Peercoin v0.4.0 Upgrade - Service Providers

I’ve contacted CoinedUp, Holy Transaction and Moolah. Will let you know when I get replies.

Novelty Lab/Holy Transaction have confirmed they upgraded a couple of days after v0.4 was launched.

I have received the following from Cryptsy:

“We have already begun planning for the upgrade of the wallet. Thanks for contacting us.”

So, that is another green

We have updated our wallets on LiteBit.eu and LitePaid.eu

Did Peercoin community noticed that webshops can now accept Peercoin?

Check it out: www.litepaid.eu

[quote=“KennyR, post:24, topic:2274”]We have updated our wallets on LiteBit.eu and LitePaid.eu

Did Peercoin community noticed that webshops can now accept Peercoin?

Check it out: www.litepaid.eu[/quote]
Thanks Kenny. Good to hear. I’ve updated your site in the post above.

BTW I think they are our first payment provider for the European market, or did I miss something?

Cryptonit just send me a thank you message and said that they will take care of the upgrade in a timely matter.
So I turned them to green.

Also heard from bkchain that he’s all v0.4, so also turned that one green.

BTW Thanks River333, RobertLloyd, Jimmy, Sentinelrv, Yurizhai for helping out. Many hands make light work.

…but there are a few more sites to contact, so we can use a few more volunteers. Please post your name and which exchange you picked and I will update the list.

I will take vircurex as my next target

Bter and BTC38 have sent me a thank you message and said that they upgraded to V0.4 a week ago.

No reply from 796.com until now.

I was just contacted by co-founder of 796.com. He is looking for help on deposit notification, which is related the command “walletnotify”. Could someone help?
Also he noticed the the peerunity client merge the “walletnotify”
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2648.15

[quote=“redlee, post:28, topic:2274”]I was just contacted by co-founder of 796.com. He is looking for help on deposit notification, which is related the command “walletnotify”. Could someone help?
Also he noticed the the peerunity client merge the “walletnotify”
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2648.15[/quote]
Did you/he already get some help?

BTW I haven’t heard anything from Vircurex, but maybe not that strange given they have some challenges lately
Will try another email and if no reply we just have to wait and see what happens on 5 May.
Edit: same for coinomat.com. Just sent them a follow-up.

In the mean time, I will pick a new target: crypto-trade.com

We could still use some more help BTW. Guess we still have Eastern school Holidays? Very quiet.

I posted something in the vircurex bitcointalk thread and also sent an email. Didn’t get anything back.

I posted in the BTC-e thread on BitcoinTalk and PM’ed the account. I want to at least verify that they’ve done this already. They’re our most important exchange.

Got reply from 796.com that they are good now.

Thanks for helping out. Haven’t heard back from Yurizhai yet? Guess they are not that responsive?

@redlee, thanks, greened them out

As of last night, I have still not had a response from Vault of Satoshi - will try again this evening

Thanks for helping out. Haven’t heard back from Yurizhai yet? Guess they are not that responsive?

@redlee, thanks, greened them out[/quote]

No response yet.

I’ve received a response from BTC-E.

I explained to them via a support ticket about the change. They wrote back asking if I was the Peercoin Developer. When I said no, but I referenced the forums with links, they wrote back and said “ok”

With this in mind, they are probably going to do the upgrade. They are at least aware of every thing.

I’ve also written them back again, and asked them to tweet that they are on 0.4 and mention it on on their website news after the change is complete. This way it helps to notify their users about the upgrade as well.

edit: I received another “ok” (in regards to posting it on twitter). They don’t talk very much, so it leaves a lot to be desired when your response from the btc-e team is simply “ok”. They also closed my ticket now. So it must be resolved in their minds (the 0.4 upgrade issue).

So now we wait for the upgrade and watch their twitter. We’ll see if the double “ok” I received from btc-e carries any weight to it.

(on another note)

Yurizhai, PMing you.

bittrex.com exchange (even though not listed on our exchange list)

…has confirmed they have upgraded to 0.4 as of May 2, 2014

This late in the game, proves we really need to get the word out there…

[quote=“ppcman, post:37, topic:2274”]bittrex.com exchange (even though not listed on our exchange list)

…has confirmed they have upgraded to 0.4 as of May 2, 2014

This late in the game, proves we really need to get the word out there…[/quote]
Thanks, I’ve just added them to the list. Good catch.

Re Btc-e at least they are aware of the mandatory upgrade and they have somehow acknowledged that, therefore I made them green. Having also a hard time to get answers from Coinomat, Vircurex and crypto-trade.com. By now we can only hope that they at least read their messages. Same for VoS, which is very dissappointing. Would expect a responsive customer services department from them.

I also noticed that the PPC volumes on the exchanges are very low. I guess a few people secured their coins and are not trading awaiting the event to unfold properly. BTW Worst case scenario is that they need to install v0.4 and re-download the blockchain which is relatively small. So they should be up and running within a few hours.

Edit: just sent Comkort.com an email, see whether they have responsive customer services.

Vault of Satoshi updated last week - you may change to green

Great, thanks for chasing that up.