Question for large PPC holders

There is no immutable way to link a peercoin address with a node, so your suggestion is not a protocol-level matter.

Something could be implemented on the social/community level to collect donations and pay “stipends” to users willing to publicly announce and maintain their node. In fact, future wallets could contain logic to track participation and distribute donations (a future peerapp idea?)

However, in the meantime we already have a functional version of this idea through the Raspberry Pi reward program. If we could collect enough donations, this program could even be extended to include quartely “bonuses” for staying online. (Due to lack of protocol enforcement, this will of course entail some centralized administration and risk of abuse.)

Time deposits I think maybe achieve by PSA or other,But not recommended by main chain,think about that why some coins 10% interest rate but no one pos ,and now why we need pow
The value is derived from the sustainable development,No development progress by changing the rules to get high returns,please think about the market will make choice

So this is to say that peercoin is perfect? 1MB blocks will be fine forever, no need to scale or change. Fact is i am a long time peercoin investor and i have to say peercoin is the most miserable investment i have ever made. I did not sell out at $8 because i thought in the long run the coin would actually go somewhere. But no three years later the market cap is 1/20th of what it was and the coin is behind in terms of POS tech. No voting system, no smart contracts, no adoption, no progressive mindset. I dont hate peercoin but my distain has grown over time.

Go onto any crypto forum and talk about peercoin, people dont even know what it is. People think NXT invented proof of stake for goodness sake. Peercoin is a solid foundation onto top of which nothing will probably be ever built. No point having a picture of cake when you can never eat it!

Why are you here if you dislike it so much and dont have the skills to change it?
I believe that there shouldnt be voting in the core protocol.
PeerAssets will provide it.

Either support it, help with getting it done or get out.

We work like swarm here, there is no central authority responsible for not having features. YOU are as responsible as anyone else here.

[quote=“K500, post:23, topic:3952”]So this is to say that peercoin is perfect? 1MB blocks will be fine forever, no need to scale or change. Fact is i am a long time peercoin investor and i have to say peercoin is the most miserable investment i have ever made. I did not sell out at $8 because i thought in the long run the coin would actually go somewhere. But no three years later the market cap is 1/20th of what it was and the coin is behind in terms of POS tech. No voting system, no smart contracts, no adoption, no progressive mindset. I dont hate peercoin but my distain has grown over time.

Go onto any crypto forum and talk about peercoin, people dont even know what it is. People think NXT invented proof of stake for goodness sake. Peercoin is a solid foundation onto top of which nothing will probably be ever built. No point having a picture of cake when you can never eat it![/quote]

You should do something for Peercoin if you like Peercoin. For instance, you should tell people that Sunny King first implemented PoS in Peercoin. You are the same as everybody in the community. Everybody has responsibility to promote Peercoin.

100% agree. Ppc does not owe you anything, if you want it to go somewhere, do it.

There are plenty of other try everything coins, that you should throw your money at. if you think we’ll get ppc pumped so you can sell it, lol

I’m convinced that Peercoin derives its value as a hedge, or insurance, should Bitcoin PoW fail. The minting reward and all of that, sure it is important BUT I think the key issue here is to not change it at all. If it stays the same (save for maintenance of course, security patches etc), year after year after year, it becomes this coin that is “always there, never change, never goes away” then it will become the main alternative to Bitcoin.

I agree. The overall sentiment seems to be that its main function/utility is to be a hedging tool for Bitcoin. As a community I believe we should stray away from changing the properties that define inflation. As a hedging tool one of Peercoin’s main characteristics is predictability. Even if you assume that nobody uses it for common transactions you can define an economic model where it maintains value. In theory its long term value would grow roughly at the rate of world GDP growth. Anyone would be able to use it as a portion of their investment portfolio even though it might not have a real world use case yet.
It’s a self reinforcing equillibrium argument that affirms when people observe

1. It is infact growing roughly at the rate of world GDP in the longterm
  2. Has short term ups and downs on a schedule that is disconnected from the average schedule of other stocks

The community should protect reliability when it comes to Peercoin’s economic model.

[quote=“K500, post:23, topic:3952”]So this is to say that peercoin is perfect? 1MB blocks will be fine forever, no need to scale or change. Fact is i am a long time peercoin investor and i have to say peercoin is the most miserable investment i have ever made. I did not sell out at $8 because i thought in the long run the coin would actually go somewhere. But no three years later the market cap is 1/20th of what it was and the coin is behind in terms of POS tech. No voting system, no smart contracts, no adoption, no progressive mindset. I dont hate peercoin but my distain has grown over time.

Go onto any crypto forum and talk about peercoin, people dont even know what it is. People think NXT invented proof of stake for goodness sake. Peercoin is a solid foundation onto top of which nothing will probably be ever built. No point having a picture of cake when you can never eat it![/quote]

You must understand that at the time you invested the level of inflation was of multiple times greater than what it currently is (PPC inflation is currently less than what BTC inflation will be by 2020). Comparing past performance in order to predict the future outcome is not a good exercise when the economic model is dynamic in this manner. Growth against USD has been continual for over a year now since bottoming around ~$0.22 in May, 2015.

Nothing other than god is perfect (if you believe in god).

I sincerely doubt this. Your actions, and previous words indicate you’re not.

Let me guess, you thought it was going to go higher? Of course you did.

I know, and it shows in your posts.

Glad you used the cake analogy, I can work with that.

This type of cake takes a long longer to bake. You bake a cake too fast, and it doesn’t rise properly.

The market isn’t ready for Peercoin now. We’ve got a solution that the future will need. No one needs it now. But it’s going to happen.

Understand that everyone is still star struck by Bitcoin, and Ethereum.

For a while it was Ripple too, until people went “Ooooohh, ok”

…and for a while it was NXT, until people went “oooohhh, ok”

…and it was also Neucoin, and people went “ahhh, not again”

…and and… and… and…

All meanwhile, our dev has been implementing things on a steady basis… Still working towards a final end goal.

The market does not drive peercoin, and that’s what you are too focused on.

I believe peercoin will drive the market, much like Bitcoin drives the market today, but specifically in the store of wealth department, like a backbone.

But when it happens, it will explode all at once. [Disclaimer: Make your own intelligent decision about this]

Sorry, I can tell you that Peercoin isn’t front of the line for those things. You want make some quick money? Play one of the higher more volatile alts and hope you ride the waves at the right time.

But don’t come to a slow, reliable, and long term crypto currency and stomp your feet, show your distain, and draw attention to your impatience which just wastes resources and time in the forums.

I’m trying to organize something here to increase Peercoin’s adoption rate. Yet I find myself having to respond to these types of posts before you “rally” a bunch of other distain, just to validate your own personal insecurities, which ironically contributes to the low market price you’re so concerned about.

All this does is the opposite. It makes people not want to get involved. Want to ruin your investment further? Keep it up.

Those are not flaws.