Peershares - 1st public alpha test release for Windows and Linux

Is this topic dead?[/quote]

Maybe you can try issuing your own testnet Peershares? :slight_smile:

No, itā€™s not dead, weā€™ve just been slammed over the past couple of weeks.

When I get back to the house this afternoon Iā€™ll send out test shares to people who have posted.

Test shares sent out to everyone who has requested them (I think).

Just sent to:

[ul][li]vancsj[/li]
[li]seki[/li]
[li]peerkee[/li]
[li]hZti[/li]
[li]comfan[/li]
[li]nox[/li]
[li]Sean10002[/li][/ul]

If anyone else is still waiting on Peershares testnet shares, please post here and let me know what address youā€™d like them sent to. Thank you for your patience, and let me know if you have any questions after you receive them.

DuPVb4Uo889xotgyum5TDdiW8Pm53H4rQC

the peershare doesnā€™t work, catching up for a long time, I havenā€™ recieved the test shares

Yeah, confirmations look like they arenā€™t processing. Iā€™ll look into it.

My guess is that thereā€™s not enough stake on the network right now between the few people who are minting to get the next block processed. Thereā€™s only a very limited amount of shares on this test network (intentional, to see if situations like this occasionally occur).

come on,Ben, I want my test shares!

I know I am pretty late, but I also wanna test peersharesā€¦

E48cZFEZDFtVun9U5ah3BKXFQPzN5VgQAz

Thanks

We need to bring enough shares out of cold storage to jump start the network. Iā€™ve been occupied with other things, but Iā€™ll set aside time tomorrow morning to work on this.

Shares received, but why do you have to pay transaction feeā€™s on shares? I donā€™t see any benefit in this .

Itā€™s customizable for each offerer, but the reason that we included it is for the same reason that they exist on the Peercoin network ā€“ it prevents someone from sending out ā€œdustā€ (tiny transactions) to bloat the blockchain with bunches of data. The benefit is network protection.

There should be some kind of master account for the first distribution that doesnā€™t pay fees because it would be much harder to calculate the overall shares/fees, if some people buy more shares than other.

Iā€™m not quite sure I follow your concern. Weā€™re using the same transaction system that Peercoin uses, so thereā€™s a 0.01 share fee per 1kB of data sent (in the Tx). If youā€™re interested in the total outstanding shares on the network, use the debug console and the getinfo command.

What is the challenge that you see with the way it is currently structured? The offerer (the organization who starts the blockchain) is going to pay a transaction fee for sending out their shares to people who they want to extend equity to but thatā€™s just the cost of doing business.

With that being said, if thereā€™s a separate concern that Iā€™m not recognizing, Iā€™m happy to discuss it further.

I just donā€™t see a point in destroying these 0.01 shares at the first distribution, but i donā€™t think i totally get the purpose of peershares yet so i canā€™t really discuss about such specific things with you. I hope you can post some more general explanations in the future.

[quote=ā€œIndigoMan, post:144, topic:2248ā€]DuPVb4Uo889xotgyum5TDdiW8Pm53H4rQC

Are shares still being distributed? I still havenā€™t gotten any :frowning:

E8ojyd1zc8yUk6jTfxdEoRHqAAHYwLggz6 thanks

EGtP9VKVYJE2AoiCDbUYyA12BSzxwxtU4e

Iā€™ll see if anyone on the team has some to send out.

E7JoNQx2Y52MBiKQtN74qLR9h45YekhXi8

E5nm9Y1i59dJGPV6sCm3oc6jmej3VKWrvi

thanks