@PeercoinNews needs your help! - New Twitter account about #Peercoin

Hello Peercoiners,

I’ve recently created a new Twitter account that collects and tweets all relevant news connected to our Peercoin world: @PeercoinNews.

How does it work?

Several ‘bot’ accounts are collecting information:

• @RedditPPC: All new content posted on Reddit r/Peercoin is collected on this Twitter account. I also manually add content from other subreddits when I find any.
  • @PeercoinTalk: Any new PeercoinTalk posts (titles only) are collected with this account. For privacy/confidentiality purpose, I made sure to have this account private.. I manually collect comments when they are relevant.
  • @ppcoinNews: This account automatically fetches ppcoin development news directly from GitHub.

The final account that collects all relevant content is @PeercoinNews. I manually perform the filtering and tweet or retweet information.

How can you contribute?

• Do not hesitate to tweet me links or comments on Twitter to any of the above accounts. i.e.: If there’s a topic on Reddit that needs to be tweeted for more visibility and that doesn’t appear on @RedditPPC please send a Tweet to @RedditPPC. Such as: “Hey @RedditPPC, could you RT https://www.reddit.com/r/NuBits/comments/2rw3cx/proof_of_work_vs_proof_of_stake/ please? This is important stuff!”
  • You can also directly contribute on Reddit via r/Peercoin, the new threads are automatically collected by @RedditPPC.
  • On Twitter you can also publicly post something about Peercoin using the hashtag #Peercoin. I manually retweet relevant tweets that are using the hashtag #Peercoin. This action is directly performed from the @PeercoinNews account.

Why are you doing this?

I do this on my free time and not for profit. I have noticed that our Peercoin community has a lack of communication with the outside world about what is happening internally. The purpose of this @PeercoinNews Twitter account is to bring more visibility for our community (i.e. Peercoin’s score on CoinGecko). And finally, have a community that can react fast to defend the Peercoin or Proof-of-Stake cause when this topic is debated and hammered on various platforms such as Reddit.

What should I do now?

Please comment. Tell me what you think about it. If you agree with the idea do not hesitate to spread the information, follow @PeercoinNews on Twitter and most of all Retweet!

Thank you.

Great work Thireus!

Great job!

Excellent! Following it. Like the avatar and background image.

Thanks for the feedbacks :slight_smile:

This is awesome! 8)

People all already making use of the twitter feed (they want SSL):
https://twitter.com/beala_ebooks/status/556448487748157440

Excellent work, Thireus. It is good to see you supporting the Marketing of Peercoin.

Thank you.

I’ve just made the @PeercoinTalk account publicly available. I’m only collecting new topic’s titles. I can’t really find a clever way to collect comments too. I’ll thus add relevant comments manually to this account when I can.

These accounts are great, nice to have a larger presence on twitter.

I think it would be good to have a similar thing for Peer4commit too, tweeting about donations and distributions. I’m not sure how to see these things apart from manually checking each project page individually though. Anyway, I registered @Peer4commit and will look into it sometime, or if anyone knows a good way to do it then I can transfer the account to them.

[quote=“river333, post:10, topic:3258”]These accounts are great, nice to have a larger presence on twitter.

I think it would be good to have a similar thing for Peer4commit too, tweeting about donations and distributions. I’m not sure how to see these things apart from manually checking each project page individually though. Anyway, I registered @Peer4commit and will look into it sometime, or if anyone knows a good way to do it then I can transfer the account to them.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback river333. Do you know if there is a RSS feed for Peer4commit to track donations, newly added projects, etc.?

Thank you for doing this, I’m just getting into twitter and using it more, now following all 3 accounts ty

Fuzzybear

Nice, the Chinese community just released a weibo, repost the weibo with your best guess of closing price of the NSR to be auctioned+ NBT address. Closest guess/winner may get 5 NBT.
weibo link: http://weibo.com/3968227916/C7alqB3f4