Peercoin.chat final release

[center][size=14pt]peercoin.chat[/size][/center]

We can consider the first iteration of modern Peercoin focused chat as a test, chat.peerbox.me is now going to history.
Due to technical reasons I did not move the database from old server to new one, so all users must create new accounts.

I’ve relocated the service to fresh VPS to solve the problem of service going down sometime as we have experienced before, handled HTTPS via Let’s Encrypt and made it default and the only way to access the service. All data going out and in the peercoin.chat is now encrypted.
Let’s Encrypt security certificate will be recognized by default starting from Firefox 50, until then please just add exception.

Private messages, users can now chat secretly using OTR encryption by clicking on the key icon on the lower right bar whenever in the private chat with another user.

One thing I still have to solve is email support, which I have trouble with. However I will release the service into public as it works as expected.
If anyone has graphics skills please contact me to organize branding this chat into new peercoin colors.

[hr]

If you find the service usable please consider donating to PPchatrw5hV1y3JUU2kxyL4LQccprbp8FX
Running and administering service costs time.
Thank you.

Just wanted to note that I’ll be working with Peerchemist on rebranding Peercoin.chat with the new logos. First though I need to have our full logo set made up.

[quote=“peerchemist, post:1, topic:4056”]If you find the service usable please consider donating to PPchatrw5hV1y3JUU2kxyL4LQccprbp8FX
Running and administering service costs time.
Thank you.[/quote]

Please include this excerpt on the front page of the site, as well as, in any emails rocketchat sends, like email verification or password reminders if possible.

Don’t get discouraged if you don’t receive anything right away. But as it becomes more utilized, I am confident that you will…

Let’s also earmark the date chat goes live this way. If it’s September 16th, we should do a mini celebration / acknowledgement this time next year to commemorate the event and possible do a fundraiser at the same time.

Thank you very, very, very, much Peerchemist.

Also consider a small sponsorship ad for rent on the front page after the site shows how busy it gets (maybe in 3-4 months, etc).

[quote=“peerchemist, post:1, topic:4056”][center][size=14pt]peercoin.chat[/size][/center]

… so all users must create new accounts.[/quote]
I am informed that the email is already registered, do not get up again, and the old account is not working.

Just try again, that happens sometime for random reasons.

If anyone is still having issues with creating account please note that problem is with mailer subsystem of the application. It gets stuck sometime. Please tell me if you do not receive welcome mail.

If you have github account, you can login with it as well and avoid this problems.

I have deleted accounts that seemed like stuck in login process, so you are free to try again.

im stuck, says email already exists, password reset doesnt show up. yesterday was giving me internal server error when tryign to register…

I have manually confirmed your user now. Did you receive email to reset password now?

I have manually confirmed your user now. Did you receive email to reset password now?[/quote]

unfortunately not…

I’ve deleted your acc. Re-register please.