Peercoin on Raspberry Pi

Hey, i dont know if its all still ongoing, but i just set up a node on my pi:

My peer4commit address is AY1mVzpnFuRX

I saw some people here are facing problems getting everything to work, so if someone struggle with that just send me a message and i will send you
the binaries i compiled by myself (you will have to trust me…).

Greetings, r3sist3nt

Edit: Feel free to donate to me: PBdq3doSepQiYp8NUSrvApNWtw5cHxu5AF

Tip sent to r3sist3nt, congrats :slight_smile:

Thanks, coins arrived :wink:

Finally, after fighting with dependencies and wrong blockchain, I setup a node in a raspberry

Thanks.

[quote=“dsutil, post:444, topic:2353”]Finally, after fighting with dependencies and wrong blockchain, I setup a node in a raspberry

Thanks.[/quote]

Are there anybody there? :slight_smile:

I’m sure [member=30766]river[/member] will pop up soon :slight_smile: Good job setting up a node!

@dsutil what is that thing with the button/led? some kind of powerswitch, it looks too big, maybe something else

Thanks for setting up a node dsutil. Can you please create an account on Peer4commit and let me know your identifier? It is needed to send the tip.

It’s an UPS(uninterruptible power supply) for the PI. You can see it here: MoPi 2: Hot-Swap Mobile Power for the Pi

I use it to give some time to the pi if the power supply is interrupted to avoid corruption in the SD. :slight_smile:

Hi, river.

My identifier is: sYXtL3SKv1nz

Thanks!

Hi, river.

Thanks![/quote]

Ok I’ve set up the tip, it should send when you add your PPC address to your Peer4commit account. Congrats :slight_smile:

Hi, river.

Thanks![/quote]

Ok I’ve set up the tip, it should send when you add your PPC address to your Peer4commit account. Congrats :)[/quote]

I setup my account with my address. Thanks.

I would make peercoin node but first i need to know, cubieboard 1 or 2 is much better than raspberry pi B+ which i also have. Can i establish node on cubieboard?

Hi, river.

Thanks![/quote]

Ok I’ve set up the tip, it should send when you add your PPC address to your Peer4commit account. Congrats :)[/quote]

I setup my account with my address. Thanks.[/quote]

Tip received. Thanks!

Hi [member=30766]river[/member],

Took me a few tries as well, but I got 'er up and running.

P4C ID: bQMcTHQ3vLVD

Note to anyone else attempting this: You MUST choose the Peercoin-qt core protocol client install script when installing!!! Do NOT use the “Full featured” Peerunity client or the blockchain will eventually fail to download and you will have to do it all over again!

[quote=“njb024, post:455, topic:2353”]Hi [member=30766]river[/member],

Took me a few tries as well, but I got 'er up and running.[/quote]

I just sent your tip, congrats! Sorry for the slow response.

Hello [member=30766]river[/member],

I’ve managed to set up a headless node using the new deb package:

P4C ID: 2YfV1JhD8Hrp

Awesome!

What do you do with other Pi’s in that box?

[quote=“peerchemist, post:458, topic:2353”]Awesome!

What do you do with other Pi’s in that box?[/quote]
The one on top, with the HDMI cable, runs OSMC, is connected to our TV and serves as our multimedia center. (The HDMI cable was too sturdy and short and wouldn’t bend properly for the Pi to fit in its rack :frowning: A slight miss in the calculations.) Of the three in the racks, one runs Raspbian, with Peerbox :), and two runs Snappy. LXD is available on Snappy. So hopefully I will be able to get Devstack, and maybe even JuJu, up and running.

Eventually the goal is to migrate my ownCloud, app-server instances, and other stuff running on my old desktop (anno 2006 => a Pi2 has more processing power :))) server into individual containers in the Pi cluster and use Cinder and Swift for storage. I also have a few ASIC miners connected to my (new) desktop, controlled by Minera, that I want to move to the Raspbian machine.

I’ve just started to set everything up, so there’s still a long way to go. LXD, DevStack and Juju isn’t really designed for the Pi’s architecture, although some have managed to get parts of it running, so we’ll have to see how it goes.

I also have a power issue. If you look closely, you can see that only three of the Pis are hooked up. It’s a powered USB2 hub, and it’s only rated at 2A, so one of the Snappys has to rest until this issue has been resolved.

I have a fifth Pi, which currently serves as a lab unit at my desk, so that I can test stuff before I deploy to one of the other Pis. It doubles as a semi-portable (needs a power source) streaming client, with its own set of speakers and a WLAN dongle, for my multi-room music experience. This is also work in progress, as I still haven’t found a streaming solution that I’m completely happy with.

Thanks peron. You are the 80th person to set up a Peercoin node on Raspberry Pi :slight_smile:

By the way, I think the instructions in the first post of the thread need to be updated? I haven’t had a proper look at the changes to Peerbox yet.