Re: NuDroid v3 - now available for download on Google Play

[size=12pt]Introducing NuDroid[/size]

[font=verdana]Looking for a non-volatile mobile wallet for regular cryptocurrency payments every where they accept Bitcoin, Peercoin or Dogecoin?

Check out the new NuDroid mobile Android wallet*. The stability of NuBits and the efficiency of Bitcoin in one.
NuDroid can also be used to keep value in NuBits and pay with Peercoins or other altcoins on the fly using it’s Shapeshift integration functionality

Please check all the details and the testing requirements before downloading here:
https://discuss.nubits.com/t/nudroid-v3-release-candidate-available-for-testing/2255

Have fun! 8)[/font]

[sub]*Developed by Matthew, developer of the Peercoin Android wallet.[/sub]
[sub]NuDroid is opensource. The repository can be found here: https:/cybnate.github.io[/sub]

Edit: updated title

Great job!

[center][size=22pt]Introducing the NuDroid Mobile Wallet[/size][/center]

[center][/center]

[center][size=14pt]Download NuDroid now at the Google Play appstore[/size]
[size=7pt]NuDroid works on Android devices with version 4.04 and higher[/size][/center]

[center][size=18pt]The world’s first mobile digital currency wallet that
can pay for goods and services with a stable digital currency
[/size][/center]

[hr]

[center][size=12pt]Bitcoin is convenient. NuBits are stable. NuDroid is both![/size]

[size=12pt]NuDroid is the first mobile and stable cryptocurrency wallet which can be used to pay for goods and services at the point of sale.
Pay with your stable NuBits anywhere Bitcoin is accepted without being exposed to Bitcoin’s volatility.[/size][/center]

[center][/center]

[center][size=12pt]NuDroid is not an exchange and doesn’t require the merchant to access an exchange. NuDroid just uses the popular
Shapeshift.io service to easily and transparently exchange your NuBits to Bitcoin in seconds.[/size][/center]

[center]NuDroid is open source, free of advertisements and no registration is required.[/center]

[hr]

[size=11pt]Main Features NuDroid[/size]

NuDroid is Convenient
Use your stable NuBits to pay directly to a merchant’s Bitcoin and altcoins’ addresses. It is very easy to use. NuDroid clearly shows you and the receiver how much you are paying both in NuBits and Bitcoin or real-world currency. It allows merchants to trust that the value they are receiving is accurate. NuDroid can scan QR codes from all supported coins including Bitcoin. Paying with any digital currency has never been this convenient!

NuDroid is Secure and Fast
Your wallet can be protected with a password and your cryptographic keys remain secure on your mobile device. You have full control to select your own set of peers to customize your security. We’ve ensured that there is a fast first-time wallet synchronization by creating a lightweight copy of the blockchain. Best of all, you only need to synchronize with the secure NuBits blockchain as opposed to multiple digital currency blockchains. This saves storage capacity on your device and increases the overall speed of NuDroid.

NuDroid is Safe
When you start using NuDroid, take care to backup the encrypted NuDroid wallet. You can automatically choose to send the backup to your email address or to store it on an USB stick. With your backup safely stored you can never lose your coins in case your device is wiped or stolen. If that happened, you would simply install the app again and restore the backup and your balance will show up again.

NuDroid is Free and Respects Your Privacy
We’ll keep it simple: NuDroid is free to use. You don’t need to register for a service to use NuDroid for payments. We don’t charge you anything on top of the usual Shapeshift exchange rates for paying at a Bitcoin merchant, and you only pay 0.01 NBT for a NuBits transaction. Neither NuDroid nor Shapeshift collects your personal data. NuDroid is free of advertisements.

NuDroid is Versatile and Easy to Use
NuDroid can be run on all Android devices including tablets, supporting 4.x and higher. It can export your transactions to a comma delimited file for personal record-keeping. This record-keeping is made even easier because NuDroid keeps the coin addresses of all supported coins in its address book. It is easy to add a description to these addresses so you can remember what you paid for.

NuDroid is Open Source
NuDroid has nothing to hide and we are happy to share. We hope you may even contribute to improve NuDroid even further. Find the source code here or join the NuDroid developer chat on Gitter. Don’t trust closed source wallets!

[hr]

[center][/center]

[center]Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page that includes answers to many common NuDroid questions.[/center]

[hr]

And of course you can use it anywhere Peercoin is accepted!

Wish I had an Android device.

Yeah, I’ve always had an iPhone, so unfortunately I can’t use this.

I’ve been thinking of this for a while. There is actually a shared business case for both NuBits and Peercoin to have an Iphone version created. Once there is a Peercoin App it is relatively easy to add NuBits and the other way around.

Although the worldwide marketshare of iPhone is less than Android it is still a significant one. Unfortunately Apple made it very difficult until recently to have Apps like this published, so the market is relatively immature and therefore any developments will be expensive.

Would the Peercoin community be interested to get e.g. 10k together assuming that NuShareholders also put 10k together in order to get both communities a straightforward clone of the so-called Breadwallet/Doughwallet? The 20k is just an estimate as I don’t have a concrete offer nor a potentially available dev, but with having some serious backing I might give it a shot to contract a reliable dev on the market.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:6, topic:3547”]I’ve been thinking of this for a while. There is actually a shared business case for both NuBits and Peercoin to have an Iphone version created. Once there is a Peercoin App it is relatively easy to add NuBits and the other way around.

Although the worldwide marketshare of iPhone is less than Android it is still a significant one. Unfortunately Apple made it very difficult until recently to have Apps like this published, so the market is relatively immature and therefore any developments will be expensive.

Would the Peercoin community be interested to get e.g. 10k together assuming that NuShareholders also put 10k together in order to get both communities a straightforward clone of the so-called Breadwallet/Doughwallet? The 20k is just an estimate as I don’t have a concrete offer nor a potentially available dev, but with having some serious backing I might give it a shot to contract a reliable dev on the market.[/quote]

20k? I’m obviously working on the wrong market share.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:6, topic:3547”]I’ve been thinking of this for a while. There is actually a shared business case for both NuBits and Peercoin to have an Iphone version created. Once there is a Peercoin App it is relatively easy to add NuBits and the other way around.

Would the Peercoin community be interested to get e.g. 10k together assuming that NuShareholders also put 10k together in order to get both communities a straightforward clone of the so-called Breadwallet/Doughwallet? The 20k is just an estimate as I don’t have a concrete offer nor a potentially available dev, but with having some serious backing I might give it a shot to contract a reliable dev on the market.[/quote]

Yes I have a need for a developer to provide us with a Peercoin / peershares / Nu IOS wallet.

I have forked the original breadwallet here https://github.com/FuzzyBearBTC/breadwallet and started a peer4commit http://peer4commit.com/projects/159

Here is the repo for the Dogecoin fork https://github.com/peritus/doughwallet under commits shows the changes needed for this.

I have worked with one IOS app before, and currently do not have an IOS phone of any kind so dev for me will be slow so any help welcome :slight_smile: Or recommendations on min IPhone to get etc, I should probably put this in a separate thread, but maybe we want to see if we get any funding first.

Fuzzybear

Maybe Cybnate should post a new thread about this. I could then advertise it on social media to see if there is any interested people willing to donate.

I don’t have an IOS device, either. The biggest problem is not with the device – I could get one – it’s that I don’t have any place to pay with cryptos around here. So my wish to have an android phone is only limited to be able to play with it.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:8, topic:3547”]Yes I have a need for a developer to provide us with a Peercoin / peershares / Nu IOS wallet.

I have forked the original breadwallet here GitHub - FuzzyBearBTC/breadwallet: breadwallet - bitcoin wallet and started a peer4commit http://peer4commit.com/projects/159

Here is the repo for the Dogecoin fork GitHub - peritus/doughwallet: doughwallet — dogecoin wallet under commits shows the changes needed for this.

I have worked with one IOS app before, and currently do not have an IOS phone of any kind so dev for me will be slow so any help welcome :slight_smile: Or recommendations on min IPhone to get etc, I should probably put this in a separate thread, but maybe we want to see if we get any funding first.

Fuzzybear[/quote]
I’m in contact with a dev with a good track record and asked whether he could give me a quote for the job (including proper testing and publishing on Apple store).

Let’s see what it would cost first before we advertise.[quote=“mhps, post:10, topic:3547”]I don’t have an IOS device, either. The biggest problem is not with the device – I could get one – it’s that I don’t have any place to pay with cryptos around here. So my wish to have an android phone is only limited to be able to play with it.[/quote]
Agree with MHPS that the value is not huge for Peercoin alone as merchant adoption of Peercoin is not great. For Nu it might be more interesting when adding the Shapeshift integration. I’m thinking of porting the base application for Peercoin first and then Nu (similar what happened for the current Android App) and see if we can make a deal with the dev. which might be interesting for Peercoin community and NuShareholders. Going forward I would further develop for Nu as there is not much value for Peercoin in adding Shapeshift integration given the additional cost in my opinion.
Peercoin community can of course contribute when complete as it would all be open source.

You could always get the new iPod Touch, only $200

As an aside, doesn’t XCode have an iOS emulator for development?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk