[Pre-ANN] Indicium

Can you please clear up something for me? What is Indicium’s relationship with QGM (Quite Good Money)? In chat you said QGM never really existed and that this DAC is something that actually exists. Does that mean QGM is no longer something that is being worked on and Indicium is its replacement? I thought I remember @peerchemist saying before that he was working on a paper for it.

There was never a design document for an organization called “QGM”, it was an idea that was thrown around. Indicium has design documents (currently unreleased) and a cohesive idea. I do not think we should look at it as a rebranding, because QGM was just an idea that someone gave a name to, whereas Indicium has organizational structure and design.

2 Likes

Indicium is what started out as QGM idea back in a day. Just Indicium has nothing to do with QGM anymore(different idea) so it has been re-branded.
And yes I wrote the technical paper on how the DAC will be organized for Indicium team.

2 Likes

Is this the official logo, or will there be an icon/symbol to go along with the text? It looks very nice by the way.

Someone is asking if this is legal in the Reddit thread linked above.

Bitcoin is illegal in places, this would not be legal in those places. In most places, however, cryptocurrency is considred legal. This will not, however, be registered with the SEC or any other governmental body. It also will not deal with any fiat.

I just checked and it appears that every single domain and social media account with that name was already taken before you posted your thread. The only solution I can think of to get around it would be to add a subtitle to the name. Just as an example, something like Indicium Solutions. That would help you get around any squatters, but you’d need to figure out what subtitle makes sense for your DAC to use.

Social media handles are not an issue, we also already have a domain name.

1 Like

Congratulation! especially for @ConfusedObserver

@ConfusedObserver is not currently playing a significant role in indicium. In fact, i have not heard their opinion on the subject at all.

Isn’t @ConfusedObserver the first to raise ETF idea in this community?

Possibly, but ETF is a well known financial instrument. I’m sure they are happy to see something blossom, but they are not directly involved.

@sabreiib, I can confirm that I don’t play a significant role. To be honest: I don’t play any role.
And I don’t know whether https://peercoin.chat/channel/qgm-devel (or however the channel was called) is no longer existing because it’s considered obsolete now or I got kicked off.

Anyway: congratulations to Indicium!
I’m looking forward to see the implementation.

2 Likes

The organization will have elected officials. Anyone should be able to get a position if they do good work. @ConfusedObserver Glad to see you’re still encouraging, I’d be happy to see you take a leading role eventually.

1 Like

Of course I’m encouraging!
Indicium with automatic re-balancing will outcompete what I proposed as “QGM ETF” by far.
That makes me as a future customer very happy.

Depending on the implementation this can be a step towards a decentralized shapeshift.
It’s amazing!
That will make the DAC owners happy, because I expect to see serious revenue in the future of Indicium!
I wouldn’t be mad to have a role in this organization :wink:

3 Likes

Personally an ETF full of altcoins seems insane to me, but it would certainly be fun to try, and a stock market is one of the cooler things you can emulate with PeerAssets so this makes a great live trial.

It shouldn’t contain more than 6 coins/assets at once. If a dollar-peg can be created with PeerAssets, that would be useful to include in the basket, as a volatility-suppressor.

I imagine there will be an implicit indX/BTC pair? Dunno what else you’d do the IPO on.

I’m eager to see how this plays out, but I wouldn’t want to invest without a more detailed plan. It could be worth parking a little bitcoin in.

Actually several altcoins alive are almost as old as bitcoin. If a basket of uncorrelated or even anticorrelated altcoins are chosen along side bitcoin and exchange-issued usd tokens, the result is conceivably an asset that is more stable than any of its constituents. I have shown results of tests using historical data. The only main untested part is related to liquidity when the market is violently moving.

This is the official account for Indicium

1 Like

Not even close.

Yea, I definitely should have removed that post. I took the time to read further and get a better understanding… Very promising!

1 Like