Peercoin v0.4.0 Released - Please Upgrade Before May 4th 14:00 UTC

Any word?

Hi Sunny, where is ppc0.4??

I’m sure everyone is very eager for 0.4, but I don’t think asking where it is over and over again is going to help.

v0.4 Release build is complete and is under final validation. Expect announcement later today.

Sunny was the p2pool settings something you’ve ever looked at yourself when adding support for it, or should someone just work up some up and see if they can get a new network bootstrapped for it?

In v0.4 there is a protocol change required for p2pool support. p2pool is still not yet supported until v0.4 protocol switch completes in May. After that it’s up to the market to decide whether and when to get p2pool running. Due to proof-of-stake security design of peercoin, concentration of mining pools poses no threat to network integrity.

v0.4 released.

Source code:

Official builds for linux and windows
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ppcoin/files/0.4.0/

Gitian signatures of release builds

Cheers :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sunny King, post:93, topic:1778”]v0.4 released.

Source code:

Official builds for linux and windows
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ppcoin/files/0.4.0/

Gitian signatures of release builds

Cheers :)[/quote]

Thanks for that, Sunny.

(separate note)
Some of the folks where talking about a walk-thru for putting in the new wallet. I can’t seem to find the original thread, but this should be closely related enough.
Did anyone ever have a chance to create a ‘this is up you setup your new wallet over your old wallet’ walk-thru? Or is this something that we should considering doing now before the cutoff is fully realized?

[quote=“Drummel, post:94, topic:1778”]Thanks for that, Sunny.

(separate note)
Some of the folks where talking about a walk-thru for putting in the new wallet. I can’t seem to find the original thread, but this should be closely related enough.
Did anyone ever have a chance to create a ‘this is up you setup your new wallet over your old wallet’ walk-thru? Or is this something that we should considering doing now before the cutoff is fully realized?[/quote]

Do you mean this? It is in the first post in this thread.

Upgrade instructions from v0.3.0: - Backup wallet from qt menu or 'backupwallet' command. Please note directly copying wallet.dat file is not a 100% safe backup. - Write down your wallet balance/newmint/stake. - Shutdown and uninstall v0.3.0 client - Download and install v0.4.0 client - Start up v0.4.0 client, verify your wallet balance/newmint/stake - Verify in the About dialog or getinfo output that your client version is v0.4.0pp

I have problem to download or run. I tried many times but failed since windows security. Anyone has the same problem? Is it better to zip the .exe file of windows version?

Install worked for me. But did not upgrade my productive node so far.

I am a little bit dissapointed that there is PPcoin instead of Peercoin everywhere :confused: Also there are still settings for the transaction fee in the options menu which leeds to missinterpretation of the Peercoin concept.

[quote=“MUTO, post:97, topic:1778”]Install worked for me. But did not upgrade my productive node so far.

I am a little bit dissapointed that there is PPcoin instead of Peercoin everywhere :confused: Also there are still settings for the transaction fee in the options menu which leeds to missinterpretation of the Peercoin concept.[/quote]
You can still set a higher fee if you wish 8)

Sure, but the description should clearly state that there is a fix fee. The fee concept is different from bitcoin and this should be clearly descriped.

We don´t want Peercoin to be a copycoin (and it is not) but for Joe User the wallet looks like a poor copy.

However, I am happy the new logo made it in the official release.

When will there be a mac osx version of the wallet released?

I downloaded v4 from the “Download!” link at peercoin.net
Seems to have gone smoothly, same account balance, and the client confirms (in the “about PPCoin” menu option) it is version 4
However, everything looks the same as in version 3 - is that as it should be?

Thanks, everyone

PS. Don’t forget to change the download link at the top of the forum

I’ve got QT churning away on a local build right now. If all goes well, and the steps to get from what I have to a .dmg installer don’t need to be tweaked too much, I’ll have an “community” build ready in the next day or two.

On the other hand, if Jeff Larkin beats me to it, i would not be upset :slight_smile:

Ahh okay thank you for the clarification. I was thinking it was version v0.4 of the server software is all we needed to wait on. I’ll keep an eye out for the protocol change in May since I’d like to add a peercoin p2pool node to the other nodes I run. :slight_smile:

I’ve got QT churning away on a local build right now. If all goes well, and the steps to get from what I have to a .dmg installer don’t need to be tweaked too much, I’ll have an “community” build ready in the next day or two.

On the other hand, if Jeff Larkin beats me to it, i would not be upset :)[/quote]
So looking forward to the first community version (and the second if it is better than the first)
The v0.4 update is a bit underwhelming to me, especially on the UI front. I know we can do better.

[quote=“MUTO, post:99, topic:1778”]Sure, but the description should clearly state that there is a fix fee. The fee concept is different from bitcoin and this should be clearly described.

We don´t want Peercoin to be a copycoin (and it is not) but for Joe User the wallet looks like a poor copy.[/quote]
Agreed. Less clutter, less confusion.

On the other hand, if Jeff Larkin beats me to it, i would not be upset :)[/quote]
So looking forward to the first community version (and the second if it is better than the first)
The v0.4 update is a bit underwhelming to me, especially on the UI front. I know we can do better.[/quote]

What kind of things can we expect in the community version? I know I saw you had that sexy mint button…