Primecoin Network difficulty 10.0

The network hit just 10.0 … :o

Any thoughts? Is the world going down now? How are your miners performing?

0.025 ch/d down from 0.750 ch/d from when the diff was 9, but the mining calculator show me better results now - 0.24 xpm/d up from 0.13xpm/d or smth lol. I suck at maths so I can be wrong - someone who can confirm this?

yea just noticed that too. i think chains per day and primes per second stats are gonna go down for all miners across the board. All miners will be estimating 10-chains per day when the difficulty jumps to 10

Well ok but, it seems that I mine twice faster than before (If http://anty.info/primecoin-calculator/ is correct ofc)??? dafuq!?

I think the calculator is broken. can not be trusted.

from 9.99 to 10.02 difficulty I did notice a significant pps drop of 39%

hI,

What happent when difficulty increase to 10 % ? Very hard to find blockchain ?
Sori, my noob question.

http://xpm.muuttuja.org/charts/ , what does this sudden increase of difficulty mean? GPU?

Who the charts “Average Prime Chain Rate over Time” shows us a drop from 60.31 to 1.39 chains/min ? Is it an error ?

If this new difficulty make the mining not rentable (from VPS for exemple), and the XPM value doesn’t rise, the miner and actuel buyer will still work on Primecoin ?
The GPU miner will save us before it’s too late ?

Sorry, English is not my first language.

[quote=“hayer, post:7, topic:1158”]hI,

What happent when difficulty increase to 10 % ? Very hard to find blockchain ?
Sori, my noob question.[/quote]

Difficulty 10.0 means that 9-Chains are NOT finding blocks anymore. You need a 10-Chain now. That’s why this is a major barrier!

And thats why your chains/day is down because its not looking for 9-chains anymore but 10-chains.

My i7 went from 2.7 9-ch/d to 0.1 10-ch/d… thats 1 chain per 10 days!

I have 2 VPS’s mining on 2 cores each, and the both went from ~0.45 chains/day to at most 0.02 chains/day. Not seeing a significant decrease in XPM/day though, so I guess it can’t be too bad.

I seem to be making more XPM since the increase in difficulty. But my per day on my miners has dropped dramatically.

I added a lot of capacity yesterday, but that should only be a drop in the ocean.

Also once it turns to 10, it needs to spike up to adjust for the 10 difficulty otherwise it would have a difficulty of 10.00000000001 which would make it absurdly easy to find a chain.

If I’m correct the difficulty will stabilise at around 10.80, at the moment it is rising quickly every few minutes.

It is difficult to estimate because I'm using the fact that my 0.6 chains has turned into 0.021 and then plugging it back into the calculator
Otherwise, the calculator is wrong.

Since when did finding 10 chains become ridiculously easy? I don’t think that is how the continuous difficulty works. 10.00000000001 should slightly more difficult than 9.99, not easier.

Not feasible for me to mine anymore at this rate…
Have a i5 @ 4.4ghz… 2x8core vps and 1x4core vps.
Was getting a little over 2xpm/day.

Now it seems like I will be getting .5xpm/day if I am lucky…

Since when did finding 10 chains become ridiculously easy? I don’t think that is how the continuous difficulty works. 10.00000000001 should slightly more difficult than 9.99, not easier.[/quote]

Well, after you take into account the lowered chains/day, maybe not. But currently it’s actually quite easy to mine. The difficulty is jumping around 0.02 every 4 hours.

Phew, my mining performance went down a good 40-50% on all machines.

With the lowered rewards on beeeeer, I am still waiting to see how this is going to affect by revenue per hour (currently it seems to have been halved, which seems a bit weird since everyone in the pool should have been affected as well).

Anyone yet found an algorithm to find the distribution of prime number chains in N? :smiley:

Cheers

If you see a sharp change in income-per-day, say more than 1/5, the calculator you use has been wrong. Mikaelh has updated the formula here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255782.0 . See discussions here http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=695.msg6311#msg6311

Since difficulty was >~9.97 (quite some days ago) 10-chains have been dominating new chains found. The difficulty in finding a 10-chain is about 30 times more difficult than a 9-chain. But when the 9-difficulty is high, for example when diff=9.99, only 1% 9-chains found are blocks while all 10-chains are blocks, so the number of 10-chains should be 3.5 times as many as valid 9-chains. Crossing the difficulty step from 9.995 to 10 perhaps only caused lessthan 1/6 real difficulty change.

Incidentally I just found a block, the first one in December. (Slow) business as usual.

edit: change chain-per-day to income-per-day. chain-per-day does have a big jump but income rate does not.

At the moment, with the same machines running with the same load as usual, I am getting twice fewer XPM per hour than just a couple of days ago (on beeeeer). It could be a freak coincidence, or maybe soon I’ll get some great rewards that will make the average go up abruptly - I’ll see!

To be clear, I’m just talking about XPM per hour, I just look at each day’s revenue and divide by 24 (and reconcile against http://xpm.syware.de/, also have a Python script that does that every 5 minutes or so).

I will see how this evolves!

XPM/hour went from ~0.31 to ~0.13. So I’ve added 6 more CPUs yet I’m now making 1/3rd of what I used to make. Pretty sad…