Peercoin.net: Why Peercoin?

I am thinking that the “Why Peercoin?” page could be the same destination page as the planned “Savers” page that is parallel with Consumers, Merchants, etc. I am renaming “Savers” to “Investors.”

The purpose of this thread is to give a heads-up that “Why Peercoin?” is being merged with “Investors.” It would contain links to the minting page(s) in its descriptions. Feedback is appreciated.

Here’s the WIP content for Why Peercoin / Investors, under construction. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hDIG3CSWu3DALqnWvp7ZOccZxX2cgCjH2TQyP8Efl6g

I’ve thought of the Why Peercoin page as a sales page for investors, so I think that name change fits. What I was thinking is that it would list all of the important things that separates Peercoin from the competition. If you take a look at this post, you can see that I removed the horizontal list of 3 features and replaced it with a larger vertical list showing off more of Peercoin’s major points. Under that is a button that says learn more. Using this button, people will be taken to the Why Peercoin page.

It should contain all the important items, proof of stake security, energy efficiency (The fact that the entire network can run on low-powered devices), the fact that it’s more decentralized than other networks because people will be able to mint on any type of device, small blockchain and synching times, Sunny’s idea of Peercoin as a backbone currency, prevents network centralization, etc… Peercoin just needs to be sold here. What are all the things that makes it great?

Also, where on the website are you going to place the 38 minute intro video? This might be a good place, since you make your case in that video why Peercoin is great.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:2, topic:2762”]I’ve thought of the Why Peercoin page as a sales page for investors, so I think that name change fits. What I was thinking is that it would list all of the important things that separates Peercoin from the competition. If you take a look at this post, you can see that I removed the horizontal list of 3 features and replaced it with a larger vertical list showing off more of Peercoin’s major points. Under that is a button that says learn more. Using this button, people will be taken to the Why Peercoin page.

It should contain all the important items, proof of stake security, energy efficiency (The fact that the entire network can run on low-powered devices), the fact that it’s more decentralized than other networks because people will be able to mint on any type of device, small blockchain and synching times, Sunny’s idea of Peercoin as a backbone currency, prevents network centralization, etc… Peercoin just needs to be sold here. What are all the things that makes it great?

Also, where on the website are you going to place the 38 minute intro video? This might be a good place, since you make your case in that video why Peercoin is great.[/quote]
@chronos, did I miss the outcome of this question? I think it would be good to have a link to it from the website.

Yes, he said in another thread that he’s going to include this video on the Why Peercoin/Investors page.

That’s exactly right. The hope is that investors have a long attention span, so they’ll love the 38-minute video. :wink:

Soon, TWH will be putting video placeholders in, so we’ll get to see what the finished product may look like.

Thanks!

Requested changes have been included and will be published in Revision v3.5 of the Peercoin.net project.