Peercoin on Raspberry Pi

what does restarting the old wallet mean exactly? did you replaced the new wallet.dat with your old back-up of the wallet.dat? you should be able to start up peercoin with -rescan, maybe that helps

with peerbox you cannot do a rescan directly, you have to stop it first and you can start ppcoind -rescan while peerbox is stopped, when peercoin is done with that you can stop it and run peerbox again

Firstly a major error on my part, not having a proper backup of wallet.dat on an external source. Downloaded a new wallet and replaced the .ppcoin folder from the corrupt SD card. Sadly that wallet.dat file didn’t revive the 20 ppc.

there is stuff like gparted available

I think I used version http://gparted.org/liveusb.php

Attempting Data Rescue (control-f) on http://gparted.org/display-doc.php%3Fname%3Dhelp-manual

maybe it just runs fsck, i remember it also put the files in /lost+found

Appreciate your reply Irritant. Am working on this again to see if I can come up with anything.

Have to give it up. It seems to come down to not having the proper wallet.dat file. I did copy two wallet.dat files off the corrupt sd card, but neither brings back the 20ppc. I feel da shame for not having proper back-up.
Thanks Irritant, for your time & attention.

did you do -rescan every time you tried a new wallet? could be that the coins dont show up if you don’t do a rescan.

I guess you tried that, so, too bad you could not recover them, important lessons learned: make backups

Crazily enough I’ve just found a two more wallet.dat files. Will download a new wallet and try them. Now I don’t see how to force the wallet to rescan, though usually it’ll automatically rescans when a new wallet.dat file is inserted. Am I missing something?

when you stop peerbox, you can run ppcoind with -rescan

Ack, same as it ever was. The new-found wallet.dats still leave a zero balance. I followed your helpful instructions.
Time for me to turn the page on this, woe is me. Everyone, always make back-ups.
Irritant, many thanks.

1 Like

Buenos dias,
ID
6RY4ZTrrju3P

mi nodo desde Colombia un abrazo

wallet
PM4ACdDYVWmZPEKSekg582eQcsYqZZmqTg

2 Likes

Hi there no my PPC Node is also running. Here is my Picture for the 20 PPC :wink:
Here is my Adress on my Raspberry : PPUFMa4baw5aU5mEFYYG6EDyVAHGd5JLbb

3 Likes

Rewards sent to Juan_David_Pena_Melo and C4onAIR. Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

@river, how much funds are left? At what point do we lower the reward again? Currently at $1.23 per coin means a $24 reward.

revise la billetera y no me ha llegado los 20 PPC

PM4ACdDYVWmZPEKSekg582eQcsYqZZmqTg

It looks like you added a different address on your peer4commit account so the reward was sent there. Have you checked that address?

There is 425 PPC currently so no shortage. I was wondering about that too but also not keen on frequently changing the amount. That could possibly be irritating for people who just got their reward before/after the change.

Hello,

Thank you very much for this great initiative to make the Peercoin network stronger.

I run a peercoin node on my RPI, it is synced and has 10 active connections.

I would be very happy to get the 20 PPC reward to share it with my friends.

My Peer4Commit ID is : cv51GpZbzGjY

with the peercoin associated address : PFDNdp6FqR6oGepPPSTgUiQrLeJGxY3Mmb

Thank you so much,

Best Regards,
Mirandole

1 Like

Revise la billetera registrada en peer4commit y no esta las monedas, me puedes decir exactamente a que billetera se envio?.

Hi Juan,

Is your wallet synced to the network, you can verify this on passing your mouse over the double circular arrows at the right bottom of your wallet window.

Regards,
Mirandole

1 Like

Here is the confirmation: https://peer4commit.com/projects/103/distributions/538

You should receive them when your wallet is fully synced.

1 Like