Peershares - 1st public alpha test release for Windows and Linux

@kenny - sent.

@SirCoinGame - Confirmed that our problem was due to our 10 shares not being enough to overcome the transaction fee. This is working as designed.

ECv3ec3PzpMaB7XWgB2tcbngy78AQMuzrs

Can I buy shares now? I feel super rich with many test PPCs ;D

just now received 0.059978 PPC and 0.02999 PPC dividends

DxYZWkkn4284ZXaMn9eyAB7s3jTZWPsNd6

@mphs and robert - sent

[quote=“mhps, post:22, topic:2248”]ECv3ec3PzpMaB7XWgB2tcbngy78AQMuzrs

Can I buy shares now? I feel super rich with many test PPCs ;D[/quote]

OK I received 30 shares. When I tried to export peercoin keys I get this error message

Error: You must set rpcpassword= in the Peercoin configuration file: D:\bin\pps\peershares.conf If the file does not exist, create it with owner-readable-only file permissions.

I use this command to start peershares

D:\bin\pps\peershares-qt -conf=D:\bin\pps\peershares.conf -datadir=D:\bin\pps

and the configuration file D:\bin\pps\peershares.conf is

testnet=1 rpcuser=us rpcpassword=xxx addnode=54.255.142.16 addnode=54.72.105.68 addnode=54.207.53.43 addnode=54.81.120.250

Apparently I have the rpcpassword.

Do I need to set permission if my system is windows 7 32bit ?

I saw this error once and I stopped and restarted both daemons and the error went away. If that doesn’t work, see if using the default path works.

With the error above, can I just use dumpprivkey to get the private key for the PPC address associated with the peershares address (already done), import it to peerunity, and receive dividends in peerunity?

btw it’s been 47 minutes since I received Peershares. There have been 4 confirmations. Is the block time 10min for peershares?

mphs: The error message is worded incorrectly. It’s actually looking for [font=courier]ppcoin.conf[/font], not [font=courier]peershares.conf[/font], in this case.

Make sure that your Peercoin client is running (and pointed at the testnet), and that you have a .conf file set up (and it has rpcuser and rpcpassword values) for it so that your Peershares client can communicate with it via RPC.

If that works for you, and it goes away, I’ll enter a ticket to fix the label issue in the error.

btw it's been 47 minutes since I received Peershares. There have been 4 confirmations. Is the block time 10min for peershares?

Unless this build has a change, the block time for Peershares on the testnet should be 5 minutes.

Uploading a new build to my OP dropbox link to address the initial blockchain sync stop/start issue. https://github.com/Peershares/Peershares/pull/110

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/280412883/Peershares.zip

pb

@pennybreak I have tried the standard directory and get the same results.

[quote=“Ben, post:29, topic:2248”]mphs: The error message is worded incorrectly. It’s actually looking for [font=courier]ppcoin.conf[/font], not [font=courier]peershares.conf[/font], in this case.

Make sure that your Peercoin client is running (and pointed at the testnet), and that you have a .conf file set up (and it has rpcuser and rpcpassword values) for it so that your Peershares client can communicate with it via RPC.[/quote]

I am using peerunity-rc as the PPC client. Should both peershares.conf for peershares and ppcoin.conf for peerunity have the same rpcuser and the same rpcpassword? I assume they use the same rpcport?

by the way if I start peersharesd I get erroe

Peershares: Cannot obtain a lock on data directory D:\bin\pps\testnet. Peershar es is probably already running.

10 shares received, no problems

[quote=“mhps, post:31, topic:2248”]@pennybreak I have tried the standard directory and get the same results.

[quote=“Ben, post:29, topic:2248”]mphs: The error message is worded incorrectly. It’s actually looking for [font=courier]ppcoin.conf[/font], not [font=courier]peershares.conf[/font], in this case.

Make sure that your Peercoin client is running (and pointed at the testnet), and that you have a .conf file set up (and it has rpcuser and rpcpassword values) for it so that your Peershares client can communicate with it via RPC.[/quote]

No need to have the same rpcuser and rpcpassword, just that they exist. I don’t think they need to have the same rpcport, either.

If you are already running the Peershares-Qt client, you’ll see that error message when you try to concurrently run peersharesd

I am using peerunity-rc as the PPC client. Should both peershares.conf for peershares and ppcoin.conf for peerunity have the same rpcuser and the same rpcpassword? I assume they use the same rpcport?

by the way if I start peersharesd I get erroe

Peershares: Cannot obtain a lock on data directory D:\bin\pps\testnet. Peershar es is probably already running.
[/quote]

If you do not use the default ppcoin.conf you must provide the path the the peercoin config where the rpc user and password are defined:

peershares-qt -peercoinconf=<path to peercoin config>

[quote=“sigmike, post:34, topic:2248”]If you do not use the default ppcoin.conf you must provide the path the the peercoin config where the rpc user and password are defined:

peershares-qt -peercoinconf=<path to peercoin config>

That solves it! Thanks I have been able to export the key to peerunity successfully.
However I can’t I can see the address in peerunity ( I can’t copy the dividend address in peersares “Receive shares” by right clicking on the address. Is this intended ?)

[quote=“mhps, post:31, topic:2248”]by the way if I start peersharesd I get erroe

[/quote]

The above issue was solved by making a daemon subdirectory and copying peersharesd.exe and the dll’s into it.

EAYutndTHVDVyk4qywgHT4fh66eiVpP8zj

@Sebsebzen - sent.

I am so excited!

Dt5qCXtGq5aQUKdgsWu5Ad7QqvRuuLChFe

Love you guys!

Very cool! Im very excited about this technology.

here’s my PeerShares address: E9TGHTtCH5MfNtfx6AYg7pE7Gsv1JZLzRQ

just got my test shares. Is there a place where we can make suggestions?

it would be great to have a qt-client with an IPO button that also manages MANY shares types. This is the sort of use case that some of the color coin wallets have captured. Most likely this client would be used by investors who speculate and hold a diversified portfolio of different share types.

also applications that use these shares as cash tender make for some very interesting ideas.

EXAMPLE: I make shares for my local deli. I raise .5 million in capital and build the deli. Now I accept those shares as payment for sandwiches. I manage to buy back all the shares and I am debt free. You can create complex economic circuits this way.

I am a C++ developer so it is possible for me to get involved at that level.

thanks for making this, it’s great.