Peercoin, Energy Efficiency and Mnemonics

I was driving home tonight and a thought struck me: Peercoin could use a “hook” to get people to recall it whenever they look at anything related to cryptocurrency.

Enter: “Kindly Please Come Over For Great Sex” *

It’s true that we just agreed on a Peercoin logo, but I’d like to propose a minor change, at least in required time to adjust it, that I hope has a major impact. If someone looks at the Bitcoin logo, they will see the “B” dollar sign, on a gold coin. If someone looks at the Peercoin logo, they will see the “P” yuan-esque logo, on a gold coin. With enough practice, you might be able to get someone to recall from memory either of those symbols and write them down for you – but I imagine it wouldn’t be an easy task…

…but if you described Peercoin to someone, and focused on the long-term energy efficiency of the project and how the coins self-mint value, generating more money, there’s a way that we could ingrain the Peercoin in their mind…

… make it green.

Instead of having a gold metallic die, imagine if the Peercoin logo was green metallic, with a gold leaf over in the center of the “P”.

"Peercoin is the green alternative to Bitcoin."

“Peercoin: Mint your own green”

So, is this just the champagne going to my head, or is there really something here?
[i]

• Biology mnemonic for remembering the order of: kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species[/i]

Yes, I know I’m stretching the definition of “mnemonics” to fit this particular case, but whatever :slight_smile:

[quote=“Ben, post:1, topic:864”]I was driving home tonight and a thought struck me: Peercoin could use a “hook” to get people to recall it whenever they look at anything related to cryptocurrency.

Enter: “Kindly Please Come Over For Great Sex” *

It’s true that we just agreed on a Peercoin logo, but I’d like to propose a minor change, at least in required time to adjust it, that I hope has a major impact. If someone looks at the Bitcoin logo, they will see the “B” dollar sign, on a gold coin. If someone looks at the Peercoin logo, they will see the “P” yuan-esque logo, on a gold coin. With enough practice, you might be able to get someone to recall from memory either of those symbols and write them down for you – but I imagine it wouldn’t be an easy task…

…but if you described Peercoin to someone, and focused on the long-term energy efficiency of the project and how the coins self-mint value, generating more money, there’s a way that we could ingrain the Peercoin in their mind…

… make it green.

Instead of having a gold metallic die, imagine if the Peercoin logo was green metallic, with a gold leaf over in the center of the “P”.

"Peercoin is the green alternative to Bitcoin."

“Peercoin: Mint your own green”

So, is this just the champagne going to my head, or is there really something here?
[i]

• Biology mnemonic for remembering the order of: kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species[/i][/quote]

Love the enthusiasm, but after the elaborate process Sentinelrv led our community through earlier this year to finalize the coin logo (the creation thread is an entertaining read to see all the discussions the community had around ideas like yours for a green coin), I don’t think we’re changing it anytime soon. :slight_smile: The green leaf is the eco-hook, and it works beautifully in the text-only version of the logo as well where a gold leaf would make less sense.

As well, Sunny prefers a gold coin, and our image is now plastered on sites like CNBC and major exchanges worldwide. Re-branding is not a viable option at this point I don’t think, we need to keep building on all the awesome momentum that’s been generated the past few weeks.