Peerunity 0.1.2 (Release Candidate, 2) now available

Repository:

Direct links to binaries:

[ul][li]peerunity-0.1.2-RC2-win.zip (md5 = 24857b512c306e7a37ca6c7462ee954b)[/li]
[li]peerunity-0.1.2-RC2-linux.zip (md5 = 87d99da1677f30857c8f98cb59357c54)[/li]
[li]peerunity-0.1.2-RC2-osx.zip (md5 = 65f6db338ea6d95829da850d4c326a91)[/li][/ul]

Should you run into a problem, please report the issue on the Peerunity Github project or here. The final v0.1.2 release will be readied once we’ve had a chance for the early adopters in the community to provide their feedback on the release.

Thank you to all of the contributors:

[ul][li]GLV2[/li]
[li]SigmundAlpha[/li]
[li]SigMike[/li]
[li]Sandakersmann[/li]
[li]Coingame[/li]
[li]thokon00[/li][/ul]

Great job!

what’s the difference between rc1?

“Second release candidate build for Peerunity v0.1.2. Resolves #141, fixes missing commits from history, and fixes an issue with the getrawtransaction RPC call.”

Thanks for the pointer.

There still needs to be a final release of this right?

There will be a final release. I’d like to get a month or so of minting completed to make sure no maturity-related issues arise that are hard to test for. It’s just a precaution.

One other question. Is anything being done to incorporate the updated theme changes into the client? I’m not sure what is causing the delay with this. Is the team waiting on Sigmund Alpha to finish his version or is something else holding it up? Any word on the status would be great.

Until there is a pull request with the updated code, there is nothing to incorporate. I cannot speculate on when it will be incorporated until I see the code changes required to implement it.

Ok, it seems that you’re waiting on Sigmund then. I wasn’t sure if you were working with him on it behind the scenes. I’ll PM him to see if he’s gotten any free time lately to work on it.

Just wanted to know. Peerunity 0.2 will have cold storage minting or it is planned for another version?

Probably not. It hasn’t been merged into Peercoin yet either. I’ve not had a chance to test it at all myself.

[not this version but the currently released]
not sure it others have noticed, if you mint some stake the mint tab does not update, the colors stays red.
if you stake some more, the records still dont update and keep their colors. Eventually, peerunity crashes when you click on the mint tab and you need to restart the app. :omg:

I cant reproduce it coz… well i dont have coins atm to mint

If you want to try on testnet, I can provide you with coins.

Or did you mean you don’t have coins with appropriate coin age?

ok installed the RC linux version in virtualbox

do you have a ip address i can add to .conf file?

testnet=1
gen=1
addnode=IP_address_of_another_client _running_in_testnet_mode

I created 3 addresses you could send a mega bunch of coins to:
mvpSRbmfe2NEvc4CgPv6pfABjAJyAZeLUp
msNJrNC2GTGMU3DdfT1qv7kJtLdPd7Wkme
mi8diBprJFomFmEuHBfgEXhUkmZSp2gXTu

Question: do I need to wait 30 days in testnet to mint? In that case it is really hard to reproduce the crash :omg:

[quote=“thehuntergames, post:13, topic:3147”][not this version but the currently released]
not sure it others have noticed, if you mint some stake the mint tab does not update, the colors stays red.

if you stake some more, the records still dont update and keep their colors. Eventually, peerunity crashes when you click on the mint tab and you need to restart the app. :omg:

I cant reproduce it coz… well i dont have coins atm to mint[/quote]

I just minted two blocks on testnet with version 0.1.2-RC4.
When the first block was minted, the minting tab was updated (old stake removed, new stake added).
When the second block was minted (around 40 minutes later), the minting tab was not updated.

The only difference I can see so far is that the coins of the second block were split, whereas the coins of the first block were not.
Maybe the bug only appears in case of split…
I’ll try to see if I can fix that…

On testnet, you can mint as soon as your transaction is 1 day old, and the minted coins are mature after 80 blocks.

Any word on a final release for 0.1.2?