PeerCoin community

has it ever struck you that the PeerCoin community seems to just about the nicest, most collegial community around?

I think it attracts those who eschew alot of the flame wars, drama etc that goes on else where. This may be some how related to the tone SK sets

and the POS+POW itself, we are not and will not be driven into mining competition and all that entails, nor are we aiming at retail transactions but the really useful high value, appreciating assets, interbank, transnational, nightly balance, house purchase, back bone currency.

Going after ebay, new egg, amazon, is really the small stuff, as they sell 90% junk that is low value, and depreciates and is thrown away. I mean the whole retail sector is not worth that much in the scheme of things, it does have a high profile I guess, but thats about it.

I feel like I am walking into a quality establishment, with like minded peers, minus drama, that works when I deal in and with PeerCoin

I know what you mean. I can’t stand to be at BitcoinTalk for more than a couple minutes. The people in the altcoin forum act like children, calling each other names and just being very disrespectful toward each other. It’s hard to post something and not be insulted. It’s just pathetic. This place makes me sane again. It’s full of people that are intelligent, people that have done their research and understand the value that Peercoin offers. There’s always something interesting to read here, actual intelligent discussion and not just speculation on the price.

The community is one of the reasons I joined Peercoin. To be fair to BitcoinTalk it has a much, much larger community and many many more coins. But I believe many who bought into Bitcoin are libertarians, anarchists or anti-government types. They might have a point, they might not, but I find their politics distasteful and understanding of economics abysmal. I’ve even read accusations that Peercoin is made by “liberals” or “environmentalists” with no understanding of energy. Well I’m not sure if I’m a “liberal” or a “conservative” but I do know that politics is bad for business and to stay as far away from it as possible. Ben Bernanke might be evil incarnate or he might be the savior of the Western World but hatred of him should never drive business decisions. Neither should personal or political beliefs.

If/when the Bitcoin bubble pops, hopefully all those types don’t come to infest Peercoin (or if they do, they stay quiet too embarrassed to speak). If crypto survives a Bitcoin pop the biggest beneficiary won’t be Litecoin but Peercoin.

[quote=“bhldev, post:3, topic:1992”]The community is one of the reasons I joined Peercoin. To be fair to BitcoinTalk it has a much, much larger community and many many more coins. But I believe many who bought into Bitcoin are libertarians, anarchists or anti-government types. They might have a point, they might not, but I find their politics distasteful and understanding of economics abysmal. I’ve even read accusations that Peercoin is made by “liberals” or “environmentalists” with no understanding of energy. Well I’m not sure if I’m a “liberal” or a “conservative” but I do know that politics is bad for business and to stay as far away from it as possible. Ben Bernanke might be evil incarnate or he might be the savior of the Western World but hatred of him should never drive business decisions. Neither should personal or political beliefs.

If/when the Bitcoin bubble pops, hopefully all those types don’t come to infest Peercoin (or if they do, they stay quiet too embarrassed to speak). If crypto survives a Bitcoin pop the biggest beneficiary won’t be Litecoin but Peercoin.[/quote]

I quite like the cut and thrust of BTC talk, and enjoy it’s rather free congress of Ideas also being much larger it’s going to attract a much more outliers from normative views, and that you can put and hear and find counter points and supports for lots of views, a spade gets called out as a spade, the raw energy and creative chaos.

I like some dose of Bitcointalk once in a while, but it is always a breeze when you come back here.

Love to bring the messy and sometimes under snowed valuable opinions back to Peercoin and have a decent topic discussion or even just in the chat window (ever seen a real troll there?)

I’m sure it has to do with how Peercoin is positioned by its developer which clear attracts a certain kind of people (on average).
Would be interesting to see what the actual profile is of the average Peercoiner. I suspect when that becomes clear, Fuzzy won’t be able to find a place for all those requests for advertisements on the site :wink:

Hope it can stay like this, but it will probably change somewhat when cryptos become more mainstream. Diversity can also be a good thing.

I’m also not specifically liberal or green, but it’s time to shuffle things up a bit after the bank disasters and some environmental disasters (still ongoing). Being more sustainable will be more profitable in the long term for everyone. It is a shame that most people can’t look behind weeks or months and are blinded by short term greed. If you don’t have any food on a daily base, I can understand that, but beyond that you would expect some more rational thinking from intelligent beings. When I’m here at Peercoin, I like to think there is still hope ;D

Hope we can keep things going for a while here and hope that Sunny King is not into drugs dealing and Fuzzy not in wide scale money laundering (or anyone else here).

yes, for a community revolving around a currency, it’s good that people care about the larger usefulness to people and the potential for being more kind to the environment through proof of stake with peercoin and not just the price. also everyone has been welcoming and yet focused on getting things done.

Ugh… had enough of u lot!! Banning you all in this thread from the forum for life. Discussion is off topic, mean and full of hurtful remarks. I have spent such a long time trolling this forum, releasing new scamcoins, banning giveaway threads to try and make it feel like bitcointalk on here and all you lot can say is how nice everyone is here!!

Love you all so much and I feel a huge responsibility at times but just having actual nice people here that I want peercoin to succeed for makes everything worthwhile :slight_smile:

Now go do something productive… but be sure to put your feet up…

Mixed Messages Fuzzybear

+1 to the community

[quote=“bhldev, post:3, topic:1992”]The community is one of the reasons I joined Peercoin. To be fair to BitcoinTalk it has a much, much larger community and many many more coins. But I believe many who bought into Bitcoin are libertarians, anarchists or anti-government types. They might have a point, they might not, but I find their politics distasteful and understanding of economics abysmal. I’ve even read accusations that Peercoin is made by “liberals” or “environmentalists” with no understanding of energy. Well I’m not sure if I’m a “liberal” or a “conservative” but I do know that politics is bad for business and to stay as far away from it as possible. Ben Bernanke might be evil incarnate or he might be the savior of the Western World but hatred of him should never drive business decisions. Neither should personal or political beliefs.

If/when the Bitcoin bubble pops, hopefully all those types don’t come to infest Peercoin (or if they do, they stay quiet too embarrassed to speak). If crypto survives a Bitcoin pop the biggest beneficiary won’t be Litecoin but Peercoin.[/quote]

I am 100% libertarian, my perfect utopia is a pure anarchist system (which I doubt you even know what it is, so you coud try reading folks like Kropotkin or Bakunin) and of course I am anti-governments because I don’t like the world we live in and want a better one, not filled with suffering everywhere. I think your comment is really ignorant and very disrespectful but I know you don’t care because after all, all you care is business. So [EDITED]I disagree with[/EDITED] you mate!

And by the way, yes It’s been a great community so far. But you.

Mr Bickle

I can see why certain words in bhldev’s are misjudged or provokative - but by responding the way you have done, you have made yourself no better!

You think that bhldev is ignorant - if that is so, take the opportunity to enlighten him on points where you differ - and may the best argument win

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:11, topic:1992”]Mr Bickle

I can see why certain words in bhldev’s are misjudged, even provokative - but by responding the way you have done, you have made yourself no better!

You think that bhldev is ignorant - if that is so, take the opportunity to enlighten him on points where you differ - and may the best argument win[/quote]

I’m all for debate, and I understand that some of my ideology is not easy to understand for some even though in the end I just want a better and fairer world. I don’t try to convince anyone either, I just try to live with my family and loved ones, at least, not making this world worse and hopefully making it a little better. I try to respect all ideologies and ways of thinking but I don’t think he is the kind of person to start a constructive debate:

“I find their politics distasteful and understanding of economics abysmal”
“hopefully all those types don’t come to infest Peercoin (or if they do, they stay quiet too embarrassed to speak)”

I don’t think he wants to be enlightened by a distasteful infection like me either… It was not even the purpose of this thread, we can start one to debate world politics and ways of thinking, this one was just to mention the great community there is here, and I subscribe that.

Hey everyone. I’ve been mining Peercoin for about a month now and just wanted to give my $0.02 on how helpful the community always is and how great it is to be a part of Peercoin. I don’t have too much coding experience but am taking up computer science in college and am hopeful to have some type of positive impact to the coin in the future. Already I have learned a ton from these forums and thank you guys for being awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk