Peercoin.net: Contributions

The sitemap outline from TheWildHorse mentions a “Contributions” page, but I can’t find further information on it. What is the plan for a Contributions page?

Is it meant to be the http://peercoin.net/sponsor page? (Speaking of which, is that Sponsor page staying in the new site?)

[quote=“Chronos, post:1, topic:2775”]The sitemap outline from TheWildHorse mentions a “Contributions” page, but I can’t find further information on it. What is the plan for a Contributions page?

Is it meant to be the http://peercoin.net/sponsor page? (Speaking of which, is that Sponsor page staying in the new site?)[/quote]

That sponsors page is something Super3 setup by himself a while ago. I don’t believe he told anybody here about it. I don’t really understand what the purpose of it is. It seems if people donate PPC, they get their business listed on that page, but why would anyone want to donate? I don’t see normal visitors caring enough to visit this page to find out who these sponsors are. I just see a lack of incentive for people to donate. If they were donating to get ads listed on high traffic areas of the website, then I could understand, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. And another point, the leaf graphics used don’t even match the official Peercoin leaf used in our logo. Maybe this is a page we could just do without?

I have to admit, when I read the Sponsors page for the first time, it felt more like, “Ooh, looks like the Peercoin guys don’t have many sponsors. Maybe their coin is stagnant.” :stuck_out_tongue: Ironically, our one sponsor is a broken link!

What about this alleged Contributions page?

I thought of that Contribution page as a page to contain all info on how to help out the community.

From Peer4Commit donations, development, volunpeering (if that will remain a thing) to maintaining the network stability with mining/minting.

[quote=“TheWildHorse, post:4, topic:2775”]I thought of that Contribution page as a page to contain all info on how to help out the community.

From Peer4Commit donations, development, volunpeering (if that will remain a thing) to maintaining the network stability with mining/minting.[/quote]
Ah, that explains it. Well, volunpeering is going to the newsletter, and Peer4Commit and development are in the “Developers” page. Let’s plan to go with that, and if we come up with other ideas for this page, maybe we’ll find a way to fit them into other pages as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks!