Peerunity Install Question

Hello,

I downloaded the Peerunity zip and noticed that in the folder called 64 it has Peerunity-0.1.1.0-win-setup and peerunity. I was just wondering what the difference is between these files. I first tried installing Peerunity-0.1.1.0-win-setup but I got an error message so I decided to open the other file that just said peerunity and the wallet opened and didn’t even need to be installed.

Thanks

Hey sorry for the super late reply. The setup is an installer package which does a standard program install on windows. Creates icons and stuff, copies the binary to its own folder in the program files directory… You can also just use the peerunity file which is the direct program binary. The installer will unpack the binary into the program files directory somewhere, but it’s fine to just use the peerunity.exe.

Do you remember what the error was?

I use Ubuntu and am also having trouble installing the wallet-- I checked the installation instructions on your guys git, but it looks like it was just the instructions for the other client copied over and not updated since 2013 >.>

So, I have the archive, does it matter where I extract it, what dependencies does it need, and how do I run it? I’ve tried just running the bin/64/peerunityd, which would not open a window but when attempted to open in the terminal prompted me to create a config file, so I created one using the instructions from another post on there, but now when I try to open it from the terminal my fan starts up so obviously it is doing something, but no window is drawn and no error message is printed.

And just to make sure, you guys don’t use launchpad or jenkins or the like that would enable it to update itself?

peerunityd is the command line daemon.

You want the GUI? bin/64/peerunity (without d!!!) is your binary to go.

It’s the same for a lot of bitcoin clones. Bitcoin recently added bitcoin-cli for command line prompts.

[quote=“willy, post:4, topic:3335”]peerunityd is the command line daemon.

You want the GUI? bin/64/peerunity (without d!!!) is your binary to go.

It’s the same for a lot of bitcoin clones. Bitcoin recently added bitcoin-cli for command line prompts.[/quote]

aha! Those old directions I found told me to use the one ending in d, but now I got a block chain loading! Thanks so much! Now to use that time to learn all of the other things. :smiley: