Peercoin Explorer

According to the database your account has received one transaction. This transaction should be credited and visible in the “Wallet Overview”. It needs three confirmations to receive coins. Maybe that is the reason you did not saw it.

this is how wallet -> overview
(https://testnet-peercoin.mintr.org/wallet/overview)
looks to me

So everything looks alright.
Do you need anything else to be displayed?

I was looking for the buttons you were describing in the post I quoted above.

But anyhow. I’ve made the deposit. Now it will mint and credit my equivalent share?

[quote=“willy, post:44, topic:3393”]I was looking for the buttons you were describing in the post I quoted above.

But anyhow. I’ve made the deposit. Now it will mint and credit my equivalent share?[/quote]

Ok, now I understand. :wink:
Just paste your address into the input field showing “Address/Block/TX” and click “Show”.
You will be redirected to the Address Detail page for this specific address. This is not a wallet feature, this belongs to the blockchain explorer. So you can view this page for any existing address.

And yes, you will now receive a percentage of every minted coin (and parts of the service fee). But since this service is really new it will take some time until the first coins will be minted. So lets wait for about 30 days. :wink:

The testnet version just had a few mints…

So it looks like it’s working so far. :wink:

Nice service. I’ve implemented this data source into my python project moneywagon: https://github.com/priestc/moneywagon

Also, you can see calls to Mintr made when using multiexplorer: http://multiexplorer.com/address/PVoei4A3TozCSK8W9VvS55fABdTZ1BCwfj/

I have a few requests: Can you add an API call for getting all historical transactions for a single address? That seems to be the only bit of functionality that seems to be missing. Also it would be nice to get block by latest. Currently it seems the only way to get block data is by specifying hash or block height. Sometimes you just want the latest block…

something is wrong with the service, perhaps it’s old version of ppcoin daemon

Hi, seems like my server is a bit unstable… The peercoin client is failing regularly… I’m currently thinking about moving to another server which is more stable. I’m using it for the Emercoin project too.
I hope to get this working soon.

[quote=“priestc, post:47, topic:3393”]Nice service. I’ve implemented this data source into my python project moneywagon: https://github.com/priestc/moneywagon

Also, you can see calls to Mintr made when using multiexplorer: http://multiexplorer.com/address/PVoei4A3TozCSK8W9VvS55fABdTZ1BCwfj/

I have a few requests: Can you add an API call for getting all historical transactions for a single address? That seems to be the only bit of functionality that seems to be missing. Also it would be nice to get block by latest. Currently it seems the only way to get block data is by specifying hash or block height. Sometimes you just want the latest block…[/quote]

Hi, I’m sorry for not replying for so long. I had a lot of business trips in the last time and not enough spare time for this project.
So, I hope I can provide you these features soon. But I promise nothing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Update:
The new API calls are available. :slight_smile:
You might want to use /api/address/balance//full and /api/block/latest :wink:

1 Like

Hi [member=28807]Valermos[/member]

I have some questions about your wallet:

[ol][li]What information is stored server side?[/li]
[li]How does the minting pool work? Do you transfer all funds to a central address and group all the UTXO’s into one?[/li][/ol]

Hi hrobeers,

I onyl store username and salted hashed password. If you use emcSSL I also store the certificate name and if it’s active or not.
Additionally, I’m able to see which addresses belogs to which users and I’m storing of a transaction overview. Without this information the service itself won’t work.

All addresses of the online wallet belog to the same wallet. Therefore it is possible that all users gain profit from every stake block which has been found. It also allows cheap “intra wallet” transfers. This is why it’s necessary for me to know which user owns which addresses.

Please keep in mind: This service is beta and a hobby project. As mentioned in the ToS, you store all coins on your own risk. I know this is not the best ad, but at least I’m honest.

Hi Valermos,

Thanks for explaining.
It’s a nice project that is easy to use.
Since you are managing the keys, beginners are less likely to lose their funds due their own mistakes (as long as you are being honest).

I don’t know why you think intra wallet transfers are cheap? As far as I know every transaction has the same price, the peercoin network has no knowledge of the concept of a wallet, the blockchain doesn’t even know the concept of an address, only transactions.
If you are talking about grouping multiple transactions into one, then it can be cheaper to transfer funds. However that’s perfectly possible without them being in the same wallet.

So the point about the PoS pool is that with every mint, you share the mint rewards amongst participants? This is interesting for a stable reward income, however it would be more interesting to group all coins in a single UTXO (or a few big ones, depending on the difficulty) as that’s the only way to increase the chance of minting a block. It doesn’t even matter that they are in the same address, the really need to be in the same UTXO as an address is something artificial on the blockchain.

Sure, your doing great work. I’m trying to give you some feedback and share some insights.

Personally, I wouldn’t consider this wallet as I don’t like my keys to be managed by a third party.
But having coins at an exchange is no different, exchanges also manage your funds.
Other users might see you managing their keys and their minting as a service, which makes your wallet perfectly suited for them.

Thanks again for explaining.

These transfers are made by using different accounts. So I’m only moving balances from account a to account b. These transactions will never show up on the blockchain and are therefore free of charge.
The other concept of one single UTXO might destroy to much coinage and could be inefficient on the long run, I guess.

Hi Valermos
whether it is possible to add to the address API a number of confirmations for transaction?

Query:
https://peercoin.mintr.org/api/address/balance/PHviVXkakxrRtrvostDPGodW3JfvdrLGiR/full
Response:
{
“address”: “PHviVXkakxrRtrvostDPGodW3JfvdrLGiR”,
“balance”: “0.1”,
“last_sent”: “1461355023”,
“last_received”: “1462632100”,
“count_sent”: “1”,
“count_received”: “2”,
“total_sent”: “0.1”,
“total_received”: “0.2”,
“transactions”: [
{
“tx_hash”: null,
“time”: null,
“sent”: null,
“received”: “”
},
{
“tx_hash”: “7948d9550660caa2d4bd62cb90aae711fcff07cc8fff0495be745da902dcf192”,
“time”: “1462632100”,
“sent”: “”,
“received”: “0.1”
[size=14pt]“confirmations”:10438[/size]
},
{
“tx_hash”: “2dbe3a46b9d3f28e678c5f99678800e247f01a8475ea04ed029a80faeee9be5f”,
“time”: “1461355023”,
“sent”: “0.1”,
“received”: “”
[size=14pt]“confirmations”:12840[/size]
}
]
}

Hi,

I’m sorry for the delay. I’ve been on holiday and came back just to see that my provider crashed the system. They’ve needed two weeks to get my system back up and running.
So I hope it will work from now on…

Nevertheless, the last API call request has been implemented. It will now show the confirmations for each transaction.

I think mintr is lagging behind, last block is 1 day ago

Thanks for the info. It’s syncing again.

The online wallet service (peercoin.mintr.org/wallet) will be shut down on 31 August 2017! Please withdraw all your funds!

Will the explorer be online beyond that date?