Peercoin mentioned on CCTV

Video (20131231)
http://cctv.cntv.cn/lm/huanqiucaijinglianxian/index.shtml

Generally, it’s a summary of cryptocurrency, mentioned 14 cryptocurrencies that values above 1$.
Peercoin and XPM were mentioned.

Nice catch, that’s probably why Peercoin and Primecoin are currently performing better than the other coins.

这里面提到匿名币,anocoin 不过没有报出来它的中文名字–匿名币。
呵呵。这个央视到底在卖什么药呀。

哦,对了。还有今天早上七点多,你说用点点币相关的聊天工具可以获得点点币赠品,在哪里可以获得?即便是没有送我也想要。

Great news in the new year!

One thing is that you can see from the picture that XPM got its Chinese name meaning Prime Coin. However for Peercoin, right now most ppl call it “Dian Dian Bi” meaning “P2P coin”, which is confusing and a bit low key for Peercoin. Because “dian” in Chinese also stands for Dot. I am considering to name Peercoin to “Pi’er Bi”, following the rules for BTC and LTC in Chinese. But I know it could be hard. What do you think?

I think you are our leading chinese peercoin expert, I personally would back what you suggest if you think it will help clear some confusion. But who knows if it will work or if it is an issue… never know unless you try I say, just need to ensure that it all points to peercoin PPC. This is where the “official logo” is often very important and useful to clear any cross translations but requires eveyone to be using the same one, but now most are.

Just my thoughts
Fuzzybear

How about 联点币,互联币?

I agree with your ideas. “Dian Dian Bi” in Chinese is not a nice and decent name. I think it is good to use the name of “Pi’er Bi”.

I agree with your ideas. “Dian Dian Bi” in Chinese is not a nice and decent name. I think it is good to use the name of “Pi’er Bi”.[/quote]

Yes, Dian Dian Bi kinda odd. I think they a large Chinese community in Peercoin as well based on d7 pool.

I just posted a Poll on the official Chinese name for Peercoin:

Let’s see the feedback from Chinese community.

[quote=“redlee, post:11, topic:1301”]I just posted a Poll on the official Chinese name for Peercoin:

Let’s see the feedback from Chinese community.[/quote]

Great work! :slight_smile:

[quote=“redlee, post:11, topic:1301”]I just posted a Poll on the official Chinese name for Peercoin:

Redlee you are an invaluable asset here, keep up the work!

Hello China! Not a coincidence that Pacific markets are behind the price surge of the past couple days.

What did the poll ask and what were the results?