**Quick Guide!** - How to mine Primecoin

Mine are still showing as immature. Not showing as unconfirmed or in balance yet.

Could anyone comment?

[quote=“coinchart, post:41, topic:193”]Mine are still showing as immature. Not showing as unconfirmed or in balance yet.

Could anyone comment?[/quote]

Mined blocks take something like 3000 confirmations for primecoin i believe.

So just wait it out and you will get your coins in your wallet soon enough :slight_smile:

One thing u can do is see how many confirmations you have on each block u mined… go to the transactions page and hover the mouse over the block stopclock on the left hand side… or go to the debug window and type “listtransactions” and you will see the number of confirms there.

FuzzyBear

Hi Fuzzy Thanks for the responding.

Do you use the encryption method in the wallet listed under Settings or is there a better alternative you use?

Is it okay to back up and/or encrypt while you are waiting on coins to mature?

Regards,

Adrian

My plan to mine with a ton of cores fizzled today. Got one server loaded to try it with 48 cores. It was suggested that the CPU cache was not enough for all the work it was trying to do.

I tried several different methods, played with the Windows settings for L2 cache in the registry and after a two hours I had a whopping 2 primespersec on 48 cores.

Giveaway will have to wait a few weeks ;D

Hey!

I’m brand new to mining. It seems that primecoin won’t synchronize all the way with the network, it’s been stuck at “3 hours behind the network” for awhile now. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

[quote=“xchrisxsays, post:45, topic:193”]Hey!

I’m brand new to mining. It seems that primecoin won’t synchronize all the way with the network, it’s been stuck at “3 hours behind the network” for awhile now. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks![/quote]

Here are some good nodes I’ve found. Go to your program files folder where primecoin-qt.exe is. Make a text file called primecoin.bat and paste this text in to it

primecoin-qt.exe -addnode=137.116.230.21 -addnode=94.23.215.174 -addnode=87.98.146.72

When you relaunch it should synchronize fairly quickly

Of course by relaunch I mean launch your primecoin.bat file.

It just calls primecoin-qt and adds the nodes in the file. should only have to do this once and it will build a peer list for you

Can someone point me to a guide for compiling the source code and inserting your own personal extra flags?

Use bootcamp to install Windows 7 and you’ll get a much higher PPS.

So I’m interested in mining from the linux command line. What paramaters do I need to pass to primecoind to get it to startup and just do mining and the have the results go into a remote wallet?

3930k @ 4.6GHz 12 threads under H20 around 1,000- 1,107 PPS about 10 min of mining.
{
“blocks” : 42879,
“currentblocksize” : 1000,
“currentblocktx” : 0,
“errors” : “”,
“generate” : true,
“genproclimit” : 12,
“primespersec” : 1107,
“pooledtx” : 0,
“testnet” : false
}

+1

+1[/quote]

I wrote a guide to installing primecoin and setting up mining here http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=install_primecoin_ubuntu
will try removing the mining in the config file and try a few parameters… i imagine something like

./primecoind --daemon -gen=1 -t4

the t4 is the number of threads

ok yep that worked and this works to

./primecoind --daemon -gen=1

I have been mining for over 2 hours @ 1,000+ pps and nothing? I figured I would have solved a block by now?

I updated to the High Performance client and I get 7,869 pps now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255782.0

[quote=“screaming_trees, post:54, topic:193”]I have been mining for over 2 hours @ 1,000+ pps and nothing? I figured I would have solved a block by now?

I updated to the High Performance client and I get 7,869 pps now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255782.0[/quote]

You should not have one yet. You’ll get one soon enough.

I’ve been 3000 PPs for 24 hours then 40004500 for the last 24. 48 hours at 7pm eastern standard time. Nothing. I deleted the blockchain and redownloaded, use approved builds of Sunny’s 0.1.1 client. Nothing. Using HP3 right now. Wish me luck.

So this is all there is to it?

If I follow those steps and set the options to Start primecoin on system login, it will start every time I start the system?

I can close the debug window and open it when I want to check progress? Is that the way to see if it is working? Closing the debug window does not stop the mining?

This is to easy. I must be doing something wrong.

Sorry for the silly questions. However if this is that easy I have multiple computers to install the client on.

Also if it is this easy I can promote the heck out of Primecoin.

Thanks when I get coins I will donate to the OP

+1[/quote]

I wrote a guide to installing primecoin and setting up mining here http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=install_primecoin_ubuntu
[…][/quote]

Thanks for your answer. Starting mining is not the problem (for me). I am wondering if it´s posible to get the XPM send to a remote wallet automaticaly and directly when found. I guess this is not posibble till there is an ecternal CPU miner ?

[quote=“ericwt, post:56, topic:193”]So this is all there is to it?

If I follow those steps and set the options to Start primecoin on system login, it will start every time I start the system?

I can close the debug window and open it when I want to check progress? Is that the way to see if it is working? Closing the debug window does not stop the mining?

This is to easy. I must be doing something wrong.

Sorry for the silly questions. However if this is that easy I have multiple computers to install the client on.

Also if it is this easy I can promote the heck out of Primecoin.

Thanks when I get coins I will donate to the OP[/quote]

I agree, is that all i need to do? I followed the OPs guideline and mine says its hashing at 32PPS, do i just leave it running?

I’m new so I look forward to hearing more about this :slight_smile:

glassuser, yes just leave the client running. You got it. :slight_smile:

As far as anything else I do not have much of a clue. But it is fun to learn new things.

We can be the token “newbies” on this forum. Every forum needs clueless newbies. like us ;D

[quote=“ericwt, post:59, topic:193”]glassuser, yes just leave the client running. You got it. :slight_smile:

As far as anything else I do not have much of a clue. But it is fun to learn new things.

We can be the token “newbies” on this forum. Every forum needs clueless newbies. like us ;D[/quote]

haha awesome! glad to be part of the community, this is the first time ive mined anything ive been buying bitcoins for awhile now and figured i try out new virtual currencies. I like primecoin the best :slight_smile:

Btw I saw that primecoin mining serves a real purpose, anyone care to explain how us mining for prime numbers will help anyone? just curious