Peercoin Clothing

I have been speaking with a clothing manufacturer here in the UK who already produces bitcoin hoodies and other clothing of a very high quality (I have personally bought from them and am looking to buy more).

I asked them to include a line of Peercoin clothing in their store and hopefully to accept peercoin as payment :slight_smile:

The store owner has produced the following embroided logo which will be sewn onto various garments. Please let me know what you think and if there are any changes or issues or requests you have that you would like to see.

I will be ordering many items through this retailer as they are a genuine business and I can pay in Ā£ to him and save my PPC, but he has been very responsive to all my emails and I would like to see some support for his company from the rest of the community. I will be running some advertising deal with the owner to spread the word about the clothing line, but can I see what interest the community has in ordering from this retailer.

Online store is here: http://www.thetshirtmen.co.uk
Original selling thread on bitcointalk here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265621.0

Many thanks
Fuzzybear

Looks good. My only concern would be the P and the background are the same color. What does it look like at a distance? a yellow circle with a green thing? Maybe darken the background a bit to let the P standout more? Keep the same color on the rim as the P.

Just a thought :slight_smile:

CB

[quote=ā€œCoinBadger, post:2, topic:1260ā€]Looks good. My only concern would be the P and the background are the same color. What does it look like at a distance? a yellow circle with a green thing? Maybe darken the background a bit to let the P standout more? Keep the same color on the rim as the P.

CB[/quote]
Yeah this was my slight thought and my dadā€™s when i ran it past himā€¦ maybe a slightly tighter weave on the background and touch darker on the P then i think we are in business :slight_smile: I will ask the designer to do one with just a P and the green leaf and no circle round it.

Really appreciate the feedback thought :slight_smile: ty

Fuzzybear

[quote=ā€œCoinBadger, post:2, topic:1260ā€]Looks good. My only concern would be the P and the background are the same color. What does it look like at a distance? a yellow circle with a green thing? Maybe darken the background a bit to let the P standout more? Keep the same color on the rim as the P.

CB[/quote]

This!

Iā€™d echo the same concerns about visibility and contrast. Will definitely pick one up though, Iā€™ve been looking forward to Peercoin clothing! Iā€™d also love to see a faded PPC logo on green or onyx heathered-color t-shirts.

I would completely change to a black background and make the double P stand out. No one says we have to retain yellow on yellow everywhere.

I wouldnā€™t choose a black background if itā€™s the circle. If the clothing itself is black then it might be okayā€¦ Once i get accepted to the community and iā€™m able to reply in the social media topic for Facebook banner iā€™ll explain why.

I wouldnā€™t choose a black background if itā€™s the circle. If the clothing itself is black then it might be okayā€¦ Once i get accepted to the community and iā€™m able to reply in the social media topic for Facebook banner iā€™ll explain why.[/quote]
I am not a color guru, and feel free to reply here. All I was saying is that we can change the background a bit to make the logo stand out.

I wouldnā€™t choose a black background if itā€™s the circle. If the clothing itself is black then it might be okayā€¦ Once i get accepted to the community and iā€™m able to reply in the social media topic for Facebook banner iā€™ll explain why.[/quote]
I am not a color guru, and feel free to reply here. All I was saying is that we can change the background a bit to make the logo stand out.[/quote]

The reason that i donā€™t think that Peercoin is good with black is because Peercoin is a green coin with the energy efficiency, so better for our future with the environmental friendly aspect of mining. So Peercoin should be bright and clean and not sober black, like smog :wink:
Maybe a little farfetched, but if you look at these examples from google:
https://www.google.nl/search?q=green&espv=210&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TTvAUpL2Dse70QWKk4HwDw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1387&bih=738#es_sm=91&espv=210&q=environmentally+friendly&tbm=isch

Did a quick edit in photoshop and something like this could be an option. Lighter blue might be even better:

Great feedback everyone keep it coming.

I directed the store owner to this thread and his reply was
ā€œI appreciate the feedback from yourself and the other forum members and will get this amended asap and get back to you with a new design! ā€¦ happy to get these looking fab and out there into the PPC community!ā€

I asked to see one with a black background but looking through the comments a green background i would consider as well, but agreed it depends a lot on the colour of clothing choice.

My understanding is that once the embroided sample is made up its a possibility to offer that on clothes as its just a copy to be made upā€¦ so you may get a choice of logos :slight_smile: (but i need to double check this)

many thanks again for showing your support,
Fuzzybear

I liked the black background. Would look nice with a white shirt. Otherwise the gold and green look nice

I like the idea of having just the P and no circle. Very classy. :slight_smile:

Yeah, if itā€™s possible to go with just the ā€œPā€ emblem and no surround, I think it would look great.

I have a small business making shirts.

The concern for the two yellows being too close together is a good one. At a distance it would look like a yellow patch.

I do have a question about the logo. I am starting a project to build a mining rig, by trading shirts for coins then trading the coins for equipment. Trying to do it all in a coin ecosystem as a learning project.

I made a Peercoin shirt, but I used the Grey/Blue one. Is that a Peercoin logo or the logo of a company that does Peercoin stuff?

Itā€™s blue on silver glitter, it looks really coolā€¦ but itā€™s not appropriate if itā€™s a company logo.

Thanks
:slight_smile:

Just my two cents here, but I would suggest making the background color inside the gold circle to be the same green as the leaf in the ā€˜Pā€™
Basically, replace the light blue with an ā€˜earthy greenā€™.

Cheers. :slight_smile:

Are those shirts on sale nowadays? :smiley:

no not yet :frowning: the guy went quiet on meā€¦ Iā€™ll send a follow up email today

Fuzzybear

I have a friend who just bought a clothing printing press. If you can put some ideas out here as far as images (other than the logo) I will run it through him and see if we can get and initial set going.