Peercoin.ecoining.com is a real trustworthy pool, try them for a week

I just wanted to share this with everyone. I’ve been watching peercoin.ecoining.com as a Peercoin pool for a few weeks now, just waiting for something to go wrong there, and nothing has…

It’s official (in my opinion) peercoin.ecoining.com is a real pool, without a scam, that seems to be running exactly as designed.

If something changes, I will be sure to make another post and let people know.

For now, it is a good idea to sign up and point your miners to peercoin.ecoining.com

They are barely running 1.5 THash/sec. Which is basically nothing when it comes to SHA256, yet they keep finding blocks!

Since there is such a low participation rate, every one gets paid more than you would at ppcoin.d7.lt

My only reason for giving peercoin.ecoining.com my vote of confidence is this:

a) Until now, I only trusted ppcoin.d7.lt, the leader in peercoin mining. (Problem is, you are probably sharing your mining efforts with botnets who also use them)

b) I’ve watched carefully how peercoin.ecoining.com has conducted themselves and they seem legitimate. If you email them, they answer. They even lowered their manual transfer fees and did give a block bonus for the first 5 blocks. This seems like a legitimate pool and I stand by them for the moment.

Even Fuzzybear mines with them.

I still think that if you’re unsure, ppcoin.d7.lt is still a good pool. But if you have 10 Ghash/sec or lower, and you are not a botnet, you really should consider peercoin.ecoining.com

To put things into perspective, a friend of mine is doing 2.6 Ghash/sec. Elsewhere he makes 0.03 PPC every 4-5 days. At ecoining he makes 0.12 PPC every 4-5 days just because the block finds and shares have less participation and less distribution when a block is found.

Best of all, if you know about 51% PoW concerns, mining with a competing pool like peercoin.ecoining.com can be a good idea as well.

Just wanted to share my findings.

Thank you mate!! :slight_smile:

We are working hard and I can asure you soon the pool will be better, faster and with cool additions we are working on.

We may not have a lot of hashrate, but damn me if we don’t have some really great users!!!

[quote=“mrbickle, post:2, topic:1905”]Thank you mate!! :slight_smile:

We are working hard and I can asure you soon the pool will be better, faster and with cool additions we are working on.

We may not have a lot of hashrate, but damn me if we don’t have some really great users!!![/quote]

I’ve seen a lot of mining pools in my time. Having responsive operators is important. Keep up the good work!

Does ecoining have an IRC channel or some sort of chat room?

I just pointed 150 gh/s at this pool. I’ll give it a go for a few days and see how it goes.

[quote=“k2_1971, post:4, topic:1905”]Does ecoining have an IRC channel or some sort of chat room?

I just pointed 150 gh/s at this pool. I’ll give it a go for a few days and see how it goes.[/quote]

Yes. They will have a chat:

Quote: “working on implementing a shoutbox [chat], a mobile app, a cleaner design and few other things”

I already told them that to improve their public legitimacy they need miners to be able to talk to one another to compare notes.

They’re going to implement a chat, for sure.

Just an update, I just noticed the last 3 blocks found by this pool were super lucky!

14% of estimated shares: FOUND BLOCK
35% of estimated shares: FOUND BLOCK
8% of estimated shares: FOUND BLOCK

When you can find a share in less than 50% of estimated shares, I think that’s pretty good, especially the 8% one.

This pool does show all the elements of being “real”. Now I’m worried about d7. Competition is a good thing.

This makes up for the “early days” of the pool, when it was FuzzyBear, MrBickle, a few others and I – in the dark, alone, and wondering when the luck would strike! :slight_smile:

Hello !

I’m a french miner, I’ve discover Peercoin there a few days, with the Ecoining Pool.

I’ve start my miner for less than 24 hours, and I’ve won 0.299400, with ~7.5GH/s.

I’ve try some other coins, and I don’t know why, but I want to believe in THIS coin.

Sorry for my english…!

There’s nothing to be sorry about, bitb3n! Welcome to the Peercoin community, and to the Ecoining pool :slight_smile:

I have to agree with the OP sentiment (was he paid extra I wonder?), pool operators are responsive and the pool seems to operate really well.

Have 250Gh pointing at this, and I am encouraged to keep investing in hardware and continuing with this pool long term.

I am concerned about pool hopping in general - is this an issue? Possibly… hopefully pool operators have a plan to move to DGM or PPLNS - perhaps when TH > 15+?

Zangy

[quote=“Zangy, post:10, topic:1905”]I have to agree with the OP sentiment (was he paid extra I wonder?), pool operators are responsive and the pool seems to operate really well.

Have 250Gh pointing at this, and I am encouraged to keep investing in hardware and continuing with this pool long term.

I am concerned about pool hopping in general - is this an issue? Possibly… hopefully pool operators have a plan to move to DGM or PPLNS - perhaps when TH > 15+?

Zangy[/quote]

Lol! Unfortunately we still don’t have any profits from the pool so we can’t pay anyone to write us reviews :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

About the payment system, we’ll switch to PPLNS (our preferred payment system) once we have enough blocks a day to allow faster rounds. Anyway I have not seen pool hoping happening yet, at least in big numbers, so not an issue at the moment.

Thank you for your support!! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, it’s just the beginning for me :wink:

mrbickle,

A couple of questions:

101017 Confirmed moogled 12/03 17:43:02 90,308,947.08 102.57 5,644,309 5,503,054 1 0.00

According to that block found on March 12th, “moogled” found it in 1 pool share, with a block time of 0.00%, is that true?

That’s the fastest block find I’ve found anywhere. The odds of this occurring is near impossible. Amazing!

Question #2

When some one looks at your page for the first time at peercoin.ecoining.com they see your Jan 6, 2014 page announcing the features. It doesn’t mention chat (which it should), that feature doesn’t come with MPOS, but yours has it. I think you should really mention that feature.

[quote=“ppcman, post:13, topic:1905”]mrbickle,

A couple of questions:

101017 Confirmed moogled 12/03 17:43:02 90,308,947.08 102.57 5,644,309 5,503,054 1 0.00

According to that block found on March 12th, “moogled” found it in 1 pool share, with a block time of 0.00%, is that true?

That’s the fastest block find I’ve found anywhere. The odds of this occurring is near impossible. Amazing!

Question #2

When some one looks at your page for the first time at peercoin.ecoining.com they see your Jan 6, 2014 page announcing the features. It doesn’t mention chat (which it should), that feature doesn’t come with MPOS, but yours has it. I think you should really mention that feature.[/quote]

Hello ppcman! Sorry for the late reply, but this week I’m on holidays and I try to stay away from computers if I can :slight_smile:

That block you tell me, indeed it was not found with 1 share, it was found with about 70% shares. It was me who broke the statistics erasing a user who asked to, and who had round shares. Stupid mistake from my part. I was going to fix it but after checking that shares were accounted and payed fine I preferred to stop messing with the database, and not make it worse. It just lowered the median 20 block PPLNS target, so no big deal.

About the chat, you’re right, I have to add it :slight_smile: The chat it’s one of the best thing that happened to the pool.

Thank you mate!

Ps. By the way, we are still investigating the late bad luck streak the pool is in. Once we are sure what really happened the last couple of weeks I’ll tell more info. But something smells fishy :frowning:

Sending you a PM for something to look for…

Well, in the end, we had 2 users with 3 accounts scamming the pool with pumped hashrates. We could reproduce the bug and pump our hashrates too. We don’t want to give much more information about it as we don’t want anyone doing the same. Issue has been notified to stratum devs and security measures have been implemented in the pool.

The scammers accounts had just 26 PPC that have been shared (along with some coins of our own too) between the miners.

Thank you for your PM ppcman.

By the way I said it in the pool’s thread too, we’ve migrated the server to a bigger, faster, stronger one :slight_smile: Now we’ve got lots of resources (last generation Xeon and 64 GB RAM) to spare and connection drops have stopped. With the blocks coming too, It seems we’re back on track again :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if this pool is still up? Had a payout the other day but the site is now down.

Hi Nox!

It is not problem with pool, only lag. Somebody is trying to flood the server:
“Possible SYN flooding on ctid 102, port 80. Dropping request”

I’m fighting to solve it :slight_smile: Only need some time

[quote=“paumiau, post:18, topic:1905”]Hi Nox!

It is not problem with pool, only lag. Somebody is trying to flood the server:
“Possible SYN flooding on ctid 102, port 80. Dropping request”

I’m fighting to solve it :slight_smile: Only need some time[/quote]

Cool thanks, thought it might have been a DDoS.

I shall my hashes on the pool then :slight_smile: