[Project] Secure minting with Raspberry Pi

a good try would be deleting peers.dat and restart ppcoind to see if it does the trick

Can’t find my peers.dat , it isnt in ~/.ppcoin

if you use tea42 script, it set up a firewall to block everything except 9902 (which should be 9901)

so type

sudo ufw status
sudo ufw allow 9901
sudo ufw deny 9902
sudo ufw status

restart ppcoind

and try

telnet your_public_ip 9901

from somewhere outside your network to see if the world can reach your 9901

Guys, thanks again for your support. I rewrote most of the first two post and also changed the scope of my project. I removed the active node since after some discussions I assume it to be more efficient and secure to rent a VPS and configure it as active node. There are several providers around which accept bitcoin (is there one which accepts Peercoin?)

I already setup both nodes and will be able to start testing as soon as I get my crossover ethernet cable (should be today). I would very much appreciate when someone with deeper knowledge could look over my guide and check for errors. Thanks!

I am also interested in further hardening of the nodes. I guess I will find something in the internet though.

Got everything I need to run the Raspberrys now. Network connection is working nicely. Nevertheless I ran into something I was not aware of:

Node A is fully synced and I expected Node B to get fully synced very fast over the LAN. But for some reason every 500 Blocks the sync stops. CPU-Load drops to near-zero and after some time it does the next 500 blocks. When I restart one of the peercoin wallets also 500 blocks get synced and then pause again.

Did anyone experience that too?

However, since I do not want to wait several days for the full sync I temporarily connected Node B to the Internet until it is fully synced. Will report, when I get my first PoS block :wink:

Will also post a picture as soon as I get my cases.

how is your progress? want to join us over here? :smiley:

It is working as expexted. I added maxconnections=1 to peercoin.conf on node B to get rid of 100 percent CPU load. I guess it searched for additional nodes.

Beside that nothing new. I am currently in preparation Phase for my exams so don’t have enough time to support you.

However, I documented everything I have done here. If you (or someone else) needs a ready to go Image, just give me a shout. Ofcourse I (and everyone else also should) prefer to build it myself.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk