Peercoin Logo Design Contest (Give Designers Feedback Here!)

I don’t mind confirming the prize but let’s not stretch this out any further than it has gone already. I would like us to be able to move to the next steps of building the PPC empire and we need the logo to get finished. For heaven’s sake, BTB already has its graphics finished. PPC belongs as the contender just below BTC in the market cap rankings and if we don’t push for more rapid growth there are a lot of flawed competitors out there that will snap at our heels.

That’s why I’m willing to spend the extra money here on promotion, to get this done and over with. We don’t need anymore delays. After this though, I’m completely tapped out.

The contest is now guaranteed and my funds have cleared. I also emailed them asking if its possible to get a day or two extension on entries since I’m paying for promotion. Now let me see about that tweet.

Ok, the twitter promotion has been paid for. Wow, never thought I’d be spending this much money this month. I’m probably tapped out now until the end of July. :frowning:

Also guys, I just realized that you can leave comments on the contest page, rather than only posting here in this thread. You’ll probably have to register though.

Look at this fancy one that was just posted. It’s a new spin on the old design. Click on it to make it bigger.

Workin on a new angle

Avoid pastel green. A darker green looks more serious.

To be honest, I didn’t even realize that was a leaf. I stared at it for about a minute trying to figure it out. Not trying to be rude or anything. Please don’t take it that way.

Took me a while to figure out you were talking about the old design lol. I was double checking all the sliders in my color editor and they didn’t go any further green! lol

None taken. Which design? Both?

None taken. Which design? Both?[/quote]

I originally saw the bluish colored one.

I actually really do like your updated version of the one you posted a long time ago. I believe it’s #6 on the contest page right now. I didn’t care for the original, but this updated version is a lot better, more detailed. Something still feels off for me though. Maybe it’s the colors used. It feels almost plastic for some reason and not metal. It’s hard to describe. I would concentrate your focus on trying to make that one better.

How about something more like this?:

[size=2.65em]AWESOME![/size] Somebody finally made the one I’ve been wanting to see. ;D

I really like #7 and #8 also, but I think those designs might just be a little too fancy. This on the other hand is very simple and eye catching and I love this specific color of gold. Does anybody else agree with me here? Any tips to improve it besides making the image larger? Should we ask to see what it looks like with the ridges removed?

Is there a possibility of seeing what this looks like using the same exact bright color gold in the photo I just posted?

Is there a possibility of seeing what this looks like using the same exact bright color gold in the photo I just posted?[/quote]

Sure. The gold color samples I used were taken straight from a photo of shiny gold bars, but you’re the boss!

Edit: Actually, I’m kinda wondering. Is a single person going to choose the design of the whole PPC currency?

Here ya go:

Just wanted to know as someone who contributed, how do we register our votes?

I’m not sure that we can. It seems like only the creator of the contest can vote? If this is the case I feel like this kind of defeats the purpose. I can “Like” other designs, but I can’t actually vote.

I’m not sure that we can. It seems like only the creator of the contest can vote? If this is the case I feel like this kind of defeats the purpose.[/quote]

Hopefully once all designs are submitted we can establish a poll on the forum to register votes with.

Another concern I had is that coins are restricted to gold only, whereas I think this restriction should be lifted and any colour / style should be allowed, otherwise the designs are really restricted and not a true representation of peoples creativity…

I really like the ridges on the coin.

Gamekyuubi - can you add that on your design?