Peercoin Charts and data analysis

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

http://charts.peercointalk.org check it out and any feedback welcome

Fuzzybear

Great initiative. Maybe you could add “date first block” and “date last block” so we can spot the mining activity time range.

Edit: PTGSzqZHvXtHuhj5VWhAybjzZhXs9hH3zR is also ppcoin.d7.lt (cf. https://ppcoin.d7.lt/stats)

[quote=“Thireus, post:3, topic:3377”]Great initiative. Maybe you could add “date first block” and “date last block” so we can spot the mining activity time range.

Edit: PTGSzqZHvXtHuhj5VWhAybjzZhXs9hH3zR is also ppcoin.d7.lt (cf. https://ppcoin.d7.lt/stats)[/quote]
Added first and last blocks found for the pool, added d7 address.

Also a list of all the POW blocks in last 600, was thinking something like the time difference between these blocks ? would that be useful or the change in difficulty or reward?

… hmm thinking about it its probably more useful to have this as live data stream from the API’s as I was going to next add in data from each pool on their stats of hashrate time since last block etc and i guess that is where something like angularJS would be best used… maybe time to project rewrite… but at least some data there

Fuzzybear

Added pool data, need to clean up formatting a bit and get D7’s data in there and multipool.us and coinotron.

Fuzzybear

Awesome, great work!

Do you think it would be possible to add the First/Last Block date to first150000 and first10000 data too?

Do you mean the average time between blocks per address?

[quote=“Thireus, post:6, topic:3377”]Awesome, great work!

Do you think it would be possible to add the First/Last Block date to first150000 and first10000 data too?[/quote]

Those two pages are just hard coded data i took as it takes a long time to process that many requests tot he api. Once I fix the charts and finalise the data displayed I will run again for the two pages and paste the hard coded data in.

Do you mean the average time between blocks per address?[/quote]

I have a list of POW blocks with properties like time, address etc, at the time of writing the block to the list I can compare with the rest of the blocks in the list and see if address matches and what time it was. this will get very long on the checking though and maybe slow the page down quite a bit, just depends if we want to display this data here or I can see if I can pass all the POW block data to a new page and produce other stats there with these kind of calculations etc. Just not sure what to do atm, let me play with the charts as we have an output but it will break if we go below 5 addresses on blocks found, and i’ll see if anyone has posted any good ideas :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

The pow/pos chart is for # of coins, not # of blocks, right?

How about a live chart of what percent coins are minting following the method here? Basically choose a number of addresses that have a large number (N) of coins in total, if they find P% of all POS blocks in, say 5 days, then the percentage of minting cions is

N / P% / T,

where T is the total money supply. This formula assumes most coins are in stakes of about the same size (S), which is probably true as a result of splitting and aggregating. The formula can be refined to take into consideration of frozen coins after the average time of an average sized stake finds a block is calculated.

[quote=“mhps, post:8, topic:3377”]The pow/pos chart is for # of coins, not # of blocks, right?

How about a live chart of what percent coins are minting following the method here? Basically choose a number of addresses that have a large number (N) of coins in total, if they find P% of all POS blocks in, say 5 days, then the percentage of minting cions is

N / P% / T,

where T is the total money supply. This formula assumes most coins are in stakes of about the same size (S), which is probably true as a result of splitting and aggregating. The formula can be refined to take into consideration of frozen coins after the average time of an average sized stake finds a block is calculated.[/quote]
no the pow/pos is the count of blocks.

I’ll have to take a look at your other request, sorry just woke up :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

Hey Fuzzy,

Do you think it would be possible to have the same kind of data analysis for PoS? I think that could be quite useful to know how much individual addresses earned with PoS, when was the last block generated and how much coinage was burned on average.

Yeh was just thinking this the other dat in fact, but been busy on an exciting new project.

This is the sort of thing I should be able to sort out a messy version fairly quick to see how and what data we want displayed.

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

Thumbs Up Fuzzy, that’s really useful!!

FYI PDr819WQd4gH7F6mpRB3C89t8kN4JeT3Uw is d7pool. See their latest blocks to verify: peercoin.d7.lt/