PPC Price per coin

I noticed that PPC has reached over $0.90 in price today, do you think that in a couple years time we could be looking at a price of over $90 or am I being unrealistic?

You are being completely realistic. Positive mentality is what makes a value of something rise. So keep thinking positive, and pass on the happy to noobs :smiley:

It actually reached $1 today…

I do have to say has off to LTC… today a pretty epic day for them, tapping into the chinese exchange market seems to be the way forward :slight_smile:

But not shying away from our $1 per coin breakthrough :slight_smile: gtz to all and Sunnyking, bet this a proud day for u as it is for us all.

Fuzzybear

Been a strange day for cryptocurrencies it seems :stuck_out_tongue: Bitcoin went a bit mental for a few minutes as well.

It’s back to being mental :slight_smile: Pushing close to $850 / BTC on BTC-China… though I’m unsure how that valuation stands up to Mt. Gox or Vault of Satoshi. Latest on Mt.Gox was $730 and VoS, $690.

Its at $3.28US on this exchange in China http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=ppc

so, buy ppc at $1 and sell for $3 :slight_smile:

Why sell for $3 when you have the possibility of selling for hundreds or thousands later in the future? Have you heard the stories of people who were early adopters in Bitcoin and sold out when they could afford to buy a car? They’re kicking themselves in the ass right now because they could have been millionaires.

Arbitrage :slight_smile:

Buy for $1, sell for $3 to the high exchange, re-buy from somewhere else at $1.25; rinse, repeat. Just make sure you end up with a couple thousand coins in the long run :slight_smile:

Or, better yet, use this time-tested method of making money:

Step 1: Collect Underpants Step 2: Step 3: Profit!

How do you get here peercoin?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Hi @jjay01,

There are three ways to acquire Peercoin.

[ol][li]“Mine” (process transaction blocks to validate that they are legitimate) either as part of a group (“a pool”) or by yourself (“solo”) for coin rewards with your computer’s CPU, GPU or specialized ASIC equipment;[/li]
[li]Purchase coins from others through one of the exchanges, trading either fiat currency (USD, EUR, CNY, etc.) or digital currency (BTC, LTC, XPM, etc.) in exchange for Peercoins (PPC);[/li]
[li]Once you have some coins, and you’ve held on to them for over 30 days, and then continue to hold them, Peercoin’s design includes a mechanism called Proof-of-Stake, that will “mint” Peercoins for you (at a 1% rate, per year)
[/li][/ol]

There are a lot of “getting started” resources available on the forums here, but if you can’t find something and have a question, please don’t hesitate to ask and we can direct you to the right place.

Good places to start:

Get setup with a Peercoin wallet: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=6.0
[i]Getting Started with Peercoin[i]: http://cryptocurrencynews.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/getting-started-with-ppcoin/

Welcome to the community, and I hope we see more of you!

Thanks for your help

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I have made a prediction in the PPC reddit section some months ago about Peercoin price:

• 2014 PPC should reach easily the $2-$5 range, like Litecoin in 2013. It will then probably fight with Litecoin for the second place in the crypto world. For this to happen, centralized checkpoints will have to be removed, PoS minting must made been “really” easy in the PPC Gui and Peercoin must prove that it offers equal or better security than PoW coins.
  • 2015, with all major technical issues resolved, will be the year when PPC could “attack” Bitcoin itself and dispute the title of the leading crypto-currency. It could grow to a similar market cap like bitcoin and a price of $100 or more.
  • Obviously, Peercoin can fail too, when it would disappear and fall to 0; even for Bitcoin this scenario is possible.

“For this to happen, centralized checkpoints will have to be removed, PoS minting must made been “really” easy in the PPC Gui and Peercoin must prove that it offers equal or better security than PoW coins.”

Yes, yes and YES!

Is there any official word on gui PoS?

[quote=“d5000, post:14, topic:837”]I have made a prediction in the PPC reddit section some months ago about Peercoin price:

• 2014 PPC should reach easily the $2-$5 range, like Litecoin in 2013. It will then probably fight with Litecoin for the second place in the crypto world. For this to happen, centralized checkpoints will have to be removed, PoS minting must made been “really” easy in the PPC Gui and Peercoin must prove that it offers equal or better security than PoW coins.
  • 2015, with all major technical issues resolved, will be the year when PPC could “attack” Bitcoin itself and dispute the title of the leading crypto-currency. It could grow to a similar market cap like bitcoin and a price of $100 or more.
  • Obviously, Peercoin can fail too, when it would disappear and fall to 0; even for Bitcoin this scenario is possible.[/quote]

All pretty realistic targets. I would add the one thing PPC needs in 2014 is access to Chinese exchanges and increased awareness among Chinese investors.