Peercoin on Raspberry Pi

[quote=“ElWavo, post:499, topic:2353”]Great use for my pi !
ID: 9DsiewHUMVee[/quote]

Just sent your 20 PPC reward. Enjoy :wink:

1 Like

I finally took the time to set it up on my Pi.

New node running 24/7!

PPC address in signature.

Thanks for the hard work [member=30983]peerchemist[/member] !

1 Like

Hey that is not a full node. You need more than 8 connections. Can you take a fresh screenshot with more than 8 connections?

Ok I managed to forward the port on my ISP’s built in router.
Here is the new screenshot and a pic of my RPI sitting behind my tv.

My user identifier on peer4commit: rQVBkXgzk2ZV

1 Like

Thanks hrobeers. Reward sent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Peercoin address:
PSs8QhFTu8onmcWHhvL6y7C4UcMSzrnSBM

Thanks peerchemist and Peercoin Community!

Thanks caribou, reward sent for node number 85. Good to see long-time members of the community getting involved in setting up nodes.

1 Like

Posted on the Raspberry Pi subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/4pn7co/for_those_interested_in_cryptocurrency_you_can/

1 Like

I have set up a node. The block chain is about 1/2 downloaded. I will post photos when the download is complete.

My question is with the number of connections. I have set up port forwarding on my router (port 9901), and have seen as many as 10 connections, but usually only 8 are shown. Any suggestions?

Les

If you saw more than 8, you’re aright.
You’ll see it pick up once you have the full chain.

Here from the raspi sub. Will set up a node when I get home. Longtime bitcoin holder cant wait to get my hands on a new currency.

1 Like

Total Noob, but I’ll try getting this going on a couple of different networks I have Pi’s hanging off of.

One question first, can I redact a few chars of the Serial? The RPFoundation uses the serials to track license codes for the add-on codecs and I’d prefer to keep that info in the dark.

Thanks!

[quote=“SonOfAMotherlessGoat, post:512, topic:2353”]Total Noob, but I’ll try getting this going on a couple of different networks I have Pi’s hanging off of.

One question first, can I redact a few chars of the Serial? The RPFoundation uses the serials to track license codes for the add-on codecs and I’d prefer to keep that info in the dark.

Thanks![/quote]

[member=33009]SonOfAMotherlessGoat[/member] I doubt [member=30766]river[/member] would mind if you chose to blur out a few characters of your serial as it’s an understandable concern.

Welcome to the world of energy efficient cryptocurrency. We’re glad to have you both here!

Thanks, I’m probably doing something wrong, my Zero testbed is struggling along mightily but even with port 9901 forwarded I’m not seeing any connections.

1 pi@raspberrypi:/var$ peerbox -info { "ppc_version": "v0.5.4-ge8ce593-Peerbox", "os": "debian 8.0", "hardware": "Raspberry Pi_1", "uptime": "13:46:58.440000", "average_load": [ 4.26, 2.92, 2.88 ], "balance": 0.0, "stake": 0.0, "newmint": 0.0, "connections": 8, "blocks": 165298, "moneysupply": 22177450.30891, "pos_difficulty": 14.4193402, "pow_difficulty": 228403243.69907355, "protocolversion": 60006, "walletversion": 60000 }

You are still not fully synced, just wait for a while longer.

Ok, my node has the full blockchain, and is synced with 10 connections. Here are the photos:

PPC address: PKAQYhDyrDZvVf3y4sXcRqSxL5QuubAQvo

Thanks,
Les

1 Like

Thanks Les, reward sent :slight_smile:

I saw someone link this post on reddit and it sounds good to give my pi purpose instead of collecting dust! My only question is if down the line I decide I want to re-purpose my pi, would I be able to do other things with peerbox running? Also, how would I go about uninstalling peerbox if I ended up needing the extra space/power?

Thanks, I’ll get pictures uploaded after I get it set up

Yes, peerbox is just an application running on the standard Raspian OS.

Welcome!

Sorry for potato quality.

ADDRESS: PP3uJoAs6Bouuh2nQMT9RNkWzitDxJvUsV

1 Like