Peercoin Logo Design Contest Fundraising Thread (Completed!)

If things don’t pick up I may have to pay for the rest of the contest myself. I don’t have the money for that yet though.

Also, somebody contacted me through Facebook offering their design help. We’d have to pay them though. I think the contest is the better route anyway and I told him it would be difficult to give specific instructions since this is a group project. Let me know if anyone wants his contact info. I told him I’d mention it here.

It’s admirable you’re willing to do that Sentinel, but you shouldn’t feel obligated to do so. Perhaps give it another couple weeks.

We have quite a few great designs already (I like the green/gold coin on the donation page). I think it’s just a matter of Sunny incorporating a logo into the website.

[quote=“MeBeingAwesome, post:22, topic:122”]It’s admirable you’re willing to do that Sentinel, but you shouldn’t feel obligated to do so. Perhaps give it another couple weeks.

We have quite a few great designs already (I like the green/gold coin on the donation page). I think it’s just a matter of Sunny incorporating a logo into the website.[/quote]

I feel motivated to do that because we haven’t had a large donation in over a week when there’s probably hundreds of people that know about this by now. It’s just kind of disappointing. I feel as if we’re stuck and can’t move on with more important things until this is over with. Plus, all the current designs are from only one person. I want to see what a bunch of people can come up with.

Has anyone read what I wrote above yet about possibly removing the leaf? I’d like to know what people think about that. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the leaf in the logo and would rather keep it, but does it make sense long-term when energy hogging coins might no longer be an issue in the future? If it wouldn’t stand the test of time, then maybe we shouldn’t include it.

Please think about a design, that can be easiliy adopted to a physical coin, like Casascius did it. I feel physical coins could be another important.step.

I am convinced that it would be much easier to collect the money with a PPC / BTC donation address. Sentinelrv, have you read my answer about the “visibility” of donations at cryptocoin addresses? It would be no problem for everyone to view the progress using a cryptocoin explorer, even if you sell the PPC for fiat the transactions (= donations) will be visible forever. You should not pay for the contest yourself, that’s not the idea :slight_smile: Also, I think we are not in a hurry, we could wait easily 2-3 months or so. PPC is a young and, yes, pretty experimental currency, and we are not competing with all the new shitcoins but in the long run with Bitcoin and Litecoin. Or is there a “hard” deadline at this crowdfunding page?

I appreciate this. I’m in Europe, can do SEPA transfer/BTC/PPC donations.

No, there’s not a deadline, but I’m unfamiliar with accepting and converting cryptocoins back into cash and moving them around, so I’m hesitant to do this myself. I’m still pretty new to all of this and haven’t had the time to figure it all out. Is there somebody here more trustworthy than me that would like to take this up? Whatever ppc or btc is donated can be converted to cash and then sent to my donation page and then I’ll withdraw it all and pay for the contest. Would somebody be willing to set this up for us?

Donated, let’s get this thing done. 8)

D5000, are you willing to handle the donation addy via PPC and/or BTC? Then your responsibility would be to convert them to cash and get that to Sentinel in some fashion. He’s not comfortable with it, and frankly it would take me a few steps to get money out also (thus losing the fees).

We only need $105 more, and I think we can get that in PPC donations from bitcointalk and Reddit fairly easily.

[quote=“D3tail, post:28, topic:122”]Donated, let’s get this thing done. 8)

D5000, are you willing to handle the donation addy via PPC and/or BTC? Then your responsibility would be to convert them to cash and get that to Sentinel in some fashion. He’s not comfortable with it, and frankly it would take me a few steps to get money out also (thus losing the fees).

We only need $105 more, and I think we can get that in PPC donations from bitcointalk and Reddit fairly easily.[/quote]
Hey, I want to donate also. You could give me your BTC or PPC address, and then donate for me. I can give the rest of the $105. I will send you 1 BTC or 910 PPC, and you donate for me.

Good on you, I can do it most easily with 1 BTC as I can just sell it (as I’m selling more soon anyway to pay for something and the fees won’t kill me).

16yenUzFmPQWrdt84atnMjZFxNtk5wsMqu

^^ Receiving addy and the payment will show on the funding site, I’ll put it under Whifmoi

[quote=“D3tail, post:30, topic:122”]Good on you, I can do it most easily with 1 BTC as I can just sell it (as I’m selling more soon anyway to pay for something and the fees won’t kill me).

^^ Receiving addy and the payment will show on the funding site, I’ll put it under Whifmoi[/quote]
done. Thank you for the mediation.

[quote=“whifmoi, post:31, topic:122”][quote=“D3tail, post:30, topic:122”]Good on you, I can do it most easily with 1 BTC as I can just sell it (as I’m selling more soon anyway to pay for something and the fees won’t kill me).

^^ Receiving addy and the payment will show on the funding site, I’ll put it under Whifmoi[/quote]
done. Thank you for the mediation.[/quote]

My pleasure, coins are pending atm, will post payment when they have confirmed. Well, when it has confirmed.

Wow, thanks guys. I was not expecting that. I have a pretty slow night at work so when I’m finished probably around 8:00 PM, I’ll take a look and see how to withdraw the funds. I’m not sure if it’s instant yet or if it will take a couple days. If it takes several days, I get paid on Friday and may just upgrade it to the silver package to ensure we get quality work and not amateurs. Either way, we’re going to have to discuss how we want to setup the contest, instructions to give the designers and such. Later I’ll look and see what I’m going to have to fill out to setup the contest. I’ll make a new thread about it when I’m ready.

Just so you know, you’ve signed yourself up for a total shitshow. You’re going to be the go-between when it comes to users and designers…its not fun and I’m glad its you and not me :wink:

Best of luck!

[quote=“D3tail, post:34, topic:122”]Just so you know, you’ve signed yourself up for a total shitshow. You’re going to be the go-between when it comes to users and designers…its not fun and I’m glad its you and not me :wink:

Best of luck![/quote]

I’ve already told him he needs to be willing to make a binding decision (with maybe a chance for a veto by Sunny) and go with it. Indecision is more dangerous than a suboptimal logo at this point. But please don’t do one with the initials CP on it.

KK Funded.

[quote=“calian, post:35, topic:122”][quote=“D3tail, post:34, topic:122”]Just so you know, you’ve signed yourself up for a total shitshow. You’re going to be the go-between when it comes to users and designers…its not fun and I’m glad its you and not me :wink:

Best of luck![/quote]

I’ve already told him he needs to be willing to make a binding decision (with maybe a chance for a veto by Sunny) and go with it. Indecision is more dangerous than a suboptimal logo at this point. But please don’t do one with the initials CP on it.[/quote]

totally agree.

Awesome work. Looking forward to having a standardized branding element that can be applied to the ppcoin website, facebook page, etc.

Ok, it says it’s going to take between 2 and 5 days to transfer. Looks like we’re going to have a little wait. All my bank information is home, so when I get off of work I’ll start the withdrawal process.

Fine! I have thought about managing a PPC / BTC donation address myself but as I am relatively new in the crypto community I thought perhaps it would be better to let do this someone who has more experience and trust from the community.

But now it seems all resolved. Well done and thanks to all people who participated!