PPC added to upcoming Payment Processor + Wallet Service + Mobile app for DC

Sounds great Ryan. Good luck to you. Do be in touch with any support q’s your team has.

[quote=“RyanAuraWallet, post:1, topic:1277”]Hey Everybody,

Thanks for checking out my post, I wanted to speak briefly about an upcoming company I’m currently apart of which will be adding Peercoin to its system. First though I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Ryan Haidinger, I am the Founder & CEO of AuraWallet. We are a small startup based in San Jose, California (currently about 6 employees), and we are developing an Digital Currency Payment Processor for BTC, LTC and now PPC (with other currencies in the future). Our primary focus on our platform will be the following:

Buy and Sell cryptocurrencies (currently only available from USD bank accounts).
Hosted Wallet interface (with ability to use cold storage if needed)
Full Service Merchant Support (create invoices, integrate with shopping cart software, use at your local business through our POS system, or online).
Mobile Application available on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry to manage your transactions, check the latest pricing and send/receive

Our goal is to create an feature-rich platform that allows consumers and merchants to transact, use and manage their digital currency. We see digital currency as a disruptive force against the traditional payments and commerce marketplace, in which we believe needs a drastic update.

We’ve also been spending the past month hosting seminars and meeting with merchants to explain the benefit of accepting digital currency. As of today, we have 61 merchants signed on (mostly in California and Georgia), that include: Restaurants, Dry Cleaners, Car Washes, Deli’s, and a few select online stores such as a Furniture Company, Video Game, and Clothing Outlet. The great thing about our platform is that, when we add new currency types to our platform, the merchants can automatically start accepting them, without doing any other work from their end.

For us, in order to grow Digital Currency, there needs to be an strong layer of infrastructure that makes it incredibly simple for anybody (be they consumer or merchants), access digital currency, and use it at a place of business.

If you’re like to learn more about what we’re doing, feel free to visit us here at: www.AuraWallet.com

Our current development goal is to complete the entire platform by early Q2, with beta invites in mid Q1 of 2014. AuraWallet Inc. is a registered and regulated member of the FinCEN, as a licensed money transmitter.

Thank you for reading, and look forward to helping the community.
Ryan
AuraWallet.com[/quote]

[quote=“iheartcryptocoin, post:21, topic:1277”]Sounds great Ryan. Good luck to you. Do be in touch with any support q’s your team has.

[quote=“RyanAuraWallet, post:1, topic:1277”]Hey Everybody,

Thanks for checking out my post, I wanted to speak briefly about an upcoming company I’m currently apart of which will be adding Peercoin to its system. First though I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Ryan Haidinger, I am the Founder & CEO of AuraWallet. We are a small startup based in San Jose, California (currently about 6 employees), and we are developing an Digital Currency Payment Processor for BTC, LTC and now PPC (with other currencies in the future). Our primary focus on our platform will be the following:

Buy and Sell cryptocurrencies (currently only available from USD bank accounts).
Hosted Wallet interface (with ability to use cold storage if needed)
Full Service Merchant Support (create invoices, integrate with shopping cart software, use at your local business through our POS system, or online).
Mobile Application available on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry to manage your transactions, check the latest pricing and send/receive

Our goal is to create an feature-rich platform that allows consumers and merchants to transact, use and manage their digital currency. We see digital currency as a disruptive force against the traditional payments and commerce marketplace, in which we believe needs a drastic update.

We’ve also been spending the past month hosting seminars and meeting with merchants to explain the benefit of accepting digital currency. As of today, we have 61 merchants signed on (mostly in California and Georgia), that include: Restaurants, Dry Cleaners, Car Washes, Deli’s, and a few select online stores such as a Furniture Company, Video Game, and Clothing Outlet. The great thing about our platform is that, when we add new currency types to our platform, the merchants can automatically start accepting them, without doing any other work from their end.

For us, in order to grow Digital Currency, there needs to be an strong layer of infrastructure that makes it incredibly simple for anybody (be they consumer or merchants), access digital currency, and use it at a place of business.

If you’re like to learn more about what we’re doing, feel free to visit us here at: www.AuraWallet.com

Our current development goal is to complete the entire platform by early Q2, with beta invites in mid Q1 of 2014. AuraWallet Inc. is a registered and regulated member of the FinCEN, as a licensed money transmitter.

Thank you for reading, and look forward to helping the community.
Ryan
AuraWallet.com[/quote][/quote]

Definitely, I suspect our team will start making their rounds over the next few weeks, after we wrap up Litecoin integration on our platform.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan, thank you so much! I’m sorry for the slight delay on your email Sunday, I’ve been down with the flu for the past 24 hours.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll form a merchant team specifically to help bring businesses to your platform.

Hi JustaBitofTime,

We wouldn’t have accelerated the development of Peercoin without your email, so it is greatly appreciated!

Sorry to hear about the flu, seems everybody I know out here in NorCal is getting the flu… hopefully you’ll be feeling better for the upcoming New Year.

Also to your below comment as well, we would definitely appreciate the support, and if needed I can have Chris contact your team directly (he runs business development on our side, and is currently working with merchants for on-boarding purposes).

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

It is always good to see new competition on the market. You’re probably aware you are not the first payment processor for Peercoin. It is just the mobile wallet service.
Your competitor is here: https://www.coinpayments.net/ (full disclosure: I have no stakes or any relation with that company).

Just a few questions if you don’t mind.

Could you please let us know what would be your competitive edge?
I guess the wallet and the mobile app are one of those. What about the transaction fees or is it to early for that?

Beside USD transfer from US accounts only, I guess you would accept other cryptos (e.g. Peercoin) to load the mobile wallet.
I’m asking this to understand whether it would make sense for New Zealand businesses and consumers to deal with your company. They could use a local NZ exchange for exchanging New Zealand Dollars into Bitcoins for the time being. Still have to find a local NZD/PPC exchange though, will lobby for that locally.

PS I’m happy to be invited to test the beta wallet when available

I can’t wait! Thanks for doing what you’re doing. :smiley:

PS. I just sent you guys an email asking for more information about the beta. Didn’t realise you were still replying in this thread :slight_smile:

[quote=“Cybnate, post:26, topic:1277”]Hi Ryan,

It is always good to see new competition on the market. You’re probably aware you are not the first payment processor for Peercoin. It is just the mobile wallet service.
Your competitor is here: https://www.coinpayments.net/ (full disclosure: I have no stakes or any relation with that company).

Just a few questions if you don’t mind.

Could you please let us know what would be your competitive edge?
I guess the wallet and the mobile app are one of those. What about the transaction fees or is it to early for that?

Beside USD transfer from US accounts only, I guess you would accept other cryptos (e.g. Peercoin) to load the mobile wallet.
I’m asking this to understand whether it would make sense for New Zealand businesses and consumers to deal with your company. They could use a local NZ exchange for exchanging New Zealand Dollars into Bitcoins for the time being. Still have to find a local NZD/PPC exchange though, will lobby for that locally.

PS I’m happy to be invited to test the beta wallet when available[/quote]

Hi,

I would be happy to answer your questions.

Sure, I am well aware we are not the first payment processor, and that’s perfectly fine.

The first main problem with Coinpayments is that they are a strictly a Wallet to Wallet service, they physically do not offer exchange services. So when you get paid through Coinpayments they remove a fee for the transaction before sending the coins to your wallet. Than you must take your coins and go to an exchange and cash out, in which case the exchange will probably charge you an additional fee for the sell order.

With AuraWallet, we offer exchange services directly, so when you receive coins in your wallet, you can sell them and receive fiat currency deposited into your bank account (USD for the time being). In this instance you are being charged a single fee for the sell order / withdrawal to your bank account. The Wallet to Wallet service we offer is of course free to use, you can send and receive currency without any fees, you are only charged when you select to Purchase, Sell / Withdrawal your currency from the system.

The 2nd item we have is a robust merchant system which includes an traditional set of tools such as special coupons, marketing features, and loyalty rewards built automatically into your account. Combine this with our exchange and wallet system, plus the ability to easily integrate into 3rd party shopping cart tools + direct invoices, and you have an truly powerful system to use for free - out of the box. With this instance, we are providing an strong layer of eCommerce based support to help our Merchants succeed and grow their business. There are a few other things we are doing for Merchants which I can’t mention for now ;), but trust me - you’ll be happy.

Correct, we only deal in USD for now, as we are operated out of the United States. As the platform grows we will continue to expand to other currencies where we have a physical presence and where regulatory compliance is available for bitcoin related financial companies. With that said, ANYBODY can use our Wallet Service on the Web or Mobile service if all you need is a place to keep your coins, and or use our Cold Storage Platform. However if you do not have a USD Bank Account, we cannot allow you to Buy or sell coins.

Our Mobile Application will be available in 10 languages, with 5 at launch which we hope will guarantee its acceptance in more countries.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks for your extensive answer. That is helpful and I think you are providing a competitive service especially for Peercoin users in USA.

My only problem is for now that because you are only accepting USA bank accounts, the value of your service for non-USA bank account holders is almost similar as your competitor, except for the mobile wallet and maybe the merchant goodies you have in mind and won’t tell us yet. Happy to take that for now though.

I guess it is a matter of time, you will be accepting Euro/UK/AUS/NZ accounts. Looking forward to your press releases in 2014!

Good luck and as said before happy to beta test when you’re ready.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:29, topic:1277”]Thanks for your extensive answer. That is helpful and I think you are providing a competitive service especially for Peercoin users in USA.

My only problem is for now that because you are only accepting USA bank accounts, the value of your service for non-USA bank account holders is almost similar as your competitor, except for the mobile wallet and maybe the merchant goodies you have in mind and won’t tell us yet. Happy to take that for now though.

I guess it is a matter of time, you will be accepting Euro/UK/AUS/NZ accounts. Looking forward to your press releases in 2014!

Good luck and as said before happy to beta test when you’re ready.[/quote]

Sure, you’re welcome!

We do plan to offer more countries in the future, which will open up different currencies, however that will be down the road after the platform has been established. Our future assumption will be to support CAD, EURO and GBP.

Thanks,
Ryan
AuraWallet.com