Peerunity 0.2.0 has been released

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:20, topic:3819”][quote=“mhps, post:15, topic:3819”]In the minting panel the word “maturing” is used to refer to that the output is less than 30 day old. In the summary page it is used to refer to the output is less than 520 block old since transaction. This coould be a source of confusion.

I don’t like the original “STAKE” label. So I guess the best thing is adding tooltips to all teh labels to tell users what they mean.[/quote]

Speaking of the tooltip labels, there is one fix I know of that needs to be made, whether it’s now or later. When the blockchain was downloading and I highlighted the icon in the bottom right corner to see what percent I was at, I noticed the green tooltip window text that popped up was cut off at the bottom, so I couldn’t read the whole text. I believe the tooltip text was also cut off in a couple other places as well. If you can’t reproduce it I can provide a screenshot. If this gets fixed, then those tooltip descriptions for the green titles mhps mentioned could be added at the same time.[/quote]
I have seen the same problem. Not a big problem I believe. As soon as you hit another icon and return to the original one it solves itself. Just a small annoyance. Would be nice to have it fixed if not too hard.

I have seen the same problem. Not a big problem I believe. As soon as you hit another icon and return to the original one it solves itself. Just a small annoyance. Would be nice to have it fixed if not too hard.[/quote]

I never saw this problem with tooltips on my system (Linux 64). On what OS (and which version) did you see it?

It’s getting close to the 25th of April now. I think we should push this out now so people have time to update before the hard fork.

It’s been working alright for me :slight_smile:

I’m using Windows 10 Home. Here is a screenshot of the issue…

I think sandakersmann is right here. Unless this issue can be fixed in a day, we should just push it out now and worry about it in the next release.

Sunny mentioned this thread in his latest weekly update. If glv isn’t working on a fix for the above minor issue and nobody else can give me a reason why we should wait, I think I’ll announce the release sometime tomorrow before I go to work.

I’m using Windows 10 Home. Here is a screenshot of the issue…

I think sandakersmann is right here. Unless this issue can be fixed in a day, we should just push it out now and worry about it in the next release.[/quote]
Windows 7 - 64 bit exactly same problem. Thanks Sentinelrv to do the screenshot.
Agree with push now unless quick fix is possible. Not a showstopper. End user workaround as mentioned in previous post.

I don’t have the time to work on the tooltip issue right now, so you can announce the current version.

Peerunity v0.2.0 has officially been released! Please like, retweet and support the following announcements so we can make sure this news gets out there…

Regarding the wording, “Available” is okay - although I didn’t think there was anything wrong with “Balance”

I have a lot of difficulty with “Maturing” and “Pending” used in conjuction - these sound like the same thing to me, and a novice might be confused as to which is which

Pending means Unconfirmed? I think Unconfirmed is clearer - people in Crypto will know what Unconfirmed means, surely. Otherwise, “Pending Transaction” will make it clear

I guess pending/unconfirmed ought to be placed immediately under Available/Balance

“Maturing” is the old “stake” - remind me, is this the amount of coins able to mint? How about “Staked”? Or those unable to mint because they have minted recently?

Stake / Maturing means the amount of coins that have been held in an unspendable state to produce a recent mint.

So they have to sit there like that for 520 blocks before they become spendable again.

(Your also newly minted coins also have to wait 520 blocks too, if I remember correctly)

As per:

https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/wiki/FAQ

Because stake is withheld from spending for 520 blocks, if you need to keep your balance to spend soon we provide a configuration option 'reservebalance' to help you keep your balance from being used by stake.

Should we call them “temporarily unspendable” ?

As mhps suggested:

Which is basically a hoverable pop up over each label.

That’s perfect for people who know how to hover and use pop ups. I use them all the time.

But 80% of people who “use” computers, and don’t really “understand” computers, rarely hover. It’s just some thing that most of them forget that they have at their disposal.

This is why in some user interfaces, you’ll see a question mark, that you can’t click, but if you do get your mouse over it, it pops up a tool tip. At the very minimum, people are use to point-and-click. But if they point, and it pops up, they don’t need to click.

https://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/4crvh4/peerunity_v020_now_released_all_new_theme_support/d1pcgs9

Not working at all on my computer with Windows 7. I click on peerunity.exe and nothing happens. Then I click on Peerunity-0.2.0.0-win-setup.exe, also nothing.

good simple solution.

No, it should not be a “negative” statement. I think the two-word phrase “Stake maturing” does the trick.

I don’t see an OS X version for download at that link, and my current version (v0.1.1) is telling me in the status bar: “Upgrade to v0.5.3 or compatible required before April 25…” So will there be an OS X upgrade? Although I have been acquiring and holding Peercoin for about a year, I am still a relative newbie, so any help is much appreciated.

Alpha

TL;DR: https://rbfi.io/dl.php?key=/eVZ1/Peerunity.dmg

from the other thread:

[quote=“backpacker69”]i had to update net.cpp to fix for new libminiupnpc.15.dylib

[code]diff --git a/src/net.cpp b/src/net.cpp
index c0d2015…c4875c0 100644
— a/src/net.cpp
+++ b/src/net.cpp
@@ -53,7 +53,7 @@ static bool vfReachable[NET_MAX] = {};
static bool vfLimited[NET_MAX] = {};
static CNode* pnodeLocalHost = NULL;
uint64 nLocalHostNonce = 0;
-array<int, THREAD_MAX> vnThreadsRunning;
+boost::array<int, THREAD_MAX> vnThreadsRunning;
static std::vector vhListenSocket;
CAddrMan addrman;

@@ -1019,7 +1019,7 @@ void ThreadMapPort2(void* parg)
#else
/* miniupnpc 1.6 */
int error = 0;

• devlist = upnpDiscover(2000, multicastif, minissdpdpath, 0, 0, &error);
  • devlist = upnpDiscover(2000, multicastif, minissdpdpath, 0, 0, 0, &error);
    #endif

struct UPNPUrls urls;[/code]

here’s updated version without the dirt

shasum 2946d542ed193bbd3f9695f1c3345101f152a060[/quote]

[quote=“alpha, post:35, topic:3819”]I don’t see an OS X version for download at that link, and my current version (v0.1.1) is telling me in the status bar: “Upgrade to v0.5.3 or compatible required before April 25…” So will there be an OS X upgrade? Although I have been acquiring and holding Peercoin for about a year, I am still a relative newbie, so any help is much appreciated.

Alpha

Hi all, have a slight problem I upgraded and was working fine until now 0.2.0. Now I am receiving the message as follows: Warning invalid checkpoint found! transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade (have latest version). or contact developer of issue. Has anyone had this yet and is their a fix for it?

Download the new version 0.2.1 from: https://peercoin.net/download-peerunity

Delete everything except wallet.dat and ppcoin.conf from your datadir before starting the new client.

You can also add this to ppcoin.conf for better connectivity:

addnode=24.155.192.146
addnode=31.178.239.144
addnode=51.9.56.81
addnode=62.163.212.157
addnode=68.105.170.159
addnode=74.208.68.83
addnode=75.128.211.140
addnode=76.74.177.224
addnode=78.8.188.249
addnode=93.80.182.24
addnode=96.243.149.37