PeerMessage

[quote=“SLKRD, post:60, topic:3247”]Just curious if this project is going to the light. I haven’t seen any updates.

Thanks.[/quote]

Try emailing Emeth. His email is listed on his profile. Let us know what you find out. I believe he’s waiting for the protocol to switch, but an update would be good.

Earth to [member=32312]emeth[/member],

Do you have any updates for us?

Thank you.

sunnyking added a note on Sep 18 2015
“The thinking is to clearly distinguish stake transaction from standard transaction. Since stake has value 0 with vout[0], standard tx would have value > 0 with vout[0], but can have zero value with other outputs.
I agree it might be a bit redundant though, since stake is defined as having empty vout[0], which means both 0 value and an empty script. Though I don’t really see the need to support a data transaction where all outputs have 0 value?
In the current implementation, it requires that the OP_RETURN output to NOT be vout[0].”

emeth- added a note on Sep 18 2015
"Here’s how my transactions look:

Change goes to vout[0], with op_return after that - which means it should be fine with the above, right?

Note that in the current implementation, nodes are not propagating the transaction and I haven’t been able to drill down to why yet.

I agree with mably on this though - we should try not to diverge from bitcoin core if at all possible."

OMG even Emeth is busy with pokemon :’(> https://github.com/emeth-/pokelocater

lol. sometimes you just have to catch them all :stuck_out_tongue:

Emeth, can we start a fund in your favor to accelerate this project?

Have you read this?

Also, Peerchemist said in chat about a week ago that this project is basically outdated now and should probably be abandoned because there are better and simpler ways of accomplishing what it set out to do. I’ll let him expand on that if he wants to.

A project which allows users to send messages is of significant utility for the market. This project should be prioritized after the completion of current projects.

We need to be doing a better job raising funds for our projects.