Problem uninstalling v0.3

just going through the instructions to upgrade to v0.4 but having a problem uninstalling v0.3. i am on windows 7. i have found the uninstall program (in C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCoin) and i double-click on it. it confirms it is uninstalling from folder ’ ’ - but the folder is blank. once it says completed, all the files are still in the original location (in C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCoin) so i don’t believe it has been uninstalled. has anybody come across this? i would like to do it the proper way but if not, can i just delete the files in that folder? thanks for any help.

Have you backed up your wallet files? If you’re all backed up and confirmed, you should be ok to manually delete those files if the (de)installer is missing them.

@Pennybreaker or @SirCoinGame: Have either of you run into a similar problem? If so, it’s worth adding this as an issue to the Peercoin repo to see if there’s a defect that can be fixed.

@Ben
thanks for helping out. yes i backed up my wallet file. just to clarify, running C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCoin\uninstall.exe does not know which folder to uninstall from…

if i delete manually, do i need to delete all files from both these locations?
-> C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCoin
-> C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\PPCoin

also, i have two users on my computer, each with their own wallet.dat file… could this have introduced the problem with uninstalling?

PS: i pm’ed you on a separate issue… thanks!

[quote=“r00tsical, post:3, topic:2401”]if i delete manually, do i need to delete all files from both these locations?
→ C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCoin
→ C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\PPCoin[/quote]

The first directory contains the .exe; the second contains the block index, block chain database, address seed file, wallet data file, and any logs, a testnet folder (if you have started it in the past), the daemon or the ppcoin.conf file (optionally).

You don’t technically have to remove the second directory, because v0.4 will use it as well, but if you’re looking to go with a clean installation before importing your backed up wallet file, you’re welcome to clear it out and then have the v0.4 installer recreate it.

also, i have two users on my computer, each with their own wallet.dat file.. could this have introduced the problem with uninstalling?

Possibly, I haven’t played around with having multiple users with their own wallet.dat files, but I’ll add it to the list of scenarios that we should be testing.

@Ben
ok cool, thanks for your help. i guess it’s worth cleaning out the AppData folder as i think i will have to re-download blockchain anyway as i missed the 5 may 2014 deadline for upgrading to v0.4.