Peercoin v0.5.3 Release

Agreed. No mac version. :([/quote]

I am also looking into a Mac version.

I upgraded to 0.5.3 today, my 0.5.2 wallet seems to be stuck at block 206373 and won’t update, this issue existed before I upgraded to 0.5.3 and still remains. Any advice would be appreciated to fix this.

Thanks in advance

[quote=“baudrate, post:22, topic:3813”]I upgraded to 0.5.3 today, my 0.5.2 wallet seems to be stuck at block 206373 and won’t update, this issue existed before I upgraded to 0.5.3 and still remains. Any advice would be appreciated to fix this.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Try pos minting. I ever solved this issue by minting.

[quote=“baudrate, post:22, topic:3813”]I upgraded to 0.5.3 today, my 0.5.2 wallet seems to be stuck at block 206373 and won’t update, this issue existed before I upgraded to 0.5.3 and still remains. Any advice would be appreciated to fix this.

Which version did you upgrade from before 0.5.2? How many connections? If possible, try command console with getblockhash on 206373, also dig in the debug log to see if there is errors rejecting blocks.

See my post in the dev thread. Sorry about the delay as I was busy with the releases earlier, also feel free to email me (sunnyking9999@gmail.com)

Hello there, i am new here nd i face an issue like this one above.

I actually get a message Blockchain redownload is necessary

Can you help me? Any advices?

Thanks in advance.

You must download the latest version called Peercoin 0.5.4:

[quote=“sandakersmann, post:27, topic:3813”]You must download the latest version called Peercoin 0.5.4:

https://peercoin.net/download[/quote]

Doing the same procedure with 0.5.3?

Backup wallet, uninstall previous version etc…?

yes, your wallet.dat is the most important you need to keep safe, maybe you want to redownload the blockchain, than you have to delete %APPDATA%/PPCoin (that is also where your wallet.dat is , and where the ppcoin.conf is going)

I tried with download the new 5.4 version but still the same…
I will try to redownload the chain. I will have to delete only this %APPDATA%/PPCoin?

I tried with download the new 5.4 version but still the same…
I will try to redownload the chain. I will have to delete only this %APPDATA%/PPCoin?[/quote]

If I understand correctly, you need to back up your wallet first
Then download and install 0.5.4

If your coins are not showing up, delete the PPCoin file - according to irritant, this is where the blockchain is downloaded - with it deleted, the blockchain should download afresh

If that still does not work, uninstall or delete your PPC folder and reinstall from stratch - BUT DO NOT delete your wallet.dat file - slide it to a separate foler or location first (even though you have made a back-up, it is good practice never to delete wallet.dat)

NB I don’t have the original PPCoin client (I use Peerunity) so it would be good if someone can confirm the above sequence, that would help condoras

How to reset peerunity/peercoin core client:

• Backup wallet.dat
  • Delete entire ppcoin folder including wallet.dat (Make sure you have a copy backed up)
  • Download Peerunity 0.2.2 or Peercoin core 0.5.4
  • Upon first launch a new ppcoin folder should be created
  • Close client
  • Delete newly created wallet.dat file and replace with the backup up wallet.dat file from earlier
  • Open client and allow blockchain to download
  • Everything should work