Peercoin on Raspberry Pi

No problem :slight_smile:

Congrats celeron370, check your email to receive your tip.

Merry Christmas Peercoin! Another node just went up online. I’ve PMed river333 a screenshot of the serial etc.
I don’t have a recent picture of the Pi, which I can take if needed, but here’s a video of the Raspberry Pi I took a while back when I had it in a self made Lego case. I pulled an optical cable and stuck it right over the CPU activity LED for laser pew pew action. Watch the whole video, the second half I turn the flashlight off so that the pew pew action is more visible :slight_smile:

Thanks fishb0ne, your tip has been sent. Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

Thanks! This is so exciting. My first peercoin!

Hello! Happy new year!

Unfortunately using Peerbox isn’t an option for me as my raspi is used for other things, so I rolled my own Peercoin release on a raspi model A+. Even with 256MB of RAM it still runs just fine and seems to maintain over 20 connections (I have it limited to 50, which is probably too high). I’ve waited a few days to make sure it’s stable, and sure enough it is.

Peer4commit identifier: XbXFqeYSC8cS

I fully intend on running this node for at least a year.

Here’s a pic of it showing all the relevant information. Yes, it is strapped to a USB hub full of crappy ASICs (all of which are mining PPC). EDIT: whoops forgot to show the block count! If you want another shot showing it I’ll be glad to provide it.

and here’s a better shot of just the ‘mining rig’

Tip sent to Valkor. Happy new year!

txid: 6a7b4b0bfebebdfdf44c187d51309a4283895c1d2034701fb68c8230d5803d56

Thank you very much! Great way to start off the new year!

I this project compatible with the banana pi? I figure with its faster processor it may be better suited.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hi lok204, for now we are just sticking to the Raspberry Pi due to convenience as it is the most widely available one, though that could change if there is a lot of demand for something else. Regarding the faster processor, I don’t think that is a big deal as the Raspberry Pi seems to already be more than sufficient for running a Peercoin node.

Alright sweet, to my local rpi dealer ahoy! I assume there are still ppc up for grabs?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yes there’s still plenty of PPC available.

Tip sent to Vitalicus (who sent me the images by PM). Congratulations!

Just checking in. Pi is still working great and has been online non stop since I’ve set it up. On average the daily traffic generated is just around 200MB

ppcoin addres : PX2LThNjdoCFev1Z2vUSY9deQqLnQbjFbm

[quote=“z38630610, post:375, topic:2353”]ppcoin addres : PX2LThNjdoCFev1Z2vUSY9deQqLnQbjFbm

[/quote]

Hi z38630610,

Can’t see any of your pictures :confused: You should upload them elsewhere like imgur.com.

Also, according to the instructions you need to post your Peer4commit ID, not your PPC address directly.

Is this still going in 2015? Also, does it have to be a pi 1, or would a pi too also work?

Of course. Any raspberry Pi.

The intended goal is to set up a dedicated Peercoin node, and part of the “dedicated” bit is the goal to have near 100% uptime, or at least be accessible as much as possible. Installing Peerunity on, say, a laptop and using it once in a while doesn’t quite cut it :wink:

Yes, there is currently enough PPC to guarantee tips for 18 more people.[/quote]

Great, thanks! I hope to have my pi as soon as possible .