Press Release - 2 - Trekcon - Tuesday November 5th

** See Below **

I hate writing these! :slight_smile:

I like this one the best…

“Peercoin the next generation currency according to Trek convention”

Speaking of TNG, it would be awesome if Patrick Stewart was going to be there. What if we got an interview with him about Peercoin? :o

Rough

[center]PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release: November 06, 2013
[/center]

Coin: Peercoin (PPC)
Peercoin Website: www.peercoin.net
Trekcon Springfield Website: www.trekconspringfield.com
Telephone: 516-234-6587
Email: john.manglaviti@gmail.com

[center]Peercoin the Next Generation Digital Currency According to Trek Convention[/center]

November 06, 2013 Springfield, MO - Trek Con organizers BlankFish, LLC announce that Peercoin (PPC) will be the official crypto currency of Trek Con Springfield May 9 - 11, 2014. According to the projected number of participants, Trek Con Springfield will be the largest convention to ever accept a digital currency for tickets, merchandise and vendor demonstrations. By accepting Peercoin, the third largest crypto currency, other digital coins such as Bitcoin also benefit from the exposure to Sci-Fi communities.

“The Peercoin community is honored to be asked to be the official crypto currency of Trek Con. To show our support, we’re giving away one Peercoin to the first 2000 people that attend the convention,” said John Manglaviti, a Peercoin organizer. “As a next generation energy efficient crypto currency, we’re excited about getting Peercoin into the hands of thousands of Sci-Fi fans.”

“Peercoin actually brings us a little closer to what Gene Roddenberry originally envisioned where there was no centrally controlled currency and it’s open source,” noted Lawrence Blankenship, co-founder of BlankFish, LLC.

Trek Con Springfield has an impressive list of celebrities which have confirmed attendance including Robert O’Reilly, Cirroc Lofton, Tim Russ, Chase Masterson and Manu Intiraymi to name just a few. The Peercoin team will be working directly with CoinPayments.net to integrate the payment system in the next few weeks.

Announcement Video

Here is a YouTube video announcing Springfield Trek Con and Peercoin:

About Peercoin

Peercoin (PPC) is an open source peer-to-peer digital currency that’s developed, promoted and organized by volunteers. As the third largest crypto currency, Peercoin can be traded at the following exchanges:

BTC-E
www.btc-e.com

Coin Market
www.coinmkt.com

Vault of Satoshi
www.vaultofsatoshi.com

Whether you are a developer, economist, artist, musician, social media lover, or just someone who wants to learn more about the Peercoin community, there are always ways to get involved. For more information, please visit: www.peercointalk.org

About Blankfish, LLC

Kevin Fisher and Lawrence Blankenship were Trekkies. When the closest Trek Con to them closed down they accepted their new destiny and began working like Scotty to engineer a better, more enjoyable, and more satisfying event than had ever been encountered before.

I think it sounds good to me. Maybe one suggestion, this sentence…

“A YouTube video announcing Springfield Trekcon and Peercoin:”

…should be changed to this…

“Here is a YouTube video announcing Springfield Trekcon and Peercoin:”

Maybe also a bold title for the video like “Announcement Video:”

You mentioned this is being attached to the email. Will it be a pdf or something else?

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:5, topic:793”]I think it sounds good to me. Maybe one suggestion, this sentence…

“A YouTube video announcing Springfield Trekcon and Peercoin:”

…should be changed to this…

“Here is a YouTube video announcing Springfield Trekcon and Peercoin:”

Maybe also a bold title for the video like “Announcement Video:”

You mentioned this is being attached to the email. Will it be a pdf or something else?[/quote]

Great suggestions, changing in just a few minutes. This will be pdf.

Reads very well. Only thing I caught was whether it should be “Trekcon” or “Trek Con” (as you used in the last paragraph). Consistency is good.

Also caught myself - briefly had a tweet up announcing this, but I pulled it and will be waiting for the official release so that everything is coordinated.

[quote=“MeBeingAwesome, post:7, topic:793”]Reads very well. Only thing I caught was whether it should be “Trekcon” or “Trek Con” (as you used in the last paragraph). Consistency is good.

Also caught myself - briefly had a tweet up announcing this, but I pulled it and will be waiting for the official release so that everything is coordinated.[/quote]

Thank you, I’ll make sure to change it to Trek Con throughout.

“Whether you’re a developer, artist, musician, writer or just someone that wants to contribute to spreading the word, there’s always a place for anyone that wants to get involved. For more information, please visit: www.peercointalk.org.”

Becomes

“Whether you are a developer, artist, musician, social media lover, or just someone who wants to learn more about the Peercoin community, there are always ways to get involved. For more information, please visit: www.peercointalk.org

Thank you. Fixed.

Press release looks good, I would also add economist to the list of developer, artist, musician etc as we want the ecnomic minds to invest to :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:11, topic:793”]Press release looks good, I would also add economist to the list of developer, artist, musician etc as we want the ecnomic minds to invest to :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

done :slight_smile:

I translate the Trekcon news and post it in my weibo and post a blog.
http://c.blog.sina.com.cn/profile.php?blogid=d3b90b76890002rz

and this blog/weibo on Kevin Rose’s tweets.
http://c.blog.sina.com.cn/profile.php?blogid=d3b90b76890002s4