**Quick Guide!** - How to mine Primecoin

i think this forum is almost dead

Please help me install mining for Debian 7. x64 or Windows 2008 server OS.

I need help, send you XPM for help. Thank you. :slight_smile:

[quote=“macmainer, post:102, topic:193”]Please help me install mining for Debian 7. x64 or Windows 2008 server OS.

I need help, send you XPM for help. Thank you. :)[/quote]

Hey bud, I just got xolominer up and running on my CentOS 6.4 server. But here is the guide I followed, it covers instructions for Debian 7 also

hope it helps, XPM: AGiaEQgfhLq2GtgVRo29zZiNJZUZbQAqFc any donation is appreicated as I am starting out just now :slight_smile:

I can install CentOS 6.x can you help me with video tutorial How config/start miner in SSH commands in new CentOS OS. :slight_smile:

download/cjeckout the miner from the github,
make the file
edit your options and start her up. If you want more exact details I can post them later today

[quote=“bluezman, post:105, topic:193”]download/cjeckout the miner from the github,
make the file
edit your options and start her up. If you want more exact details I can post them later today[/quote]

That’s not very helpful.

Hello,

I started mining XPM on linux a few hours ago following this guide(thanks for that! ). I was wondering whether it’s fine to have the wallet “locked” all the time.
Also, checking this primecoin post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.0 I realized that the wallet needs to be opened, is this only for the Proof of stake feature? Or also for mining?
thanks!

[quote=“lllllll, post:107, topic:193”]Hello,

I started mining XPM on linux a few hours ago following this guide(thanks for that! ). I was wondering whether it’s fine to have the wallet “locked” all the time.
Also, checking this primecoin post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.0 I realized that the wallet needs to be opened, is this only for the Proof of stake feature? Or also for mining?
thanks![/quote]

It is probably safest to have it locked all the time. The thread you reference is for Peercoin and not Primecoin. You do not need unlock your wallet except for certain actions and it will prompt you.

Thanks for the reply!
I was aware that the thread I linked to is for Peercoin, I was wondering whether the wallet unlocking is a requirement for the Proof of Stake feature of Peercoin, which is a unique characteristic( or are there others coins that provide that? ).

When you lock your wallet, what happens to the work done prior to locking it?

Thanks for the guide, I was looking for where I can get the “rate” .

Same as the close wallet, if the wallet is not synchronise and we minning is it useless ?

thanks to shares, i want to use linux to mine the primecoin, where can i find that software? thanks

Hi thanks for the guide. I never realized mining can be done with the wallet client. Anyways, I’ve had the miner running for about 24 hours and I don’t see anything. Can someone give me an estimate on what I can produce with these stats?

18:00:57

getmininginfo

18:00:57

{
“blocks” : 304488,
“currentblocksize” : 3032,
“currentblocktx” : 8,
“errors” : “”,
“generate” : true,
“genproclimit” : -1,
“primespersec” : 249,
“chainsperday” : 0.02937488,
“pooledtx” : 8,
“testnet” : false
}

I’m running a HP laptop with AMD A6 Vision Quad core CPU with AMD graphics. Nothing special. Thanks!

Newbie question my Primecoin wallet isn’t done sync and i’m already mining for primecoin. If I do get some primecoin will it disappear because my wallet isn’t load up yet or will it go into the wallet once it is done sync a couple hours later?

Firstly, sorry for not making new thread but simply I can’t make it. Surely it’s anty-spam protection. I have following question. I am owning two IBM x3650 which each machine has 2 x Intel Xeon 5440 ( 4 x 2.83 GHz ) on board. I simply followed the guide but after all my chains per day were about 0.003 which is too low value because on XPM wiki simillar Xeon E5420 had 1,49 chains per day. So there’s my question, what I did wrong? I used all of my cores ( setgenerate true -1 ) command. Thanks for replies!

Hello MeBeingAwesome,

Thank you for the quick guide for all of us just starting out.
Useful info for primecoin noobies.

Thank you,
e

Hi MeBeingAwesome,

thanks for the guide. It will help for sure!

Regards,

Vuns

[quote=“MeBeingAwesome, post:1, topic:193”]If you found this helpful, please donate, because I still have no coins :slight_smile:

Primecoin: AdKCSYFyp6LC88SySjmmQ3NzBSPiA8qUq4
PPCoin: PSKZWfowiCQuUCDQ5HJXt2Xyp7cJW5X2ev

Thanks[/quote]

Donation of 10 XPM sent… Please everyone that used this guide to set up send a donation to MeBeingAwesome for this guide. Without this guide you would have no XPM!

Fuzzybear

I know this was probably covered somewhere in this thread, but I didn’t ever see a definite answer, so I thought I’d post and see if anyone is still reading and posting to this one. Great job to “Me Being Awesome” for starting this. I’ve been mining for about 6 weeks now and I’ve tried all sorts of things other than solo mining. I’ve set up several machines mining in YPool, then got bored with that and moved them over to the Beeer.org pool. That lasted a couple of days before I got bored again and set up 5 droplets on digital ocean to try that out for a month. Now I want to try and solo mine. So here’s my question.

All I did was follow the first couple of steps in the original post on one machine, and I’m getting about 300-350 PPS out of this machine. I’ve got several more computers that I want to use. If I just set the client up on those computers and use the same primecoin address, is my processing power being combined or is each machine trying to solve the block individually. I would like to combine my processing power and I guess in a sense, create my own pool using just my machines. There have been several people ask this question on this thread, but I never saw a definitive answer. Is this possible, and if so, how do you do it.

Links, Posts, ideas welcome. I know this most likely isn’t profitable anymore, but I’m just doing it for fun. Also, what coins are easiest to mine right now that are traded on exchanges like cryptsy.

Thanks and good luck to all,

Readyrmca

Hi,

I am new here, I just started to use the client to do some mining , If I have multiple PCs at the same lan is there any method for me to combine all the mining into one?

I have try beeeeeer.org pool, but it seems the chain per day is significantly lower.
I got about 0.11 chain per day on my client.
while I only get 0.059 on pool mining.
any help will be appreciated.

regards,