Press Release sent out about 4:15pm est

I’ve used this service before with Feathercoin and it proved to be worth the investment. The press release was sent to:

• ~500 online magazines
  • Large group of journalists that covered terms Bitcoin or Litecoin
  • ~ 7000 radio stations
  • ~ 8000 newspapers

Keep in mind, almost everyone will ignore us and that’s perfect fine. All we need is a couple decent hits to move us a bit further. These campaigns aren’t a magic pill, it’s about chipping away at public awareness.

Once the Coindesk article is published, I’ll go after our own media lists. There’s been interests in follow-up interviews, after work, I’ll make those phone calls/emails.

Love your work!

[quote=“Gabe”]John, that coindesk article has me worried that you will just one day split from your amazing promotional abilities here.

Are you in this for the long-haul? Are you more excited about PPC then you were about Feathercoin? Are you with us forever? :slight_smile:

Gabe[/quote]

Love working in the Peercoin community. Once all the volunpeers are in place, I won’t be needed but still happy to assist. I’ve always respected Sunny’s approach to coins and excited to be with everyone.

We have to keep in mind… we’ll knock on a few thousand doors and only a few people will even acknowledge us. The next time we push, we’ll open a few more. So many great things going on in the community, just the beginning!

Hey, I will just repost my comment from reddit

First, congrats to getting on Coindesk, more visibility for Peercoin is certainly good thing.

However, the undertone of the article seems somewhat skeptical, especially when compared to their other ones. First, it says that SunnyKing is “incredibly paranoid”, then it casts a dubious light on Manglaviti (involvement in Phnoenixcoin, walked away from Feathercoin) and belittles the TrekkieConference (“16 of those events across the Northern US alone in October” & “hardly mainstream”). Sounds not very positive…

I also don’t understand why he refers to PPCoin in the heading. Wasn’t there a lot of effort spent to re-brand the coin as Peercoin or PPC. Old reddit /ppcoin subforum was moved to /peercoin because of that.

Honestly, I think a write up from Sunny’s recent community chat would have been more interesting. It concerns more technical aspects, rather than what promo activities Peercoin has going on right now. Sunny shed some light on his long-term vision for PPC / XPM and what kind of developments we will see in the near future, he also answered question regarding the risk of him being the only developer, etc.

P.S. This is my two cents. Don’t want to sound like a dick, I still appreciate your efforts, but I think the writer is biased.

[quote=“Sebsebzen, post:4, topic:659”]Hey, I will just repost my comment from reddit

First, congrats to getting on Coindesk, more visibility for Peercoin is certainly good thing.

However, the undertone of the article seems somewhat skeptical, especially when compared to their other ones. First, it says that SunnyKing is “incredibly paranoid”, then it casts a dubious light on Manglaviti (involvement in Phnoenixcoin, walked away from Feathercoin) and belittles the TrekkieConference (“16 of those events across the Northern US alone in October” & “hardly mainstream”). Sounds not very positive…

I also don’t understand why he refers to PPCoin in the heading. Wasn’t there a lot of effort spent to re-brand the coin as Peercoin or PPC. Old reddit /ppcoin subforum was moved to /peercoin because of that.

Honestly, I think a write up from Sunny’s recent community chat would have been more interesting. It concerns more technical aspects, rather than what promo activities Peercoin has going on right now. Sunny shed some light on his long-term vision for PPC / XPM and what kind of developments we will see in the near future, he also answered question regarding the risk of him being the only developer, etc.

P.S. This is my two cents. Don’t want to sound like a dick, I still appreciate your efforts, but I think the writer is biased.[/quote]

Nice to have you with us, I’ll do my best to answer these questions based on my experience interviewing:

1. “However, the undertone of the article seems somewhat skeptical, especially when compared to their other ones.”

Personally, I felt it was balanced. As a journalist, he was simply bringing to light comments that are already out there. I’ve received slack from the Feathercoin community, Sunny has received slack from his anonymous nature. I think the piece is believable because it’s not ‘pro Peercoin’, it’s a deep dive into what people are talking about.

1. SunnyKing is “incredibly paranoid”

Sunny is, and he has the right to be. We’ve seen what has happened with people in the past that rub the US gov’t the wrong way. Sunny is extremely protective of his identity, while that’s natural to those of us in the know, it’s not common in many other areas.

1. "then it casts a dubious light on Manglaviti "

I felt it was balanced. I was credited for helping building the Feathercoin community as well as being an asset for Sunny for outside exposure. Sure, some in the Feathercoin community are upset (which is insane considering I was simply a volunteer that donated considerable time and money). Sure, UNOCS was brought up and how it ultimately failed (not everything I touch turns to gold, I can live with that).

1. " belittles the TrekkieConference"

Danny correctly pointed out there’s a lot of TrekkieConventions but also comments that this is a start. He’s right, we need more events like this to bring the currency to the mainstream. He goes on to discuss how I’m working with a touring band to support the coin as well. I touched based with the guys at Trek Con, they were fine with it as well.

1. " I also don’t understand why he refers to PPCoin in the heading"

Danny sent a request to change it to the editors.

** Update ** [9:53:33 AM] Danny Bradbury: Just got word that they will change PPcoin to Peercoin

1. “It concerns more technical aspects”

Which is great for us, however, not really a turn-on for the people we’d like to attract to the movement. We’re not looking to bring on more crypto-nerds (I’m one of them), they already know about Peercoin, we’re looking for those that looked up Bitcoin news because they saw a news article and happened to end up on Coindesk.

1. “rather than what promo activities Peercoin has going on right now.”

The promo activities are the make or break for the coin. Again, we need to let the public know that forward progress is being made. We need exchanges to understand that we’re not sitting on our hands. When I approach payment processors, I need to show the direction and why it’s a great investment.

1. “he also answered question regarding the risk of him being the only developer, etc.”

Legit concern in my mind, this will be an upcoming initiative. We need to attract other developers for some type of redundancy not to mention assistance. I’m sure Sunny is swamped.

That’s my take on it anyway, I always respect other opinions!

My Chinese translation of Coindesk article on PPC has been viewed 15,000 times so far and retweeted 9 times.
http://c.blog.sina.com.cn/profile.php?blogid=d3b90b768900039j

[quote=“redlee, post:6, topic:659”]My Chinese translation of Coindesk article on PPC has been viewed 15,000 times so far and retweeted 9 times.
http://c.blog.sina.com.cn/profile.php?blogid=d3b90b768900039j[/quote]

Redless,

Fantastic! Could you please start making a list of Chinese sites that we need to focus our energy?