I’ve recently created a new Twitter account that collects and tweets all relevant news connected to our Peercoin world: @PeercoinNews.
How does it work?
Several ‘bot’ accounts are collecting information:
- @RedditPPC: All new content posted on Reddit r/Peercoin is collected on this Twitter account. I also manually add content from other subreddits when I find any.
- @PeercoinTalk: Any new PeercoinTalk posts (titles only) are collected with this account. For privacy/confidentiality purpose, I made sure to have this account private.. I manually collect comments when they are relevant.
- @ppcoinNews: This account automatically fetches ppcoin development news directly from GitHub.
The final account that collects all relevant content is @PeercoinNews. I manually perform the filtering and tweet or retweet information.
How can you contribute?
- Do not hesitate to tweet me links or comments on Twitter to any of the above accounts. i.e.: If there’s a topic on Reddit that needs to be tweeted for more visibility and that doesn’t appear on @RedditPPC please send a Tweet to @RedditPPC. Such as: “Hey @RedditPPC, could you RT https://www.reddit.com/r/NuBits/comments/2rw3cx/proof_of_work_vs_proof_of_stake/ please? This is important stuff!”
- You can also directly contribute on Reddit via r/Peercoin, the new threads are automatically collected by @RedditPPC.
- On Twitter you can also publicly post something about Peercoin using the hashtag #Peercoin. I manually retweet relevant tweets that are using the hashtag #Peercoin. This action is directly performed from the @PeercoinNews account.
Why are you doing this?
I do this on my free time and not for profit. I have noticed that our Peercoin community has a lack of communication with the outside world about what is happening internally. The purpose of this @PeercoinNews Twitter account is to bring more visibility for our community (i.e. Peercoin’s score on CoinGecko). And finally, have a community that can react fast to defend the Peercoin or Proof-of-Stake cause when this topic is debated and hammered on various platforms such as Reddit.
What should I do now?
Please comment. Tell me what you think about it. If you agree with the idea do not hesitate to spread the information, follow @PeercoinNews on Twitter and most of all Retweet!