PoS Miner Top1000

PoS miner analysis for Peercoin network was performed during the holidays, and now I list Top1000 at http://ppc.stakexplorer.com/stat/PoSMinerTop1000.html .

The Top 1000 list includes both the number of mined blocks and the amount of PoS minting rewards. As of 5th April, there are total 3161 addresses have been contributed to Peercoin PoS minting and mined ~ 76350 PoS blocks. Some other analysis and graphs/plots will be added.

[quote=“Jimmy, post:1, topic:2165”]PoS miner analysis for Peercoin network was performed during the holidays, and now I list Top1000 at http://ppc.stakexplorer.com/stat/PoSMinerTop1000.html .

The Top 1000 list includes both the number of mined blocks and the amount of PoS minting rewards. As of 5th April, there are total 3161 addresses have been contributed to Peercoin PoS minting and mined ~ 76350 PoS blocks. Some other analysis and graphs/plots will be added.[/quote]
Nice one. I didn’t make the top 1000 though. Guess I need to invest more :wink:

227,000 PPC the top address has… A little jealous :slight_smile:

Yes jealous, but it is also scarry that one adress (which does not mean that this user does not have other adresses) produces about 28% of all PoS blocks.

For a long time, that address had upwards of 1.6M PPC. The fact that it has solved that many blocks is worrisome, but not necessarily problematic (as I expect that’s a very early miner’s address, and was minting “ahead of the adoption curve”, so they picked up lots of blocks early on), unless those blocks are coming in very close proximity one one another, at this point in time.

I’d like to say that it was mine, but I’d be lying :frowning:

It seems that several addresses who have more than 227000 PPC are offline minting.

BTW, total number of PoS miners over time statistics added.

Very nice.

It would be interesting to see a “minting participation” graph, perhaps as follows:

x axis: time
y axis, line 1: percentage of all peercoins existing at time x that contributed to a minting block in the past 90 days at time x
y axis, line 2: total number of peercoins that contributed to a minting block in the past 90 days at time x

[quote=“Volcker, post:8, topic:2165”]It would be interesting to see a “minting participation” graph, perhaps as follows:

x axis: time
y axis, line 1: percentage of all peercoins existing at time x that contributed to a minting block in the past 90 days at time x
y axis, line 2: total number of peercoins that contributed to a minting block in the past 90 days at time x[/quote]

Thanks for your suggestion. I’m performing a similar analysis based on time frame 5, 7, 9 blocks. The 90 days time frame should have some other meaning and purpose. Let’s see what we can get and conclude. More and more analysis are conducting and coming, however, it’s not so fast because I just do it at night after day work.

Thumbs up! Keep it up, I am very interested in your analysis

Posted using Tapatalk for Android.

[quote=“Ben, post:5, topic:2165”]For a long time, that address had upwards of 1.6M PPC. The fact that it has solved that many blocks is worrisome, but not necessarily problematic (as I expect that’s a very early miner’s address, and was minting “ahead of the adoption curve”, so they picked up lots of blocks early on), unless those blocks are coming in very close proximity one one another, at this point in time.

I’d like to say that it was mine, but I’d be lying :([/quote]

It could well be Sunny’s address - I suspect he has quite a few PPC tied up for minting!

i spotted some big address sometime too, maybe it was this one, it could be some exchange address

edit: tbh, i think it is, the date of the first transaction is the same as the date from when btc-e started:
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=ppc-btc&market=btc-e
http://stakexplorer.com:2750/address/PXbvMzM1w3Y3Ft6BzR9BFkoapY5rghvT6J
so, no worries :slight_smile:

[quote=“nox-, post:11, topic:2165”][quote=“Ben, post:5, topic:2165”]For a long time, that address had upwards of 1.6M PPC. The fact that it has solved that many blocks is worrisome, but not necessarily problematic (as I expect that’s a very early miner’s address, and was minting “ahead of the adoption curve”, so they picked up lots of blocks early on), unless those blocks are coming in very close proximity one one another, at this point in time.

I’d like to say that it was mine, but I’d be lying :([/quote]

It could well be Sunny’s address - I suspect he has quite a few PPC tied up for minting![/quote]

Great work!

I assume the “total number of PoS minters” shows the number of addresses that “ever” minted a block.

It would be perhaps even more interesting to see the number of PoS miners that have minted in a particular week or month , and compare it to previous time periods. Is this doable?