Peercoin on Raspberry Pi

So I am 100% new to this, so if this is a dumb question I apologize up front. Do I want to use the wallet address that is set on the pi when I sign up on Peer4commit?

ID: EfZ2efhb4p16

[quote=“Clocksicle, post:520, topic:2353”]Sorry for potato quality.
ADDRESS: PP3uJoAs6Bouuh2nQMT9RNkWzitDxJvUsV[/quote]

Reward sent, congrats!

Was just typing my reply as I saw you had posted your node :smiley: It is up to you really, I have sent your reward but if you would like to move your coins in the future you can download Peerunity on a different computer.

Welcome to the forum.

Was just typing my reply as I saw you had posted your node :smiley: It is up to you really, I have sent your reward but if you would like to move your coins in the future you can download Peerunity on a different computer.

Welcome to the forum.[/quote]

Thanks! It was easy enough to do. I will more than likely setup 5 other rpis I have lying around.

1 Like

Hi there,

ID: tuMSLP1YUviG
PPC: PD5QEZv76fZXy9dU28LQJd8vE2g26ahB1S

IMG:

Cheers and nice to be with Peercoin!

I believe I’m good to go.

Peer4commit ID: aeLz4kYoHGVE

I’d rather not give serial numbers if I don’t HAVE to. Let me know if that’s a problem. Thanks.

Hi bitcoin-bz.it, thanks for setting up a node! Can you please add your PPC address to your Peer4commit account? Thanks.

Congrats Eddie. The 90th node from this project!

1 Like

Hello,

Done! :wink:

Nice, probably the first RPI zero node!

I’ve got one set up now. Was super simple to get going. :slight_smile: Here are my photo submissions.

1 Like

[quote=“ru_sco, post:530, topic:2353”]I’ve got one set up now. Was super simple to get going. :slight_smile: Here are my photo submissions.

imgur.com/a/H5kC2[/quote]

Thanks for setting up a node, ru_sco. Do you have a peer4commit account with a PPC address to send your reward to?

Also, have you seen more than 8 connections on your node at any time? Just making sure it is a full node with port forwarding (port 9901 might need to be opened on your router otherwise).

This is what I’m at now. I had to reformat the sd card this morning, as Pi-Hole was acting up, but it’s working. Here is my identifier.

G2cK41qRWVhH

Edit : Now up to 17 connections!

"balance": 0.0, "stake": 0.0, "newmint": 0.0, "ip": "73.***.***.***", "connections": 12, "blocks": 35419, "moneysupply": 16588439.427162, "pos_difficulty": 17.17337297, "pow_difficulty": 12569.58576487, "protocolversion": 60006, "walletversion": 60000

1 Like

ID: LtUNreGWFYAJ

1 Like

Reward sent, congrats.

Alright, I have no clue about this cryptocurrency business but I got the setup going. I have a identifier for the peer4commit at “QFr4YydojYth”, but have no clue how to locate the wallet PPC id from the Pi. I was told the package has a wallet inside and I see the wallet.dat file but can’t find a ppc value.

http://imgur.com/4N7Wz5C
http://imgur.com/0nNE8Xt

[quote=“hatterz, post:535, topic:2353”]Alright, I have no clue about this cryptocurrency business but I got the setup going. I have a identifier for the peer4commit at “QFr4YydojYth”, but have no clue how to locate the wallet PPC id from the Pi. I was told the package has a wallet inside and I see the wallet.dat file but can’t find a ppc value.

http://imgur.com/4N7Wz5C
http://imgur.com/0nNE8Xt[/quote]

You can check your balance using:

ppcoind getbalance

You can get help for all the commands using:

ppcoind help

If you want to open the gui, either copy the wallet.dat file into the datadir of your pc running the wallet.
Or stop ppcoind on the pi and start ppcoin-qt (don’t forget to restart ppcoind afterwards :wink: )

ppcoind stop
ppcoin-qt

Welcome, and thanks for setting up the node.

Thanks hatterz. I have set up your reward and will send it when your PPC address is added.

So I fumbled about a bit, created new addresses so now I have four? Does that matter? Do I need an account?

This is one of the addresses.

PQUvju1EHrXXgXcU8HKmgsg32oAK2wP9Yr

Terribly sorry my brain is not coming to grips with this yet.

[quote=“hatterz, post:538, topic:2353”]So I fumbled about a bit, created new addresses so now I have four? Does that matter? Do I need an account?

This is one of the addresses.

PQUvju1EHrXXgXcU8HKmgsg32oAK2wP9Yr

Terribly sorry my brain is not coming to grips with this yet.[/quote]

You can use and own thousands of addresses. Easy, you will understand it all eventually.

P.S.

Peerbox is equipped with graphic wallet too. Just stop the Peerbox and start it via:

sudo systemctl start ppcoin-qt@pi.service

ID: T9twfpTKpQQP

1 Like