Peercoin on Raspberry Pi

Tips have been sent to irritant and He1l_Q. Congratulations! :pearcoin:

and im finally up and runnin :pbjt:

this was actually quite a bit of fun, even though took me longer than expected :))

please send tip here: PVnJa9QU6wWTbVhjk2oApY8yBm5umHw6yk
Imma keep that wallet empty, just for safety
btw if anyone is willing to help me fund a couple more of lil boxes :wink: id gladly run a few nodes, the operational costs are near nothing to me

Congratulations n00b2013, here is your prize:

Oh, and I also sent you 10 PPC :pearcoin:

[quote=“river333, post:23, topic:2353”]Congratulations n00b2013, here is your prize:

Oh, and I also sent you 10 PPC :pearcoin:[/quote]

rofl, thanks river 8)

River, would you know if this is accurate ? http://bitinfocharts.com/ppcoin/nodes-active/
im trying to see my node and i cant find it anywhere, the connect count has now reached 30, so technically it should be good, but then again my home pc wallet also goes up to 20ish connects and the port at home isnt open

Raspberry Pi full node finally up and running :pbjt:

PPC address : PBeH6YDAfFGm76HntPFi86Y6WkJ3rHxGqy

Mandatory screenshot and pic of the beast below :

Thanx for your help everybody !

[quote=“mably, post:26, topic:2353”]Raspberry Pi full node finally up and running :pbjt:

PPC address : PBeH6YDAfFGm76HntPFi86Y6WkJ3rHxGqy[/quote]

I’m already at 28 connections. Is there an upper limit for this?

FYI, my Raspberry Pi ppcoin-qt process is at 17% CPU and 27% memory.

I should now find a way to measure the network activity, an idea anyone?

[quote=“mably, post:27, topic:2353”]I’m already at 28 connections. Is there an upper limit for this?

FYI, my Raspberry Pi ppcoin-qt process is at 17% CPU and 27% memory.

I should now find a way to measure the network activity, an idea anyone?[/quote]

I think vnstat can do this, I’m not sure if its available on raspbian:
sudo apt-get -y install vnstat

http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/330

what is the file size for attachments? does the photo need to be in a specific format? I can’t upload the photos I have, keep getting error 

An Error Has Occurred!
Your attachment couldn’t be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

Is posting a link to my dropbox with the photo okay?

Adding my PeerPi Node:

PTvaUk7b4Hbs29QKHwXAYvywwJNnoj6eEu

I think vnstat can do this, I’m not sure if its available on raspbian:
sudo apt-get -y install vnstat[/quote]

Just installed, will check the stats in a few hours. Thanx for your help.

[quote=“ppafford, post:29, topic:2353”]what is the file size for attachments? does the photo need to be in a specific format? I can’t upload the photos I have, keep getting error 

An Error Has Occurred!
Your attachment couldn’t be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

Is posting a link to my dropbox with the photo okay?

Adding my PeerPi Node:

PTvaUk7b4Hbs29QKHwXAYvywwJNnoj6eEu

Hi ppafford,

I think many use imgur.com to post their pictures on the forum. I had the same problem as you before someone told me. That said I guess river333 would probably accept your dropbox pic and post it here himself if you don’t. But your picture shows only 8 connections, you need to show any number greater than 8 connections. 8 is the non port forwarded default number of connections. Once you have successfully port forwarded then the connection count should rise, and you will be qualified for your tip. You are almost there, congratulations! :slight_smile:

NewMoneyEra

Thanks NewMoneyEra!, will have to wait till I get home. Will try imgur.com as well

[quote=“n00b2013, post:25, topic:2353”]River, would you know if this is accurate ? http://bitinfocharts.com/ppcoin/nodes-active/
im trying to see my node and i cant find it anywhere, the connect count has now reached 30, so technically it should be good, but then again my home pc wallet also goes up to 20ish connects and the port at home isnt open[/quote]

I don’t think it is fully accurate, it is just an estimate, but I assume your node would show up eventually. Are you sure the port isn’t open on your home pc? Over 8 connections usually means it is.

Congratulations to mably! The 10 PPC tip has been sent :pbjt:

Congratulations to mably! The 10 PPC tip has been sent :pbjt:[/quote]

Got it, thanx!

For those interested, here are the vnstat results for the first full 24h minting period :

[tt]daily
rx | tx | total | avg. rate
------------------------±------------±------------±--------------
yesterday 15.01 MiB | 49.30 MiB | 64.32 MiB | 6.10 kbit/s[/tt]

I had between 20 and 35 connections during that time.

Does it seem plausible?

[quote=“mably, post:36, topic:2353”]For those interested, here are the vnstat results for the first full 24h minting period :

[tt]daily
rx | tx | total | avg. rate

I had between 20 and 35 connections during that time.

Does it seem plausible?[/quote]

Hi mably,

This could be helpful to others. Could you keep recording this data over a week or two?

Also, if you are running it at home, what kind of Internet Service Provider and connection to your house do you have?

Could you run speedtest.net and report what it says?

Building up this kind of data could be helpful for others.

Thanks,

NewMoneyEra

Thanks to Novelty Lab for posting about this on their blog: http://blog.noveltylab.com/2014/05/spreading-peercoin-on-pi-get-10-ppc.html
:slight_smile:

[quote=“NewMoneyEra, post:37, topic:2353”][quote=“mably, post:36, topic:2353”]For those interested, here are the vnstat results for the first full 24h minting period :

[tt] rx | tx | total | avg. rate

I had between 20 and 35 connections during that time.[/quote]

This could be helpful to others. Could you keep recording this data over a week or two?

Also, if you are running it at home, what kind of Internet Service Provider and connection to your house do you have?

Could you run speedtest.net and report what it says?[/quote]

Here are the stats for yesterday:

[tt] rx | tx | total | avg. rate
yesterday 11.01 MiB | 51.13 MiB | 62.15 MiB | 5.89 kbit/s[/tt]

Quite similar to the previous da, the number of connections was a bit higher though (up to 36).

My ADSL connection speed is ~8 Mb/s download and ~1Mb/s upload (speedtest.net).

I’ll try to record network stats data for at least one month and publish the results here.

This was a really cool project. I’ve been thinking about getting into Peercoin, but since it is so hard to mine for a normal guy with just a PC, I have been trying out other coins instead. I was looking for a help guide on doing something like this for another coin, and was pleasantly surprised to find this opportunity from a simple google search. I tend to be a redditor, so you will probably see me more there than here, but I hope to become a somewhat active member of the community.

Here are my pictures of my Pi and my Pi’s desktop. While this was a little harder to complete than I expected, as usual with an R-Pi project I feel like I learned quite a bit along the way! I hope that we are able to get safely minting on a full node sorted out, as this would be awesome!

My wallet address is: PV9uwHcbnit2PBCycXfLz8VU6RTVbL8mkc