Primecoin GPU miner for nVidia - Now free for 750ti

[quote=“primer10, post:59, topic:2147”]if this is freq enuff, can make use of cronjob to kill and restart the script every 1 hour.

However, any plans to fix this bug or any new updates ?[/quote]

If you are getting errors that do not result in the miner exiting, i consider these very serious and would appreciate logs. If the miner is exiting then the script should restart it for you. The miner used to be more reliable with 7-8 hours before something happened. Since the port to 750ti is has not been so good. I’m getting MTTF here about 40 minutes. The code is very complex and difficult to debug, so I have been looking at it in terms of cost benefit. Spending days tracing down a bug to get .03% more performance seems like a waste of time when I can spend days and find another 25% by writing new code with new bugs :slight_smile:

Been busy lately but I’m hoping to get a 2x performance improvement when I get time.

[quote=“jonpry, post:61, topic:2147”][quote=“primer10, post:59, topic:2147”]if this is freq enuff, can make use of cronjob to kill and restart the script every 1 hour.

However, any plans to fix this bug or any new updates ?[/quote]

If you are getting errors that do not result in the miner exiting, i consider these very serious and would appreciate logs. If the miner is exiting then the script should restart it for you. The miner used to be more reliable with 7-8 hours before something happened. Since the port to 750ti is has not been so good. I’m getting MTTF here about 40 minutes. The code is very complex and difficult to debug, so I have been looking at it in terms of cost benefit. Spending days tracing down a bug to get .03% more performance seems like a waste of time when I can spend days and find another 25% by writing new code with new bugs :slight_smile:

Been busy lately but I’m hoping to get a 2x performance improvement when I get time.[/quote]

+1

Btw, are we able to change the primorial ourselves?

No windows binaries yet?

if you donate 12,500 XPM to dev, he will open-source this and u or someone else can build this for Windows… until then …

Miner is now opensource with OpenCL portions under GPL license. If you need different license for some reason you can talk to me. Miner has all features currently implemented although I do have some ideas to make it faster that are not implemented anywhere yet . https://github.com/jonpry/primecl

Nice!

Hello,

I’m running Fedora20 and got the following message when I tried to start the miner:

jhprimeminer1.01 -o h t t p : / / ypool . net : 8080 -u foo -p bar /storage/internal/Downloads/jhprimeminer1.01: /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0’ not found (required by jhprimeminer1.01)

I alrady tried and created a few sim links for libcrupto.so.1.0.0 and libssl.so.1.0.0
but then I got stuck here.

Anybody any suggestions?

I have a gtx 560 and a 780ti that i would like to try this on to see the profit, however i have no clue where to start as far as setup. I there a how to guide and will i see much profit on XPM with my gtx 560?

Hi,

First, big thanks to jonpry for publishing he’s sources under free license, great job !
I’m trying to make it work with my laptop which have a : NVIDIA Corporation GK106M [GeForce GTX 765M] …
For now, it seems that it can not find primes :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- New Block: 760350 - Diff: 10.97178394 / 7.34604645 Valid/Total shares: [ 0 / 0 ] - Max diff: 0.00000000 6ch/h: 0.00000000 - 0 [ 0 / 0 / 0 ] Share Value submitted - Last Block/Total: 0.00000000 / 0.00000000 Current Primorial Value: 41 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Go go gadget miner Mine Val/h: 0.00000000 - PPS: 0 - SPS: 47.93169785 - ACC: 0 - Primorial: 41 Chain/Hr: 6: 0.00 Val/h: 0.00000000 - PPS: 0 - SPS: 63.90095520 - ACC: 0 - Primorial: 41 Chain/Hr: 6: 0.00 Ping 90.5ms (Average 90.5) Val/h: 0.00000000 - PPS: 0 - SPS: 63.89297867 - ACC: 0 - Primorial: 41 Chain/Hr: 6: 0.00 ...
Should it be possible to have some informations about the part of the code which could be specific to hardware ? I just need to know where start to debug, after that, perhaps i can help to make it work...

Really should try out this miner for primecoin

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2