Peercoin.net: Team Page

Now that the contribute page has been removed, we have room to put something else in its place. I’ve heard it said that lots of people still think that Sunny is the only one working on Peercoin. I think we should correct that assumption by including a “Team” page, which shows how many people contribute to the development of the Peercoin ecosystem. There are different ways we could do this…

One way is what they did on Peershares.net: http://peershares.net/team/. I don’t particularly like this format though. There’s just too much text. Everyone doesn’t need an explanation beside their name.

Another way we could do it is similar to the NuBits team page: http://www.nubits.com/. I like this format much better. It provides a way to contact each team member through email. If somebody here didn’t want to provide an email address, we could just link to their PeercoinTalk profile.

One problem I see here with this version is that the title says everyone is a core developer, which is not true. For example, I know for a fact that David is doing their marketing. So instead, under each name we could include a title. Under Sunny we could put “Lead Developer & Architect.” Under Sigmike we could put “Core Developer.” Under FuzzyBear we could put “PeercoinTalk Administrator.” Under me and David you could put “Social Media.” Under Super3 and TheWildHorse you could put “Web Development.” And so on…

We’d need to figure out who should not be included, because we can’t put everybody down. For example, regular volunpeers shouldn’t be listed. It should only be people that have specific roles within the community. What do you think, any ideas?

+1 for a rather exhaustive team page.

One definite strength of Peercoin is its amazing community.

I like the idea, but we will have to make sure to keep it up-to-date. Peercoin is decentralized, so people might join or leave the “team” at any time. Sentinelrv, what do you think of this list?

[ul][li]Sunny King - Core Developer[/li]
[li]Sigmike - Core Developer[/li]
[li]Super3 - Web Design[/li]
[li]TheWildHorse - Web Design[/li]
[li]Fuzzybear - Forum Administrator[/li]
[li]Sentinelrv - Social Media[/li]
[li]Peerchemist - Peerbox[/li]
[li]Jordan Lee - Nubits[/li][/ul]

Would anyone like to be added or removed?

What sounds better for Sunny, “Lead Developer” or “Peercoin Architect.” At least with NuBits, Jordan considers Sigmike his lead developer, while Jordan is the architect for the project. I think “Peercoin Architect” might be better to use.

Also, I think Jordan’s title should probably be “Peershares & NuBits,” since he’s the architect for both.

And I took over most of the social media responsibility from David, who is now doing the social media for NuBits. Once that releases, it’s possible he might become active again in Peercoin social media. I guess it’s up to you if you want to list him next to me.

You should also list yourself as “Video Production.”

And web design should probably be switched to “Web Development” right? They do more than just design for the website. Maybe we should ask TheWildHorse before listing him. I’m not sure if he considers himself a hardcore supporter of Peercoin and wants to be considered part of the team, or if it’s still just a job to him. Hopefully it’s the former by now.

I wonder whether JetJet13 should be added for creating Peerchain.co (a PPC block explorer). If we think that is a good idea, I can drop him a PM

I wonder whether Jordan should just be Peershares … until we know what NuBits is

Is Super3 still involved? I thought his time was now on Storj

I guess the proper way to proceed is to PM each of the people, and ask whether they regard themselves as “the Team”, and want to be listed

[quote=“mably, post:2, topic:2830”]+1 for a rather exhaustive team page.

One definite strength of Peercoin is its amazing community.[/quote]

yes amazing community, but no exhaustive team page please. There will be so many people through the years helping, some inactive now. Ok, maybe a small credits/thank you page with a list off all contributors, like the end credits on a movie? Just like the github contributors list scrolldown on https://bitcoin.org/en/about-us? that already seems too much to me

I could go either way on this. Here are some updated titles.

[ul][li]Sunny King - Peercoin Architect[/li] [li]Sigmike - Core Developer[/li] [li]Super3 - Web Developer[/li] [li]TheWildHorse - Web Developer[/li] [li]Chronos - Video Production[/li] [li]Fuzzybear - Forum Administrator[/li] [li]Sentinelrv - Social Media[/li] [li]Peerchemist - Peerbox Architect[/li] [li]Jordan Lee - Peershares & NuBits Architect[/li][/ul]

In my opinion, I rather agree with Irritant. Not sure we should have this page at all. Roles change, people join and leave, but this is static content that will become outdated.

Ok, so how many other coins have team pages? Is it a low number? I seem to remember Ethereum having one, but I can’t seem to find it on their website. I just figured it would be a good idea to put some names to Peercoin and allow a way for people to be contacted by email. Do you really think it will become that unmanageable? I think if we keep the list small enough it shouldn’t be too much of a problem. What do you think?

I think its important to know there is real people behind Peercoin and that it’s alive and living strong. May be we could have only the core developers on the team page and create a projects page with all the other projects leaders.

Leave the bottom for the names of self-claimed community members. Like the name list at the end of Lord of the Rings (or was it another movie?)

if you keep it small (and manageable) you could get other problems (people want to be on the list). I can already see when going to peercointalk that it is a very active community. Maybe it is an idea to just put the list of project there, which have spawned out of peercoin: peershares, nubits, peer4commit, peerbox, fazon, etc, so they get a little bit extra attention too and these project are here to stay. Or just leave the page… idk.

I agree with the above: the only people who should be listed are the Architects

• Sunny King - Peercoin Architect
• Sigmike - Core Developer
• Peerchemist - Peerbox Architect
• Jordan Lee - Peershares & NuBits Architect

These people are the “brains”

We all know that Peercoin depends on other team members to floursh. But website, video, forum, etc. are support roles. When people want to know the team “behind Peercoin”, they mean those who are developing Peercoin’s block chain technology

A four-strong list of architects is more impactful, in my opinion, than a list of more generalised contributers

The only non-Architect I think might be desirable to include is a John Manglaviti-type public relations person, who is available for TV/press interviews, etc

I agree with the above: the only people who should be listed are the Architects

• Sunny King - Peercoin Architect
• Sigmike - Core Developer
• Peerchemist - Peerbox Architect
• Jordan Lee - Peershares & NuBits Architect

These people are the “brains”

We all know that Peercoin depends on other team members to floursh. But website, video, forum, etc. are support roles. When people want to know the team “behind Peercoin”, they mean those who are developing Peercoin’s block chain technology

A four-strong list of architects is more impactful, in my opinion, than a list of more generalised contributers

The only non-Architect I think might be desirable to include is a John Manglaviti-type public relations person, who is available for TV/press interviews, etc[/quote]

This sounds good to me. Not sure who you’re going to find for that public role though. David does a good job with marketing, but I believe he wants to remain anonymous. I’m pretty public and can do online communication like PM’s and email, but I won’t talk on the phone, go on TV or meet with the press face to face. That should be reserved for somebody with more skill in that area.

Well crypto ecosystem development is not only an intellectual excercise. There are many dead coins with fantastic ideas and architectures. If I were to read a team page I want to see a motivated team with diverse talents working on all levels and fronts – design, implementation, testing, financing, PR and marketing, community organizing… rather than only tips of the pyramid.