Peercoin on Raspberry Pi

[quote=“hatterz, post:538, topic:2353”]So I fumbled about a bit, created new addresses so now I have four? Does that matter? Do I need an account?

This is one of the addresses.

PQUvju1EHrXXgXcU8HKmgsg32oAK2wP9Yr

Terribly sorry my brain is not coming to grips with this yet.[/quote]

Would you mind adding the address to this page (while signed in) :slight_smile:

Your reward has been sent, congrats.

Slowly creeping towards 100 nodes.

Done

This was a lot of fun setting up!
Is the 20 free peercoin promotion still going on?

Either way, here is are the pics of my raspberry pi set up (as per the instructions) to be a FULL peercoin node.

Peer4Commit Identifier:
rRgEY93e3EnV

Peercoin Address:
P9pSvmm2ASP5WfQGprDd4hVf34yrCP7zXC

1 Like

[quote=“reedariel74, post:543, topic:2353”]This was a lot of fun setting up!
Is the 20 free peercoin promotion still going on?

Either way, here is are the pics of my raspberry pi set up (as per the instructions) to be a FULL peercoin node.

Peer4Commit Identifier:
rRgEY93e3EnV

Peercoin Address:
P9pSvmm2ASP5WfQGprDd4hVf34yrCP7zXC[/quote]

Yes, still going, you are the 95th node. Just sent your reward :slight_smile:

Awesome!!
Thank you for this…I have a new hobby now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I started the wallet with sudo systemctl start ppcoin-qt@pi.service. Can i start minting in the graphical client too or do i need to type peerbox -mint in the terminal? ??? (I know that the coins need to stay 30 days in the wallet before i can start).

And how can i see the desktop in putty? I tried startx(Don’t have the permission…) and sudo startx(Pi crashes…).

I’ve my pi since 2 days… I need to learn a lot :))

I hope you can understand my English and thanks for your help :slight_smile:

you cannot run startx in putty (ssh), if you want the desktop you have to attach a screen to the raspberry and a keyboard/mouse

minting should work as usual in peerbox-qt

You can do X11 forwarding over ssh. But it is not very performant.
https://www.google.nl/search?q=ssh+x11+forwarding&oq=ssh+x11+forwarding

I don’t see there an option to activate it ???

when you run peerbox -mint from a terminal window it should unlock the running wallet (for minting only)

If I go ahead and unlock my wallet for minting, what happens?

Will my (less than 30 days old) coins automatically begin minting after they have been sitting for 30 days?
…because this would be more convenient.

Or should I leave my wallet completely locked until my coins have aged 30 days?
…for security reasons.

you could leave your wallet offline, and only mint at the moments that your coins are matured, there were calculators for it but I can’t find them or they’re gone (http://www.peercoincalculator.info/), or maybe here it is: http://poscalculator.peercointalk.org/

for convenience (and better contributing to the network), it is also possible to go ahead and unlock wallet for minting what will happen is:

def walletpassphrase(self, passphrase, timeout=99999999, mint_only=True): '''used to unlock wallet for minting''' return self.node.walletpassphrase(passphrase, timeout, mint_only)

leaving the wallet unlocked for minting for 99999999 seconds

[quote=“irritant, post:552, topic:2353”]you could leave your wallet offline, and only mint at the moments that your coins are matured, there were calculators for it but I can’t find them or they’re gone (http://www.peercoincalculator.info/), or maybe here it is: http://poscalculator.peercointalk.org/

for convenience (and better contributing to the network), it is also possible to go ahead and unlock wallet for minting what will happen is:

def walletpassphrase(self, passphrase, timeout=99999999, mint_only=True): '''used to unlock wallet for minting''' return self.node.walletpassphrase(passphrase, timeout, mint_only)

leaving the wallet unlocked for minting for 99999999 seconds[/quote]

Gotcha. The second link to the peercoin minting calculator worked, and was actually really helpful with putting the whole concept of minting into perspective. That’s what I needed! Thanks!

I enabled port forwarding for the port 9901 but i still get just 8 connections.

There is a setting to connect thorugh a SOCKS4-Proxy. Do i need to activate it?

[quote=“Intensor, post:554, topic:2353”]I enabled port forwarding for the port 9901 but i still get just 8 connections.

There is a setting to connect thorugh a SOCKS4-Proxy. Do i need to activate it?[/quote]

The same thing happened to me when I first set my node up. I just restarted my pi and I eventually got more than 8 connections (that took a few minutes though). Don’t know if that will help you, but it’s worth a shot at least. :slight_smile:

It finally works :))

Identifier: x95RdtvRtYhD

1 Like

You have to wait until your wallet is fully synced, otherwise no external clients will connect to you.
(8 connections is the amount your client made by itself)

[quote=“Intensor, post:556, topic:2353”]It finally works :))

Identifier: x95RdtvRtYhD[/quote]

Thanks for setting up a node. I sent your reward a few days ago but forgot to post here.

Hi it was hard but i succeed here the proof

imgur.com/OhS7Mtf

imgur.com/X3TxfVr

my peercoin address is: PUht2dfSJFeJ7HTzt8a57SpiBXNZFn291m

identifier: andytherbg

[quote=“andytherbg, post:559, topic:2353”]Hi it was hard but i succeed here the proof

imgur.com/OhS7Mtf

imgur.com/X3TxfVr

my peercoin address is: PUht2dfSJFeJ7HTzt8a57SpiBXNZFn291m

identifier: andytherbg[/quote]

Great thanks, I have sent your reward.

Did you manage to get 9 or more connections? You might need to open port 9901 on your router if not.