Peercoin v0.4.0 Released - Please Upgrade Before May 4th 14:00 UTC

@MUTO +1
RPi + usb dongle with microcontroller which signs only stake = perfect minter

FYI I posted this to bitcointalk for some extra views. If anyone wants to comment there, feel free :wink:

Is anyone else seeing this?

It appears that patch 1e5a015 on github broke the sendmany functionality in the RPC console / cmd ->ppcoind

From windows cmd try

ppcoind sendmany “[insert testnet account label]” {"""[insert testnet address]""":1.00,"""[insert testnet address]""":5.75,"""[insert testnet address]""":0.25}

0.3.0 works fine

0.4 “error type mismatch”

Get testnet coins at http://testnet.peercoinfaucet.com/

I prefer PPC to BTC in the long term.

[quote=“Ben, post:13, topic:1778”]With a sechedule now set, I’ll get the pieces in place that I need to attempt to compile the OS X builds. It will require setting up a Snow Leopard-running machine, unless I can figure out how to get Boost to work while compiling 64-bit. I’ve had a lot more experience building from source over the past few weeks while working on the Peershares project, so I’m hopeful that I’ll have a better chance of getting it to work than I did in the past.

@SunnyKing, can you confirm if there is going to be updates to the database (from Berkeley DB 4.8 to something else) or QT (to 5.x) in 0.4?[/quote]

BDB and QT versions used in v0.4 official builds are the same as v0.3.

This feature is still under evaluation for future releases.

[quote=“Sunny King, post:25, topic:1778”][quote=“Ben, post:13, topic:1778”]With a sechedule now set, I’ll get the pieces in place that I need to attempt to compile the OS X builds. It will require setting up a Snow Leopard-running machine, unless I can figure out how to get Boost to work while compiling 64-bit. I’ve had a lot more experience building from source over the past few weeks while working on the Peershares project, so I’m hopeful that I’ll have a better chance of getting it to work than I did in the past.

@SunnyKing, can you confirm if there is going to be updates to the database (from Berkeley DB 4.8 to something else) or QT (to 5.x) in 0.4?[/quote]

BDB and QT versions used in v0.4 official builds are the same as v0.3.

This feature is still under evaluation for future releases.[/quote]
Hi Sunny, thanks for your hard work. But I believe the cold locked minting is quite important to all ppc holders. Can you please add this feature as soon as possible, ideally in 0.5?

Hi Sunny, do I loss my coin days if I upgrade my client to 0.4?

Going to go ahead and wager no you do not.

If anyone has a few extra coins on testnet that they would be willing to send me, I’d really appreciate it. I promise I won’t spend them all on blackjack and hookers. Thanks :slight_smile:

mpWnngsMdGVCi6NHLYKte1M83Lx9785mSS

[quote=“melarina, post:29, topic:1778”]If anyone has a few extra coins on testnet that they would be willing to send me, I’d really appreciate it. I promise I won’t spend them all on blackjack and hookers. Thanks :slight_smile:

mpWnngsMdGVCi6NHLYKte1M83Lx9785mSS[/quote]

I should be setting a node up tonight to test / early in the morning… and will prob try mine a few coins depending on difficulty… but my coins are only to be used for blackjack and hookers please :stuck_out_tongue: if i get some i’ll throw some your way

Fuzzybear

http://testnet.peercoinfaucet.com/

Sorry if I missed it: Has anyone built a block explorer for testnet?

And it’s now running on v0.4.0-rc1.

Is it possible to release the Windows package in a zip archive so that I can just unpack and run it (w/o touching %appdata% and win registry, and with a special dataDir)?

I am a little worried about installing financial test software on my computer.

[quote=“mhps, post:34, topic:1778”]Is it possible to release the Windows package in a zip archive so that I can just unpack and run it (w/o touching %appdata% and win registry, and with a special dataDir)?

I am a little worried about installing financial test software on my computer.[/quote]
In general I would recommend to not use test software on a PC which you are dependant on. Best to use a virtual machine or an old PC.

Just a friendly reminder that there are still a lot of PPCoin references in the Client, as well as use of old Logo.

And it’s now running on v0.4.0-rc1.[/quote]
Great, just requested my 10 test Peercoins.
Did anyone already noticed the new show QR-code option under receive coins?

I thought Fuzzy fixed all that a couple months ago. Or was he waiting until Sunny released v0.4 to make the changes?

I thought Fuzzy fixed all that a couple months ago. Or was he waiting until Sunny released v0.4 to make the changes?[/quote]
He did but in his own repo. Sunnyking didn’t pull any of this unfortunately, but maybe FB can push his changes to the official repo (peercoin/peercoin) and hope that SK accepts them. But I’m afraid FB will have to pull SK’s changes and update his repo and publish his own version. Not great, but I guess we will start to see this more.

I was wondering, is Bitcoin 0.8 merge still planned for this release?
Will that come maybe during apr. 5th release?

Current rc1 seem to just focus on protocol switch.
However, release candidates are supposed to be pretty close to final releases so I am not sure if all the 0.8 merge changes would still come before final 0.4 release?

It would be great to have up-to-date RPC calls.

If it’s not in the work, maybe that’s something that need to be started right away by the community?
(but as far as I remember, last time it was asked, it was said it might be part of 0.4 release so better not change anything yet before it comes).