Proposal: Standardize on a unicode character to represent a peercoin

I’d like to propose that we discuss standardizing on a unicode character to represent a peercoin. This character could then be used much like the “$” symbol is used to represent the United States Dollar.

To get the conversation started, I’d like to put the 17th letter of the greek alphabet, Rho, up for consideration:

[size=18pt]⍴[/size]

Unicode Number: U+2374
HTML-entity Code: ⍴

In use, it would be appended to the whole units, and appear before any sub-unit. In cases where it was only describing a sub-unit value, it would appear in the front, as the “0” would not need to be included. This would avoid any confusion that occurs with the decimal mark between written system (e.g. “100,000” vs “100.000” vs “100 000”)

Examples of use:

[table]
[tr]
[td]1 peercoin[/td]
[td]| 1⍴[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]100 peercoins[/td]
[td]| 100⍴[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]100.987123 peercoins[/td]
[td]| 100⍴987123[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]0.987123 peercoin[/td]
[td]| ⍴987123[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]0.099 peercoin[/td]
[td]| ⍴099[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]0.00123 peercoin[/td]
[td]| ⍴00123[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

With ~96,000 characters to chose from, the existing unicode library probably has something that we could use, but if we determine that it doesn’t have the right one, there’s a process we can go through to submit a proposal to include a newly designed character.

And here’s an alternative choice, the “Circled, Capital P”:

[size=18pt]Ⓟ[/size]

Unicode Number: U+24C5
HTML-entity Code: Ⓟ

In use:

[table]
[tr]
[td]1 peercoin[/td]
[td]| 1Ⓟ[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]100 peercoins[/td]
[td]| 100Ⓟ[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]100.987123 peercoins[/td]
[td]| 100Ⓟ987123[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]0.987123 peercoin[/td]
[td]| Ⓟ987123[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]0.099 peercoin[/td]
[td]| Ⓟ099[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]0.00123 peercoin[/td]
[td]| Ⓟ00123[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

It’s really quite a shame that Russia seems to have already snagged the perfect letter for its Ruble.

That is a shame. I love that P with a line thru it! Just, why should the Russians have it?

One of the good things about having a strong man in control is if you can beat him, it’s winner take all!

So, here’s what I suggest: we have our champion beat up their champion. Like in the days of old!

Champion vs. Champion. Sunny vs. Putin.

I have it on good authority that Sunny can beat Putin in arm-wrestling. And, in a contest of wits, well, it’s really no contest at all.

Then, they will have to give us the P with the line thru it, and the Ruskies will have to get something else for the Ruble cause it’s goin down relative to the Peercoin anyway. :wink:

Pros: In the surrounding media kado and brouhaha - the chess great Kasparov will learn about us, invest in Peercoin and probably be here chatting with us on the forum daily.

Cons: Putin could become so embarrassed and humiliated in utter personal defeat, that he might nuke the world.

What do you think of my plan? huh? :wink: :o :stuck_out_tongue: ;D :wink: Should we do it?