Potential Peerunity Logos

Ok, so we all know that Peerunity is going to be a merged Peercoin/Peershares client. Peerunity is going to need to display a logo. The problem is that Peercoin has a gold logo and Pershares has a silver logo. The question I asked myself was which color do we use. Here are the Peercoin and Peershares logos for reference…

[size=18pt]Peercoin Logo:[/size]

[size=18pt]Peershares Logo:[/size]

My first thought was that Peercoin is the dominant client here. Without Peercoin and proof-of-stake there would be no Peershares, so I had my designer Lightning make up a logo for Peerunity using the gold version…

[size=18pt]Dominant Gold Version:[/size]

Mhps gave me the idea though to combine the gold of Peercoin and the silver of Peershares to create the Peerunity logo. This version definitely symbolizes the merging of Peercoin and Peershares. The question is, do you like it. Would you want this as the official Peerunity logo? If so, does it need to be altered in any way?

[size=18pt]Combined Peercoin/Peershares Version:[/size]

My opinion about the combined version. I didn’t like it at first, but I think it might be growing on me. If there were to be any changes, I think the bottom right silver part of the coin might be too bright. It might need to be darkened just a tad. Does anybody else agree with this?

Also, here is MasterofDisaster’s opinion…

[quote=“masterOfDisaster, post:49, topic:2203”]I like it, because it differs enough from the Peercoin log to make sure, it is something else.
And it is close enough to the Peercoin logo to make clear that they have a lot to do with each other.
So my conclusion is: [size=12pt]this logo is great![/size][/quote]

I forgot to mention the “unity aspect” of the gold/silver logo:
this really looks like Peercoin and Peershares united!

sent by Tapatalk

I’m not sure why I’m not too keen on it. It feels like something is just “off”.

Maybe it doesn’t look as “metallic” as the other logos. It looks almost fake, but I don’t really dislike it either.

It sort of looks like this

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I don’t particularly like the gold/silver version. The colors clash quite a bit and make it seem tacky.

I think we should also strive to have our design be flexible enough that Peerunity can incorporate other Peer products if any are ever introduced in the future (maybe PeerExchange is green, or PeerCloud is blue, who knows).

My vote would be pure gold (as Peershares are built on top of Peercoin), or possibly an all-white or all-black version to give the feeling of being customizable (ie. Peershares colored silver, Peercoin colored gold).

[quote=“river333, post:5, topic:2226”]I’m not sure why I’m not too keen on it. It feels like something is just “off”.

Maybe it doesn’t look as “metallic” as the other logos. It looks almost fake, but I don’t really dislike it either.[/quote]

This is similar to how I feel. I can’t put my finger on it. I don’t hate it, but something is not quite right.

[quote=“David, post:6, topic:2226”]Maybe I’m in the minority here but I don’t particularly like the gold/silver version. The colors clash quite a bit and make it seem tacky.

I think we should also strive to have our design be flexible enough that Peerunity can incorporate other Peer products if any are ever introduced in the future (maybe PeerExchange is green, or PeerCloud is blue, who knows).

My vote would be pure gold (as Peershares are built on top of Peercoin), or possibly an all-white or all-black version to give the feeling of being customizable (ie. Peershares colored silver, Peercoin colored gold).[/quote]

What you say here makes sense. Other peer products could be merged into Peerunity, making the silver and gold obsolete. We should probably just go with the gold version then. I think we should think of the gold version as not only the logo for Peercoin itself, but the logo for the “Peer Family.” Every additional Peer program that gets released in the future will come about because of Peercoin. While all these programs may have different colored logos for each one, the gold logo should encompass the entire “Peer Family” in my opinion. Using this one makes the most sense to me when thinking of it like that…

[size=5]Peer Family Logo:
[/size]

What about the “P”, sans surrounding circle?

That could be interesting to see! But yes I agree with you Sent, gold should be the dominant color either way.

Maybe we should think of a Peer Family logo and a Peerunity wallet logo seprately. These two concepts are related but not exactly the same. Ben’s idea is more suitable to the Peer Family logo – the simpler the better for foundamental elements.

I am no artist, but I saw the pictures and here is what I envisioned…

Do like a ‘yin-yang’ style of it.

Half the coin the color of the top picture merged with the bottom half of the bottom picture… I will try this, but please forgive the amateur approach…

I really don’t know jack about paint programs!

But instead of Peercoin at the bottom it says Peerunity.

[quote=“river333, post:5, topic:2226”]I’m not sure why I’m not too keen on it. It feels like something is just “off”.

Maybe it doesn’t look as “metallic” as the other logos. It looks almost fake, but I don’t really dislike it either.

It sort of looks like this[/quote]

The metalic color can be added with more shining finish. I don’t see the problem with having resemblence of existing coins. There are so many existing coins it’s hard to avoid.

Peershares is not a currency but shares issuing and dividend distribution system. In the equity world it is potentially even more important than the underlying currency. I think Peerunity should be promoted as a software for two equlaly important things – the first crypoto-stock manager and a wallet for the first POS cryptocoin. Unless we rebrand the existing pure gold logo to Peerunity, which is no small decision to make because the gold logo is all over the Internet now, we should select a logo that emphasizes Peershares euqualy.

I think I’m with @mhps here. Peercoins and Peershares are probably marketed separately quite often so it would makes sense to have their own logos.

But on those occasions they come together (as in the wallet), maybe we have them as two coins (a gold and a silver one) under 45 degree angle. Either vertical or horizontal. Probably facing each other. And possibly add a uniting symbol, which can be just a artistic circle or oval or something more sophisticated. Have to admit that I struggle a bit with a coin logo for Peershares, but I think we are beyond that discussion (and I should shut up about it).

So just my ideas, it’s a pity that I don’t have the right tools or know how to use them to transfer my ideas into something tangible.

I don’t understand why we’re talking about the Peershares logo. That’s been done and ready for months now and Jordan already paid for the work to be done.

Also Cybnate, I’m having a hard time picturing what you’re talking about, but keep in mind that in the future Peerunity may have other Peer programs merged into it that have their own different colored logos, so it’s not just gold and silver we need to think about here. We need to future proof it.

If nobody comes up with anything good soon, then I’m voting for the standard gold with the Peerunity text. The features of the first version are already locked down and it will most likely be releasing soon, so I’ll have to ask Lightning to fish the rest of the logos soon, so we have graphics to add to the client. If somebody comes up with something better in the future then we can talk about changing it.

Because Peerunity is a unity of Peercoin and Peershars so it’s natural to have a logo that reminds people of both Peercoin and Peershares. With a dominantly gold color it looks just Peercoin to me. For someone who doesn’t read English, the gold logo IS for Peercoin.

Why not have the circle (coin) for peercoin and a square (share certificate) for peershares?

That leaves a triangle for peerunity (peercoin-peershares-peerunity)

The difference in shapes means they can all be gold, thereby retaining uniformity

Just an idea …

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:16, topic:2226”]Why not have the circle (coin) for peercoin and a square (share certificate) for peershares?

That leaves a triangle for peerunity (peercoin-peershares-peerunity)

The difference in shapes means they can all be gold, thereby retaining uniformity

Just an idea …[/quote]
I like that idea, symbols are powerful from a marketing perspective.
But I understand we are past this discussion. I also have to trust the future proofing argument as I’m not an insider. If Jordanlee is good with it, I guess it will fit into the wider picture we don’t know of yet.

As said, I’m also not capable to deliver actual logos as examples, so I will take a backseat here.

While I appreciate the idea, I’m not going to spend my time redoing logos that were finished, agreed upon and distributed already. If somebody else wants to do that and everybody wants to go with what they made, they’re more than welcome to. The solution I’m focused on is figuring out a Peerunity logo that doesn’t require changing anything from the past.

Jordan told me today that I have until the middle of next week to get him finished logos. This needs to be figured out soon, so I can hand it off to Lightning to finish up, which will take a couple days. If nothing can be figured out by Saturday night then as I said before, I’m just going to have him make us up the standard gold to use.

Now I know I said it had to be future proof, but I felt like trying the merged gold and silver approach one more time. Just so you know, I made these in Paint myself, so they’re rough versions. Lightning didn’t make them. Just substitute the Peercoin and Peershares names for Peerunity.

I actually like the first one (gold on silver) and I think it’s a lot better than the previous merge we tried in the first post. I don’t like silver on gold however. What do you guys think? Do you still have the same opinion about gold on silver or is this one much better?

[size=18pt]Gold on Silver:[/size]

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Sentinelrv/Other-Images/PeerunityGoldonSilver.png~original

[size=18pt]Silver on Gold:[/size]

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Sentinelrv/Other-Images/PeerunitySilveronGold.png~original

I probably have a different taste than most, but I like the combined logo from the OP better than the above.

I can get behind the “gold on silver” variant (first one, above). Long-term, I figure that the project may take on it’s own visual design direction, but until that time comes (if it does), I appreciate having something that is recognizable. Thanks, Sent!