PeerUnity or Peerunity?

I am noticing that some people are writing our product Peerunity while others are using PeerUnity. These inconsistencies are present in the proposed rebranding code changes and we need to make a final decision about how we will refer to it and be consistent going forward.

I think it should stay consistent with our other Peer logo branding. We don’t use PeerCoin and we don’t use PeerShares, so I think we should just stick with Peerunity. Plus, all 32 logo files are already made up for it using Peerunity.

I voted Peerunity because to me PeerUnity is not really one word, but a “1.5 word” hence not a unity :slight_smile:

Well I actually think Peerunity is just easier to type :wink:

Peerunity, for reasons stated above

Remember those days when some used InterNet for internet. ::slight_smile:

voted for PeerUnity, to emphasize it is a different product from the Peer family

Peerunity

sent by Tapatalk

The community has spoken, giving 64% of the votes to using Peerunity. FuzzyBear and Ben, can you change the important places where it is referred to incorrectly as PeerUnity please? Places I’m thinking of are the name of this board, the link to open GitHub issues, and thread titles.

A new rebranding pull request has been submitted by jmzeidner. I will review that. When that is merged, we will be ready for our first feature complete test build.

[quote=“Jordan Lee, post:8, topic:2298”]The community has spoken, giving 64% of the votes to using Peerunity. FuzzyBear and Ben, can you change the important places where it is referred to incorrectly as PeerUnity please? Places I’m thinking of are the name of this board, the link to open GitHub issues, and thread titles.

A new rebranding pull request has been submitted by jmzeidner. I will review that. When that is merged, we will be ready for our first feature complete test build.[/quote]

I’ll make those changes now. Bitpar’s pull request with the Mac build instructions need to be reviewed tonight (I’ll do that as soon as I can), and once that’s done, I’ll be able to test the “feature complete” build and make sure that it looks OK on OS X.

There’s no easy way to change all of the comment titles on threads that have “PeerUnity” in them (without editing each of the comments, individually). I’ve changed the root post’s title, when appropriate, so hopefully that will filter the change down in the future.

Good decision – like it much more too…

Great work :slight_smile:

[Peerunity] – Good decision!

[goes nicely with Peercoin, Peershares etc]

BTW (and slightly off-topic): always lots of confusion around with how to use Crypto coin names themselves: as in

• Bitcoin or Peercoin when speaking of the overall coin system, network etc

• bitcoins or peercoins when a normal-format text is written (e g the price is 22.99 peercoins)

• BTC 1.234567 or PPC 22.99 for price tags, exchange rates, quotations and the like. We say $55.99 or USD 55.99, but “55.99$” :)) is total garbage!

• Likewise for euros where the € symbol has even been designed in a way to be put in front of numbers, like €35.00 (symbol on to the left), you don’t lean it to your numbers from the right-hand side! An increasing number of people in most of the EMU countries (except Ireland) have all of a sudden started doing this flat-out wrong though (just like starting the failed Euro experiment in the first place)… :wink:

A silly example phrase here: “I would pay the Bitcoin community if they started using correct pricing formats when ty are quoting prices in bitcoins, likewise if prices in peercoins are given in Peercoin-related matters…”

Definitely Peerunity.

[quote=“marquix, post:12, topic:2298”] - Bitcoin or Peercoin when speaking of the overall coin system, network etc

• bitcoins or peercoins when a normal-format text is written (e g the price is 22.99 peercoins)
  • BTC 1.234567 or PPC 22.99 for price tags, exchange rates, quotations and the like. We say $55.99 or USD 55.99, but “55.99$” :)) is total garbage![/quote]

Good explanation for when to use capitalized currency name. I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment.

“50$” is absolutely wrong, but “50 USD” is a very common way I wouldn’t say can be considered incorrect. You probably have a point anyway.

[quote=“jooize, post:13, topic:2298”]Definitely Peerunity.

[quote=“marquix, post:12, topic:2298”] - Bitcoin or Peercoin when speaking of the overall coin system, network etc

• BTC 1.234567 or PPC 22.99 for price tags, exchange rates, quotations and the like. We say $55.99 or USD 55.99, but “55.99$” :)) is total garbage![/quote]

Good explanation for when to use capitalized currency name. I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment.

“50$” is absolutely wrong, but “50 USD” is a very common way I wouldn’t say can be considered incorrect. You probably have a point anyway.[/quote]

you’re right – “50 USD” is also a totally acceptable way, didn’t mean to compare that to the leaned-to currency sign thing…

BTW, found only one measly exchange or coin calculator out there agreeing with our view and putting the $ sign to the left of the value. Maybe some people are “seduced” or confused by where it sits in most Bitcoin-Qt and other wallet software.