Priority - Payment Processors

1. ChrisJ from Feathercoin confirmed that BIPS (payment processor) is looking to add alt currencies

2. I received this email from GoCoin (payment processor)

"John,

Thanks for the outreach via GoCoin board member Jon Yantis. We are currently focusing our initial implementation on Bitcoin, however we do plan to expand that as others emerge and liquidity improves.

To help us analyze the opportunity with PPCoin, can you provide me some statistic regarding users, demographic and motivations to use as a transactional currency. For example, what would be some examples sites that you would see the user community rallying behind and using PPCoin to transact?

Thanks for your thoughtful response,
-Steve"

"I do appreciate the green positioning and we want to enable as many payment options as possible for our merchants … We simply need to consider our development priorities !

Thx

Sent from my Smartphone … Please accept my promptness over my typing accuracy."

I need help putting this together.

Rough Ideas:

• Charts showing Peercoins growth
  • Discuss diversity with projects such as Trekcon
  • Voluneers - could dedicate 8 people to merchant services
  • Green sector

6 Month Increase in Hash Rate

Hash rate indicates the level of PoW miner investment in Peercoin. Until Peercoin eventually relies primarily on PoS hashing, PoW will be used to bootstrap the coin. This graph indicates that more PoW mining power is being directed at the coin. This is one of the many symptoms that indicate that the user base of Peercoin is expanding (although a portion of the increase certainly comes from increases in mining gear power the past month or two).

6 Month Increase in Market Cap

Market Cap represents the total monetary investment in Peercoin, given as a function of (price x coin supply). This graph clearly shows that there is a steady stream of real-world money flowing into Peercoin. While Bitcoin has certainly helped Peercoin by raising the market caps of all cryptocurrencies (“A rising tide lifts all ships”), Peercoin has out-paced every other major alt-coin in % growth. We would expect Peercoin to eventually match and surpass Litecoin in the not-too-distant future as its energy-efficiency and security superiority are proven in the marketplace.

6 Month Increase in Price per PPC (in USD)

Much the same as Market Cap, this graph shows that the average price a consumer is willing to pay for Peercoin is, and has been, increasing rapidly.

Source: www.bitinfocharts.com

All graphs show indications that Peercoin is a growing currency that is favored by people who realize that BTC (if fully scaled on a global level) will be less secure and less eco-friendly.

• Finalize merchant letter and explain how it will be deployed:
  • Talk about volunpeers and how we’ll have a dedicated team contacting businesses to accept Peercoin

• Peercoin community will create written/video tutorials to assist the on-boarding process

• Difficulty accepting Peercoin boils down to lacking a solid payment processor

• Brochures will be created similar to these:

http://lifeonbitcoin.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bitcoin-Flyer.pdf

• Investors packets

• Our market is a universal currency

Trekcon Springfield
http://www.trekconspringfield.com/press.php

Stone Soul Foundation
http://stonesoulfoundation.com/ssf/

• List the exchanges we are on, API and which have PPC/USD

• Merchants Support Board

• Languages:

English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian, Hebrew, Turkish, Russian

[quote=“MeBeingAwesome, post:3, topic:696”]6 Month Increase in Hash Rate

All graphs show indications that Peercoin is a growing currency that is favored by people who realize that BTC (if fully scaled on a global level) will be less secure and less eco-friendly.[/quote]

Could you please type a few lines under each graph highlighting why this is a great thing for Peercoin?

Sorry for being a bit quiet, I’ll have a look at doing some of these tomorrow and Thursday.

I suppose, outside of network security and energy efficiency, is there a solid reason for a user to send a payment in Peercoin instead of BTC or LTC?

I find confirmation times are faster on Peercoin than Bitcoin which is a bonus.
Community usage.

We might want to position it as a savings / clearing coin long term than a pure transaction coin.

[quote=“JustaBitofTime, post:5, topic:696”][quote=“MeBeingAwesome, post:3, topic:696”]6 Month Increase in Hash Rate

All graphs show indications that Peercoin is a growing currency that is favored by people who realize that BTC (if fully scaled on a global level) will be less secure and less eco-friendly.[/quote]

Could you please type a few lines under each graph highlighting why this is a great thing for Peercoin?[/quote]

Completed. It would be great if others could double-check that my claims are accurate.

Sure - Where is it? :slight_smile:

Yep - Just came back to the page and realised as I was scrolling down, I am going to blame the hangover I had earlier.

They look good. Nice and concise, but get the point of the chart across.

I’ll see if I can work up some figures on the energy efficiency of Bitcoin/Peercoin when scaled as well as a comparison to current payment networks to go with these. Alertness has started us off at http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=634.msg7397;boardseen#new

Unfortunately, this project will be delayed just a bit longer, I’m fighting for time until the holidays finish.