Peercoin v0.4.0 Release for OS X

I hope I can get some help with this, I am on OSX 10.6 (64 bit), I followed all the instructions ( including backing up the wallet and addr) for the update and peercoin qt (V0.4) won’t run, i get the following error, it says check with developers and make sure i am using an updated version of the OS and app, it gives me the option to ignore or report, when i goto report, i’ve copied (what appears to be) the pertinent info…

Dyld Error Message: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/PPcoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libdb_cxx-4.8.dylib Reason: image not found

Please help!

[quote=“SporB, post:41, topic:2319”]I hope I can get some help with this, I am on OSX 10.6 (64 bit), I followed all the instructions ( including backing up the wallet and addr) for the update and peercoin qt (V0.4) won’t run, i get the following error, it says check with developers and make sure i am using an updated version of the OS and app, it gives me the option to ignore or report, when i goto report, i’ve copied (what appears to be) the pertinent info…

Dyld Error Message: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/PPcoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libdb_cxx-4.8.dylib Reason: image not found

Please help![/quote]

found out they have the same problem on the earthcoin forum:

Sorry for the delay.

The current mac wallet seems to only work with osx 10.7+

We are working on a version that will run on older versions of mac osx.

Who is “we” in that statement?

I’m running 10.6.8, so i’m seriously SOL?

[quote=“SporB, post:44, topic:2319”]

I’m running 10.6.8, so i’m seriously SOL?[/quote]

for now, until you have upgraded osx, or they have updated the osx wallet? this is what I think (based on a google search, I know nothing)

@Ben I was a little quick with my copy paste, sorry about that

[quote=“SporB, post:44, topic:2319”]

I’m running 10.6.8, so i’m seriously SOL?[/quote]

I think that you can compile the wallet yourself on your Mac from github source, though I don’t know how to do this myself without googling step-by-step instructions. I remember seeing another dev for another coin offer this suggestion.